Thc/ Cbd Diamonds

• Thread starter OrganicPro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

progeny-prodigy

Nope. Distillation will get you high purity THC, but it won't get you THCA crystals.

I have seen CBD in powdered form (small crystals), but never THC. Only THCA.
yea apparently cbd crystallizes and cbda doesnt. so the opposite of thc/thca. the thing about cbda not crystallizing isnt something i kno fur sure but thats what people say and ive never seen crystalline cbda but i hav seen crystalline cbd.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

20180221 220330
Nope. Distillation will get you high purity THC, but it won't get you THCA crystals.

I have seen CBD in powdered form (small crystals), but never THC. Only THCA.
Cbd isolate below

F

ForrestGUMP

Maybe start by growing sugar crystals in it then ;-)

http://www.kidzworld.com/article/26598-make-your-own-crystals

Note the canning jars. Early tech used pretty much the same trick to make THCA crystals. Except they use THCA in butane (under purged BHO) in the canning jar. Which should scare the fuck out of you.

It's on my to-do list, but I haven't yet figured out how to safely do this in a freezer.

The extra purification steps listed in the article you linked are not strictly necessary. The mere act of forming a crystal excludes the vast majority of impurities. Growing the crystals in pentane rather than butane is a common theme.

My understanding is that you will get trapped solvent with this methodology, enough to fail residual solvent tests in some jurisdictions.

I'm surprised the BVV Diamond Miners don't have pressure relief built in.

Lol ya the glass jar method sounds a little sketchy.

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

the "diamonds" r thc acid crystals not thc once u do a short path distillation u wont be able to get it to crystallize. the chromatographic seperation u do would probly work if u hav starting material high in thca
The link provided by one post above describing the isolation of THC A confirmed that they are using Sephadex LH 20 (spendy stuff) for their stationary phase and it is a chromatography seperation then a recrystalization of the output from the chromatography. Nice. It is a reverse chromatography method. They use chemicals I cannot reasonably afford as a hobbyist like chloroform. I cannot even get it lolz. But to give you an example of how spendy this stuff is I just got my new jar of silica gel 60, standard chromatography gel two days ago from Amazon. 500 g cost me after shipping $125. Compare that on Amazon today for the Sephadex LH 20 reverse phase chromatography gel which cost $200 for just 25 grams. I use cheap hexane and ethyl acetate. They use pretty spendy chemicals instead.

I probably use about a hundred grams per chromatography run. These crystals must cost a fortune to buy per gram lolz. I can't do it with my standard stuff for sure.

F

ForrestGUMP

The link provided by one post above describing the isolation of THC A confirmed that they are using Sephadex LH 20 (spendy stuff) for their stationary phase and it is a chromatography seperation then a recrystalization of the output from the chromatography. Nice. It is a reverse chromatography method. They use chemicals I cannot reasonably afford as a hobbyist like chloroform. I cannot even get it lolz. But to give you an example of how spendy this stuff is I just got my new jar of silica gel 60, standard chromatography gel two days ago from Amazon. 500 g cost me after shipping $125. Compare that on Amazon today for the Sephadex LH 20 reverse phase chromatography gel which cost $200 for just 25 grams. I use cheap hexane and ethyl acetate. They use pretty spendy chemicals instead.

I probably use about a hundred grams per chromatography run. These crystals must cost a fortune to buy per gram lolz. I can't do it with my standard stuff for sure.
I seen a guy reviewing some on YouTube and he said it was $280 a gram lol.
I'm also starting to realize itsi too complicated and expensive for me as well :(((

P

progeny-prodigy

I understand how spendy it can be lol ever since I saw ur videos I've been collecting the materials to try it myself and the silica gel is the last main thing I'm missing. Before seeing ur videos I had never seen how it could be done on that scale, I had only seen it at analytical scale or industrial scale. I make co2 oil but I can't afford a distillation system yet and chromatographic purification seems lik the next best thing.
That's y its so sad ur no longer going to make/share ur videos. Ur a source of reliable data in a sea of misinformation and I wanted to let u know that ur videos will be missed.
I have seen other scientific papers that use bare silica as a media the same solvent systems as you (usually with a modifier) and others where they crystallized thca from impure mixtures. I think if u had starting material high in thca, then the alumina dewaxing and silica column you do in your videos would be enough to create a solution where the thca could crystalize out. If I'm missing something obvious please let me know.
ps not that I recommend this but making chloroform at home is actually quite simple with the haloform reaction

edit. https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170008870A1/en

Cyclopath

Cyclopath

In my experience, most chromatography systems utilize a reusable matrix. I've never seen thin-layer plates reused, but that GC or LC column your 3rd party analytical lab uses to quantitate your cannabinoids can be reused thousands of times.

Yes, the Sephadex is expensive, but you don't throw it away at the end of the day. Treat it right and you'll only buy it once.

Cyclopath

Cyclopath

Lol ya the glass jar method sounds a little sketchy.

1) Take under purged BHO, put it in a glass jar, don't quite seal it, or it might break.
2) Put it in your home freezer, the one above your refrigerator.
3) Ignore that your fridge gets cold via a channel from the freezer above
4) come back for a beer, and let the light in the fridge brighten your day.

yeah, just a hair sketchy...

P

progeny-prodigy

In my experience, most chromatography systems utilize a reusable matrix. I've never seen thin-layer plates reused, but that GC or LC column your 3rd party analytical lab uses to quantitate your cannabinoids can be reused thousands of times.

Yes, the Sephadex is expensive, but you don't throw it away at the end of the day. Treat it right and you'll only buy it once.
ive also seen florisil quoted many times for use as a second media after a bare silica column. florisil is much more reasonable and basically the same price as the silica

F

ForrestGUMP

Ok so the diamond miner is finally back in stock at bestvaluevacs.com for $795. Im about to order it but I had some questions.

The biggest thing I was wondering is whether I need fresh material or not. Can I use dried and cured trim? Or do I have to use fresh plants like with live resin?

Latest posts

Top Bottom