The Best Weed!!!

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Anyone who pays anywhere near a g for a pack of seeds needs their head checked:D

the rrock

the rrock

Why delete it? Thats the kind of stuff that makes this forum what it is,two idiots fighting like 6yr olds,good PR for the mac strain since ive never heard about it. What has this cap guy have in common with OGBiowar,I use that stuff often.

scubascrog

scubascrog

Why delete it? Thats the kind of stuff that makes this forum what it is,two idiots fighting like 6yr olds,good PR for the mac strain since ive never heard about it. What has this cap guy have in common with OGBiowar,I use that stuff often.
lol I'm an idiot for arguing okay, tryna say all of his seeds dont get SOLD but okay. but cap owns ogbiowar.

F

FutureGrower

Because it's an adult forum. We all say silly things and lose our senses at times, it isnt fair 5 years from now for people to potentially be judged on what is here right now. Just my .02 :)

SinCity

SinCity

Don't get me wrong, the weed I grow is outstanding. Everyone who tries it likes it and some say it's the best around. The high and frostiness are always great. BUT!! I have smoked way better weed and if I am going to spend so much time at something I want to at least compare with the best. Call me a weed snob or whatever I guess it may be true. I've had people tell me it doesn't matter what genetics it is all how you grow it. I have also seen with my own eyes people give out clones from some best of the best weed to a bunch of noobs and the noobs grew bomb even outdoors. So I tend to lean to the nature side of the nature vs nurture arguement. I think there are some secrets to growing great weed, but I think the most important part is the genetics. I think you have to get very lucky to get true top shelf from seed, although I have seen it done. A buddy of mine (now deceased due to a motorcycle accident) used to grow every year during the summer in his back yard and always had weed. It was nice homegrown, but one year he came across the one. This weed was $100 per quarter ounce weed all day long. He didn't grow it any differently it was just great genetics he came across. I told him you should have kept a copy of that. All the clone only strains were found in similar ways I imagine but the people who found it understood that this was a rare plant and worthy of keeping. I read that finding a good apple tree from seed is almost impossible. It is something like 1 in a thousand seeds just to get something decent. All the Haas avocados are clones from the same single tree. Big Ag has already figured out the secrets. You have to grow certain things from clones period! I think weed is one of them and I hate that we all have to waste time trying to find a needle in a haystack. Clone only strains should be widely available. People who understand have paid thousands for clones. And many times I'm sure it was worth it!

Very much in agreement! Even the best growers are bound by the genetics.

Once you've tasted a top phenotype, there's no going back...

SinCity

SinCity

Good info, thanks for the reply! If someone said they were going to start an avocado or apple orchard and they were going to start from seed, anyone who knows the business would laugh them out of the room. I feel the same way about weed. The only reason you could even try that is because it's still considered illegal to most people and they are willing to settle for what they can get. This too needs to end. Eventually we will need suppliers who have actual lab verified cuts. Then the seed sellers will all but go out of business. Imagine trying to sell apple seeds right now. You will find some suckers, but you will not build a viable business.

Smart man. Quality will always win in the end. The wheat always separates from the chaff.

SinCity

SinCity

As long as you don’t mind having unregulated pesticides and fungicides in your clones then it’s not to much to ask for. 90%+ clones in any dispensary have powdery mildew.
Your in California, the easiest place to get clone only strains especially if you have a med card. Give them a try lol

you're being sarcastic right?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The patenting thing is an important debate. Even just registering with Phylos is a conversation I would love to have. Here's one problem: anybody can register any old phenotype and call it whatever the hell they want. Thoughts..?

I would think the patent office will require a whole lot of fully documented breeding and no similar genetics can already be registered. And I guess it would have to be quite unique.

SinCity

SinCity

Thanks guys, I can't wait to smoke some of that one. I wasn't all that impressed with the mom from that one, but this clone grew totally different inside so we'll see.

Yeah, you should have a much better chance of finding what you're looking for by buying from reuptable breeders. I'll probably try some thunderfuge next.

I don't have a med card, but you'd think that wouldn't matter since it's legal. I guess selling recreational clones hasn't become legit yet? I guess I should go see some old homies see if I can black market it.

That looks great! Is that one of your house strains? I got rid of my first keeper because I didn't like the way it grew outside this summer, but now looking at it indoor maybe I should have kept it lol. And I kept the one that did best outdoor but it is doing the worst indoor go figure. I don't think any of them are true keepers anyway, I just wanted to run the same plant a few different ways and see the differences. It's pretty weird how the same plant can come out so different. I still have much to learn. I want to grow cannabis cup worthy weed!

A doctor can write a medical Rx for as many plants as he or she is inclined to...so clone away (for donation only of course)!

SinCity

SinCity

I would think the patent office will require a whole lot of fully documented breeding and no similar genetics can already be registered. And I guess it would have to be quite unique.

Oh cool! Someone who knows patent law! That's one of the reasons I get so frustrated with people freaking out about Big Ag obliterating the weed world.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I don’t think Mother Nature should ever be patented. But that’s me. It’s not right when Monsanto does it and I hope a judge invalidates their existing patents at some point. The problem is the companies that have taken them to court thus far do not have the same kind of financial backing that they do. At some point they’ll band together and fight as one against the evil that is big business ag.

SinCity

SinCity

Not a big deal at all, I just see fem seed breeders popping up everywhere and they use the original for pictures and everyone go’s banana’s because they think they are getting the same as the original.
And getting clones from anywhere your risking your crop with peat that you probally can’t afford to control by the time you notice them.

I just don't understand this idea that you can't make clean clones...

Before I started growing outdoors, I never had a single pest or pathogen.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don’t think Mother Nature should ever be patented. But that’s me. It’s not right when Monsanto does it and I hope a judge invalidates their existing patents at some point. The problem is the companies that have taken them to court thus far do not have the same kind of financial backing that they do. At some point they’ll band together and fight as one against the evil that is big business ag.

No Mother Nature involved in what those scientists are creating. But genetic modification is going to be huge in all kinds of products at some point. You know they will keep on regulating. Regulations protect dollars.

SinCity

SinCity

My weed is great like I said in the opening post some say its the best around. I would'nt put it even in the top 100 I've smoked in my life though and that's what's depressing to me. I definitely seem to have a lot to learn about growing but it's not as easy as people make out. Maybe I'm just really unlucky or I'm doing something wrong. I want to grow some of the top 10 I've had in my life. The top few I can still remember and don't think I'll ever forget. One time my friend got some weed that was lime green with blood red hairs and smelled stronger than any weed I've ever encounterd before or since. In three bags it would still smell up the whole house and when you opened that bag lookout. Maybe that would be a bit much but something along those lines is what I want to grow. I smoked some Kush with an English guy once playing golf and I'll never forget how good that weed tasted. I remember some really great weed and that's what I want to grow otherwise I'm kinda wasting my time. Why grow anything less?

As some of my friends and I often joke:"I'm in the middle of Humboldt County and I have to grow my own weed?!?!"

Top Bottom