Thc/ Cbd Diamonds

• Thread starter OrganicPro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mandalaman

mandalaman

I believe you simply do an extraction with your butane (or other solvent mix) and instead of pouring onto a tray and putting into a VacOven you pour into a glass jar and put in the freezer. Leave undisturbed for a few weeks and the diamonds will form. It's just a different method of purging and the low, slow, cold temp, no agitation, and extended period of time result in the "diamonds"

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I believe you simply do an extraction with your butane (or other solvent mix) and instead of pouring onto a tray and putting into a VacOven you pour into a glass jar and put in the freezer. Leave undisturbed for a few weeks and the diamonds will form. It's just a different method of purging and the low, slow, cold temp, no agitation, and extended period of time result in the "diamonds"
No its not like that at all

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

This thread is great. I'm dying.
If you don't know, now.. you don't know.
Here's a vid of some sauce, I posted just for you guys. Notice the separation, those are your crystals.

O

OrganicPro

This thread is great. I'm dying.
If you don't know, now.. you don't know.
Here's a vid of some sauce, I posted just for you guys. Notice the separation, those are your crystals.
How does the solvent get purged out? Is this relatively clean to smoke?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

How does the solvent get purged out? Is this relatively clean to smoke?
This batch was terpy shatter, so I shattered it up and used it to sauce up. Like @GrowGod said, pressure and heat. This took me 3 days. You can just pour off live resin in a mason jar, and throw into your vac oven (don't vac) throw into 120 degrees, come back in 4 to 6 days and the bottom will be littered with "diamonds". There is other ways, but this is the most popular. You can use certain solvents to force a separation but that's lame lol.

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

what process are people using to create thc diamonds? Anybody familiar with it or have hands on experience thanks guys. Any info is appreciated.
I can fairly easily produce Delta 9 thc in purities approaching absolute. I have tried a number of approaches to produce Delta 9 thc crystals however deep cryogenic freeze during free molecular flow conditions remains on my to-do list to get crystal formation.

I often freeze the compound and owing to the purified optics of Delta 9 thc it absolutely takes on a gem like quality but never a crystal. Here is an example of Delta 9 thc of a purity approaching absolute at room temp. I am interested in what kind of crystalization is being seen because at room temp the Delta 9 version of THC is liquid albeit highly viscous at room temp and is sort of cool to play around with lolz.
C70444C3 5063 4350 9F2A 681ECB0DE860

F

ForrestGUMP

I really want to figure this out lol. I read the info on this link I'm posting and was hoping I could come here to get a little more detail.

Generally when I have seen pics and vids of "distillate" it looks like like a light amber bho product. Where as the diamonds look like shards of glass. I'm not sure if they are the same thing lol but I'm pretty sure an evaporator is used for both.

Anyways check out this link and let's get this figured out so we can smoke some diamonds
https://herb.co/marijuana/news/children-smoking-weed

mandalaman

mandalaman

I believe it's a process where you take your bho (or other solvent) extract which has pressure applied to it, thus super saturating the terps with thca and causing the thca to form its natural crystalline structure .

I havent had much success with the mason jar method but if you check out a diamond miner you'll get an idea of what it consists of.

P

progeny-prodigy

I can fairly easily produce Delta 9 thc in purities approaching absolute. I have tried a number of approaches to produce Delta 9 thc crystals however deep cryogenic freeze during free molecular flow conditions remains on my to-do list to get crystal formation.

I often freeze the compound and owing to the purified optics of Delta 9 thc it absolutely takes on a gem like quality but never a crystal. Here is an example of Delta 9 thc of a purity approaching absolute at room temp. I am interested in what kind of crystalization is being seen because at room temp the Delta 9 version of THC is liquid albeit highly viscous at room temp and is sort of cool to play around with lolz.View attachment 777396
the "diamonds" r thc acid crystals not thc once u do a short path distillation u wont be able to get it to crystallize. the chromatographic seperation u do would probly work if u hav starting material high in thca

Cyclopath

Cyclopath

the "diamonds" r thc acid crystals not thc once u do a short path distillation u wont be able to get it to crystallize. the chromatographic seperation u do would probly work if u hav starting material high in thca

Yep. THCA will crystallize, THC will not. 'least that's what the interwebs claim.

Crystallizing out of a (super)saturated solution is SOP for essentially all crystallization...and to grow big crystals, it needs to occur slowly.

Gonna have to check out that BVV diamond miner.

F

ForrestGUMP

Yep. THCA will crystallize, THC will not. 'least that's what the interwebs claim.

Crystallizing out of a (super)saturated solution is SOP for essentially all crystallization...and to grow big crystals, it needs to occur slowly.

Gonna have to check out that BVV diamond miner.
I'm going to order one when I get the extra cash....but I'm not exactly sure how to use it lol

Cyclopath

Cyclopath

I'm going to order one when I get the extra cashhen ....but I'm not exactly sure how to use it lol

Maybe start by growing sugar crystals in it then ;-)

http://www.kidzworld.com/article/26598-make-your-own-crystals

Note the canning jars. Early tech used pretty much the same trick to make THCA crystals. Except they use THCA in butane (under purged BHO) in the canning jar. Which should scare the fuck out of you.

It's on my to-do list, but I haven't yet figured out how to safely do this in a freezer.

The extra purification steps listed in the article you linked are not strictly necessary. The mere act of forming a crystal excludes the vast majority of impurities. Growing the crystals in pentane rather than butane is a common theme.

My understanding is that you will get trapped solvent with this methodology, enough to fail residual solvent tests in some jurisdictions.

I'm surprised the BVV Diamond Miners don't have pressure relief built in.

Cyclopath

Cyclopath

Im telling you its called distillation look that up pimp

Nope. Distillation will get you high purity THC, but it won't get you THCA crystals.

I have seen CBD in powdered form (small crystals), but never THC. Only THCA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom