The Birth Of Indoor No Till Gardening

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Organikz

Organikz

This idea was invented by a few hippies in the PNW.

They were dumping amended soil into their outdoor gardens and noticed their soil was increasing fertility 10x over in the outdoor gardens. They started exchanging the soil back and forth. They decided they needed to figure out how to bring the life from outdoor soil that catalyzed this natural cycling of their soil indoors and also using teachings from Masanobu and understanding that disturbing the microbial life had a very negative effect...indoor no till gardening was born.

Even knowledge coot acquired at a French baking academy was attributed to increasing the rate at which we can deconstruct organic matter as well as utilizing naturally occurring enzymes to fertilize our plants and increase SAR.

This was not long ago...maybe 99 or 2000. Microbeman, Clackamas coot, gascanistan, spacem0ss, and bluejay began fine tuning the idea of using large containers indoors.

The definition of no till means no tillage. Utilizing the natural processes and exchanges between plants and the microbial life found within fertile soils. As it wasn't legal where it originated at the time or currently in many places this gives growers the chance to grow top shelf all organic cannabis with little to no effort.

If you look at agriculture today all they are doing is removing the natural element and implementing a synthetic form. They are essentially breaking something and putting it back together with duct tape.

Masanobu said men will break something and then celebrate the fact that they have fixed it but why did they feel the need to break it to begin with?

Last edited:
coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

are you saying after making a yard of soil I can use just 15 grams of it in the bottom of my pot?

K

kansabis

So I shouldn't be using 1gal containers then saving back used soil and reamending? I know its not no till but kinda similar organics.?

Organikz

Organikz

So I shouldn't be using 1gal containers then saving back used soil and reamending? I know its not no till but kinda similar organics.?
It would work. I assume you have to help them along. The more you allow roots to explore the more nutrient load can be delivered. Cannot fit but so much nutrients per square inch. Know what I mean?

K

kansabis

I gotcha,I figure if I use it for one run,4-6wk veg and 8-10wk flower then save used soil back each run until all original soil has been used and in the meantime reamending and rebuilding the used soil I should be alright,as for when I get to keeping mothers I may have to change it up a bit with top dressings and teas,etc.

Organikz

Organikz

@kansabis
You could pull it off but you might have to brew teas vs the monthly top dress. Foliar feeds of tea may be needed.

brazel

brazel

While organiks is correct, I'll add a little more.
You're recycling soil
I gotcha,I figure if I use it for one run,4-6wk veg and 8-10wk flower then save used soil back each run until all original soil has been used and in the meantime reamending and rebuilding the used soil I should be alright,as for when I get to keeping mothers I may have to change it up a bit with top dressings and teas,etc.
If you're using less than 10 gallons you won't be getting results you should be getting. And that's at the smallest container. Best to use big container 30+ and plant multiple plants.

Recycling soil is good but again you won't see the results you want. But I'd recommended that if you don't wanna do no till.

Soil is complex, lots of activity, life and work going on. You need volume. You wouldn't compost or have a worm farm in 1 gallon. although you can, you're missing the boat.

Disturbing the soil is like knocking down a house. All the life inside soil had to rebuild.

Once you get your soil dialed in, you just top dress with neem and kelp a couple times year. Same soil for over 20 cycles! Bluejay is on 22 cycles

K

kansabis

So from what I'm hearing I shouldn't be trying a Los in small containers because I will disturb the soil life after every cycle and be playing catchup to rebuild it. New question then-I'm running high plant numbers in small pots to pheno hunt for keepers,what should I be doing to stay as organic and natural as possible until these keepers are found?then I can work on my Los no till. I also have very limited space which is another reason for the small pots,I'm in 4 and 4.5sq ft tents for veg and flower.

K

kansabis

Also how many plants are you averaging per 15gal container?

K

kansabis

Yep seed and regular,looking for female keepers,maybe later some males for some chucking lol but for now just on the hunt,limited space and around 130 beans or so.

brazel

brazel

Yep seed and regular,looking for female keepers,maybe later some males for some chucking lol but for now just on the hunt,limited space and around 130 beans or so.
Biggest container you can use is 15g 18"x18?

Organikz

Organikz

Yep basically give each plant 20g. For instance a 40g container could hold 2 plants. Another thing to take into account is how large you plan on growing.

K

kansabis

Well I usually let em get around 3ft tall max,ill most likely try the no till in a 15gal once I find my keepers,in the meantime while I'm growing out and cloning these plants I would like to stay as organic as possible,should I just run some buildasoil premade mix or what would be best for the small pots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom