The Best Weed!!!

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

Seagreen sponsors the photo of the month here and i use it personally at 1/4tsp./gal. every other day and using my own tests, it has replaced all my other kelp,humic, and microbe products. I've looked at it under a microscope but it's so good i still fear they got something in there lol. I grow a lot of different ways but i'm trying tostay relevant to you, which i think is soillless indoor salts and additives. That way, i now use a simple "300mix" of 1/2tsp. Ksi(armorsi),flora micro, flora bloom each. I do 300mix one day, 1/4tsp. Seagreen the other. In w5 i add dextrose(sugar) at 1/4tsp. on the seagreen days. On my ig, most photos are grown with that. I change the ksi often with whatever i get free or cheap, same with the npk. I will be purchasing seagreen when i run out though. All my growing and i haven't even used 32oz. up yet and i use it in veg also. Most even large plants will have very slight tip burn from this if you don't add some water days based on runoff ppm, color, and experience though.

Wanted to edit some quick stuff in. 300mix is usually 280ppm in ro, not actually 300. On the seagreen days i water without runoff. Half your salts are unused. The idea is to chelate and use/break them down with microbes and humates from the seagreen on the water days. When feeding salts i water with considerable runoff. Usually i water until it's pouring fully out the bottom with ease.
Right on I'll try the seagreen. I have some botanicare silica blast I use as ph up but I'm not sure how much is ok. I think I've seen people say they use up to 5 ml per gal. The 300 mix is 300ppm? What about npk/mg/S ratios? It seems like the old schoolers used more p and now most favor more k. I haven't been on ig yet I'll have to check that out too. You got a link?

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Right on I'll try the seagreen. I have some botanicare silica blast I use as ph up but I'm not sure how much is ok. I think I've seen people say they use up to 5 ml per gal. The 300 mix is 300ppm? What about npk/mg/S ratios? It seems like the old schoolers used more p and now most favor more k. I haven't been on ig yet I'll have to check that out too. You got a link?
If label says tsp/gal its probably typical ksi. Dynagro protekt, armorsi, and likely silica blast are usually the same saturation of potassium silicate. 003 or 004 npk and ksi = a lot of these. I didn't see a difference in 1tsp or 1/2tsp/gal ksi. Newage clay powder silica works so i'm gonna switch to that but i got gallons of free ksi to use first.

The reason for the p change is leaf tests on cannabis usually show a npk of 3 1 2 or 3 1 3ish, so the markets on a low p kick currently. Only half salt p is available and the shits toxic as runoff. I have the exact ppms of n p k ca mg s si for that mix but it's not handy unfortunately. I really don't want to type it all out right now but i'll pm you it later if you want.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The funniest part of this whole discussion is nobody realizes genetic drift. Usually happens shortly after someone decides it’s time to release the elite to the public. Right when they are rolling out the new elite. This is the way it works folks.
You don’t give a diamond away until it’s no longer is classified as a diamond. Or until you find something better.

the rrock

the rrock

I guess Im the lucky one. I found a pheno of sensi Hindu Kush 15 years ago and still to this day everyone(even 40+ years of smoking) ive shared this with say it the strongest pot they have ever smoked.Minimum 6-8hr zombie weed.Ive grown well over 4000 plants and nothing comes close.Never gave out a seed or clone just share the weed with a select few people that need it,(ALS or cancer)

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I guess Im the lucky one. I found a pheno of sensi Hindu Kush 15 years ago and still to this day everyone(even 40+ years of smoking) ive shared this with say it the strongest pot they have ever smoked.Minimum 6-8hr zombie weed.Ive grown well over 4000 plants and nothing comes close.Never gave out a seed or clone just share the weed with a select few people that need it,(ALS or cancer)
You should give it to science when the time is right. Would you ever get it tested or have you? I love the story regardless. Old school sensi packs live on to many ime. Old hindu kushes and hazes. Northern lights, early girl.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Aw c'mon Rock at least share a few pics? lol, that's really cool you found that. I would be tempted to be the next gorilla glue. Pass out a bunch of cuts and call it rock weed.. Then when the whole nation is raving about rock weed and telling all kind of made up stories about it you can step up and tell the real story. That or patent it and start your own company like jungle boys. Another idea would be to autction it off at some point in the future after federal legalization. Some chicks get millions for their virginity nowdays, I think the ultimate strain would be a better buy. Maybe snoop dogg will buy it.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Honestly there’s gems to be found in almost every pack of seeds. In 10 years you’re going to kick yourself for not obtaining the current genetics while you had the chance.

The only thing I regret is not buying more.

You’ll look fondly on this time period and wish you could restore it like a Time Machine back up (mac OS X reference).

One bit of advice is to grab some Bros Grimm genetics. They are rock solid and have just recently re-entered the game. Many of the strains and elite clones circulating around right now were phenos / gems found in their packs of seeds.

There’s a lot of great genetics out there right now. Don’t let the one that got away or the fear of losing out bite you. Grab what you can when you can and enjoy it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

You should give it to science when the time is right. Would you ever get it tested or have you? I love the story regardless. Old school sensi packs live on to many ime. Old hindu kushes and hazes. Northern lights, early girl.

For real, man. Anything I obtain and/or breed I want to share with the community. What's good to you guys is good for me. Diverse genetics give us more options to meet our medical and recreational needs. At the same time I think it's good that people maintain the integrity of older strains and release them to the community from time to time.

When I started my first grow I hadn't even considered breeding. Then I joined this forum and you guys inspired me. Now I got the bug.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Maybe things are different in the rest of the country but let me tell you about the weed scene in a pretty good size city Riverside CA. Now in Riverside there was almost always easy to score mexican brick weed that went from 20 to 30 dollars a quarter. I've seen it get higher in dry times but never really lower than 20. This is what almost everyone smoked. Then there was chronic which in Riverside just refers to really good weed with that chronic taste not a specific strain. Skunk was really the only other name you might hear it called but that refered more to a specific smelling strain. It also has the chronic taste. All of that weed went for $100 a quarter. If you had a special occasion or extra money you might buy that. Some people might come up with some homegrown that was not compressed from time to time but that was rare and still would only fetch 30 to 40 a quarter. That is the weed I see being sold now at dispensaries for 60 and eighth lol. F@#K that!! In the old days if you paid 100 for that you and everyone else knew you got ripped off. Now there seems to be a whole generation that doesn't know that they are getting ripped off. There is no question that I or anyone who has been around long enough to know can tell 100 dollar weed from 20 dollar weed. Some people may have forgotten but anyone with an iq above 90 should be able to tell the difference. Even though my weed looks like 100 dollar weed and the high is probably pretty much the same, my weed is still just 20 dollar weed to me until I find a way to get that taste imo.

Rant over lol, but I disagree about all this weed today still being around in the future. Who would buy a shit avocado at the supermarket when this big juicy HAAS avacado is right next to it for the same price? The best strains will be the only ones around then is my prediction. Do you think there are millions of people out there right now trying to grow a better apple? No, because the ones we already have are almost impossible to beat! We'll have to wait and see.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Maybe things are different in the rest of the country but let me tell you about the weed scene in a pretty good size city Riverside CA. Now in Riverside there was almost always easy to score mexican brick weed that went from 20 to 30 dollars a quarter. I've seen it get higher in dry times but never really lower than 20. This is what almost everyone smoked. Then there was chronic which in Riverside just refers to really good weed with that chronic taste not a specific strain. Skunk was really the only other name you might hear it called but that refered more to a specific smelling strain. It also has the chronic taste. All of that weed went for $100 a quarter. If you had a special occasion or extra money you might buy that. Some people might come up with some homegrown that was not compressed from time to time but that was rare and still would only fetch 30 to 40 a quarter. That is the weed I see being sold now at dispensaries for 60 and eighth lol. F@#K that!! In the old days if you paid 100 for that you and everyone else knew you got ripped off. Now there seems to be a whole generation that doesn't know that they are getting ripped off. There is no question that I or anyone who has been around long enough to know can tell 100 dollar weed from 20 dollar weed. Some people may have forgotten but anyone with an iq above 90 should be able to tell the difference. Even though my weed looks like 100 dollar weed and the high is probably pretty much the same, my weed is still just 20 dollar weed to me until I find a way to get that taste imo.

Rant over lol, but I disagree about all this weed today still being around in the future. Who would buy a shit avocado at the supermarket when this big juicy HAAS avacado is right next to it for the same price? The best strains will be the only ones around then is my prediction. Do you think there are millions of people out there right now trying to grow a better apple? No, because the ones we already have are almost impossible to beat! We'll have to wait and see.

I used to pick up good quality brick for a hundi a QP and flip it for $5-$10 a dub. People slam it but I got some super stony smoke a lot of the time. Called it Sexy Mexi. Wish I had some of them seeds now.

Don't have that prob much up here. It's overpriced but I get that cause they ain't sellin it out their apt. But some of the prices you guys are talkin bout down South for the quality you're sayin... That sh*t ain't right. A dispensary ain't gonna be around long here if their quality doesn't line up with the price.

I hope there's heirloom varieties still available in the future just like tomatoes at the supermarket. But I want them for breeding more than smoking.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Two things.

First I think everyone would like to grow chronic weed but for some reason it is super hard. Like I was saying earlier in the thread there is either some secret technique that no one tells or it is just super hard to find that one in a thousand pheno. In that Jungle Boys in LA video they show some of their techniques but not all. There is one part where the guy says growing good looking plants is easy, but growing this quality is very hard. I've found that what he said is spot on.

Second I was thinking about it and I realized that for some reason there really hasn't been any inflation in the price of weed. That hundred dollar bag of weed in the 80's with inflation should be like 400 now lol. Gas rent and most other things have increased at least four fold but not weed. (except the shwag selling at some dispensaries that should be going for 10 and eighth but is instead going for 60) So maybe its the good growers that are getting screwed since cheap weed inflated but not the good weed? IDK. Some products go down even though others go up but that is for a reason. Economies of scale and cheaper labor found overseas are some reasons why, but I see no reason for weed to have not appreciated like oil and gold. Maybe that is part of the reason I'm thinking people are getting ripped? Because the value of our federal reserve notes is so much lower now, I guess people are actually paying way less now than we did back then! I guess that's a good thing for the consumer.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Two things.

First I think everyone would like to grow chronic weed but for some reason it is super hard. Like I was saying earlier in the thread there is either some secret technique that no one tells or it is just super hard to find that one in a thousand pheno. In that Jungle Boys in LA video they show some of their techniques but not all. There is one part where the guy says growing good looking plants is easy, but growing this quality is very hard. I've found that what he said is spot on.

Second I was thinking about it and I realized that for some reason there really hasn't been any inflation in the price of weed. That hundred dollar bag of weed in the 80's with inflation should be like 400 now lol. Gas rent and most other things have increased at least four fold but not weed. (except the shwag selling at some dispensaries that should be going for 10 and eighth but is instead going for 60) So maybe its the good growers that are getting screwed since cheap weed inflated but not the good weed? IDK. Some products go down even though others go up but that is for a reason. Economies of scale and cheaper labor found overseas are some reasons why, but I see no reason for weed to have not appreciated like oil and gold. Maybe that is part of the reason I'm thinking people are getting ripped? Because the value of our federal reserve notes is so much lower now, I guess people are actually paying way less now than we did back then! I guess that's a good thing for the consumer.

Maybe it's environment. I've noticed that when I get homies up here from Sac and smoke em out and they're blasted. Without bragging, I know my weed is good, but dang, what are they normally smokin? I did buy some weed from one Sac dispensary and I paid like $50 an 8th. It looked great, smelled great, supposedly had like 20%+ THC, and it didn't do sh*t for me. Don't usually have that problem with our local delivery services (well sometimes but it's still "good enough"). The illegal street weed we had when I lived down in Sac 15yrs ago was fire like what I grow. Why is the weed they grow so weak? I don't get it. I'd have figured your smoke to be fire too. That's crazy hearin it isn't. Your girls do look great.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
A04B69A9 6B88 42E0 8AB7 16A7524CA89B

Random pheno of AK47 grown from seed about 28 days into flowering. Out of 4 seeds I popped one was a hermie, one was male and two were very different phenos. AK#4 is this one. It’s the typical AK47 pheno. Smells like sandlewood.

Most folks who I smoke it with are floored with its punch you in the face potency. It wears off quickly but doesn’t make you crash. It’s a great all day type of smoke.

It works for me.

It might not be gorilla this or cookies that but it’s really good shit. And it’s won numerous cannabis cup awards. Maybe more than any other single strain. Simon from Serious Seeds did some remarkable work 20 years ago and imo it still holds up today.

And it’s easily obtainable and lots of crosses and hybrids out today came from it. In fact I pollinated a branch with cookies n cream pollen from a male I flowered out a few weeks ago.

No telling how the cross will turn out but it’ll be fun to see what I get. And that imo is what it’s all about. Maybe it’ll be the next killer strain, maybe not. But it’s a strain only I will hold. And that’s pretty exciting :-)

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I and many others remember a phenomenon in the early to mid 2000s on cbay. A group of breeders in a collective called Dutch Flowers emerged and their seeds were ultra limited. One or two packs of each strain were released. They were so hyped that routinely their packs would sell for 3-10k per pack of 10 seeds.

Did any elites come from those packs of seeds? Yes and no.

When the hype was there sure every pheno in every pack was considered elite and something to have and brag about. Folks would buy them, f2 them and resell them on cbay and folks would nab them up left and right.

So much so that a guy who went by the name “subcool” emerged from it and started his own company years later from the proceeds.

How do I know this? I photoshopped his cbay images in exchange for free f2 seeds so I could try them as they came out. I couldn’t afford the F1s but by doing some side work for him I was able to obtain several f2 versions of them.

That being said once the hype died down when cannabisworld, heavens stairway and cbay were shut down they were no longer sought after.

Strains like Chocolate Trip, Venomberry, Green Napalm have been used in crosses but nobody is out there looking for those cuts anymore.

And there ya have it. An elite is just something others want but can not afford or obtain because it’s not available.

Elites are tickle me Elmo or hatchimals at Christmas time. No better or worse than the next toy and yet folks will go to any length to get them.

This is prob one of the better posts I have seen on here. I also think that was more of timing from back then. As you said in your other post is access. Way more access from under the sun then it used to be. As i said in another post on here you used to have to build friendships to get access to genetics. You couldn't be some weird socially awkard fucktard that no one wanted to be friends with. If you were you better hope you had a friend that wasnt or no genetics for you. That really isnt true anymore with "charity" auctions, clubs and clone stores.

It's funny you talk about Dutch Flowers. When I was running Chocolate Trip for a couple of years I had more rando people come out of the wood work trying to grab that then anything I have ever seen. It was good but nothing I would have held onto and surprised I did for so long. Nothing I would have tried to go out of my way for. It was just the mystic hype that surrounded it I guess. Holds true for about 80% of the cuts from around that time. I was disappointed more then I was impressed. That hype was just marketing for the pounds they were trying to flip. You used to see it on Cbay. Hot new buzz. Seeds pop up on a limited auction for 1k plus.

It's funny how stuff comes full circle now tho. Those old elites like AE77 ect are actually being sought after again to bring something different to the kush and cookie crosses.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This is prob one of the better posts I have seen on here. I also think that was more of timing from back then. As you said in your other post is access. Way more access from under the sun then it used to be. As i said in another post on here you used to have to build friendships to get access to genetics. You couldn't be some weird socially awkard fucktard that no one wanted to be friends with. If you were you better hope you had a friend that wasnt or no genetics for you. That really isnt true anymore with "charity" auctions, clubs and clone stores.

It's funny you talk about Dutch Flowers. When I was running Chocolate Trip for a couple of years I had more rando people come out of the wood work trying to grab that then anything I have ever seen. It was good but nothing I would have held onto and surprised I did for so long. Nothing I would have tried to go out of my way for. It was just the mystic hype that surrounded it I guess. Holds true for about 80% of the cuts from around that time. I was disappointed more then I was impressed. That hype was just marketing for the pounds they were trying to flip. You used to see it on Cbay. Hot new buzz. Seeds pop up on a limited auction for 1k plus.

It's funny how stuff comes full circle now tho. Those old elites like AE77 ect are actually being sought after again to bring something different to the kush and cookie crosses.

Absolutely. As more growers tire of the same ole same ole they are seeking out original and landrace genetics to try out and breed with.

Hell I’ve been eyeing some Big Sur Holy Fuck Weed that I just read about because it’s from the 60s & 70s and people seem to rave about it. Same with 79 Xmas Bud.

These strains sound interesting because they have a history. It’s a way to try out or relive the good old days when most weed was either mexibrick or dried leaves. And no matter how good or bad they turn out it’ll still be interesting and fun and a trip to tell your kids and their friends when you’re all sitting around a campfire chiefing.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Maybe it's environment. I've noticed that when I get homies up here from Sac and smoke em out and they're blasted. Without bragging, I know my weed is good, but dang, what are they normally smokin? I did buy some weed from one Sac dispensary and I paid like $50 an 8th. It looked great, smelled great, supposedly had like 20%+ THC, and it didn't do sh*t for me. Don't usually have that problem with our local delivery services (well sometimes but it's still "good enough"). The illegal street weed we had when I lived down in Sac 15yrs ago was fire like what I grow. Why is the weed they grow so weak? I don't get it. I'd have figured your smoke to be fire too. That's crazy hearin it isn't. Your girls do look great.
My weed is great like I said in the opening post some say its the best around. I would'nt put it even in the top 100 I've smoked in my life though and that's what's depressing to me. I definitely seem to have a lot to learn about growing but it's not as easy as people make out. Maybe I'm just really unlucky or I'm doing something wrong. I want to grow some of the top 10 I've had in my life. The top few I can still remember and don't think I'll ever forget. One time my friend got some weed that was lime green with blood red hairs and smelled stronger than any weed I've ever encounterd before or since. In three bags it would still smell up the whole house and when you opened that bag lookout. Maybe that would be a bit much but something along those lines is what I want to grow. I smoked some Kush with an English guy once playing golf and I'll never forget how good that weed tasted. I remember some really great weed and that's what I want to grow otherwise I'm kinda wasting my time. Why grow anything less?

scubascrog

scubascrog

im half and half on buying fems right now because of limited space....

but I have had really good high thc content frosty weed because I spend money on good seeds. and i get kudos every day about it in person and over the internet.

yeah, I get different phenos each run but I like contrast if you ask me. honestly. if you make it easy and reliable to get my seeds, you got a sure bet customer. spending 150 on fem seeds per run in the box with leftover seeds for a rainy day isnt half bad. I do wish I had space to actually hunt phenos tho.

you wont see me on the mac hype train tho.
I'll pick up something from alien labs over a $250 10 pack of regs from cap. 150 for 12 fems is as high as i go. I consider it a necessary investment to guarantee dank.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

im half and half on buying fems right now because of limited space....

but I have had really good high thc content frosty weed because I spend money on good seeds. and i get kudos every day about it in person and over the internet.

yeah, I get different phenos each run but I like contrast if you ask me. honestly. if you make it easy and reliable to get my seeds, you got a sure bet customer. spending 150 on fem seeds per run in the box with leftover seeds for a rainy day isnt half bad. I do wish I had space to actually hunt phenos tho.

you wont see me on the mac hype train tho.
I'll pick up something from alien labs over a $250 10 pack of regs from cap. 150 for 12 fems is as high as i go. I consider it a necessary investment to guarantee dank.
Cap doesn't sell mac seeds. He's not the one putting that price up. Just to clarify for anyone who could be wrongfully judging a good person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom