The Fat Leaf Breeding Project

• Thread starter lino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

This is a collection of Breeders coming together to facilitate our goalS in Breeding. I didnt start this project with so many directions so I will try tokeep my breeding goal focused on this FAT Leaf project. Way back in the day I grew in Northern Cali for a summer and I delivered some genetics to Ed Rosenthal's sativa Breeding Project. Ironically this is becoming the Indica version to the Ed Rosenthal sativa Breeding Project of Super Bud in that we have 17 breeders with a focus on a variety of genetics, many stains are Fat Leafs. However there are couple of crosses of sticky (Sativas x Indicas) coming also.

Transparency
Many of the breeders in this project partake in this site. Some do not interact here on the Farm site. And 4 of the breeders are not on the farm site. And some farmers will remain anonymous breeders.

At the core there will be 2 directives:
I will be breeding Fat Leaf Plants . Trying many combo's. Extreme documentation. With so many crosses / combo's there is likelihood that the male owner will have to grow/germ the F1 from the cross to Test the new Cross from his dad that was bred by another breeder possibly. More on this later.

I took on way more than I can handle in Life and this project will take lots of time to. I will have to figure out - delegate some of my duties for this summer. I'm over loaded with other projects also. That can cause mistakes.
Here is a twist that will push my luck and time. I'm not breeding a male in room of females. I will be pollinating branches with different males using proven pollen socks and my pollen applicators for pollen distribution. Extreme documentation. And those Breeders who are keeping males in a clone might have the next Bad Azz Dad, or the dad to the champion cross.

I will start posting photo's and the line up of some of the Breeders and Strains coming the The Fat Leaf Breeding Project, Im to busy at the moment.
Disclaimer- I'm so busy, plz excuse me IF my plants struggle. But I will do my best with this project.

lino

lino

The first run of 47 plants by several breeders produced 1 plant that looks good for smoking. @MandyJane hit the Best Plant so far. There are some ECD x Tahoe and FirePower x Tahoe finishing at 4 weeks. The ISS x Tahoe produced one of the better plants so far but it sisters had no stability and wide varieties of genotype/pheno . I watching a FirePower x Tahoe plant that is smelling strong of haze and it putting on some resin. I didnt expect a super strong Haze smell.
ECD and FirePower are cuts from a dispense. Now I'm worried about PM as the enter into later stage of Flowering cuz of those dam dispense clones.

@epitome will be joining the project for this round of breeding with some Stardawg genes from a Greenpoint breeding project and some Larry genes to name a few.

CaveMandica #1 is Dominating in the flower garden! CaveMandica #2 is Dominating the seedlings!

@MamaBear & @MandyJane dont know it but they're the purple Queens. They're running stellar Purples strains.
Ive been contacted by a anonymous academia working in a purple breeding project in Cali with some well known big name breeders. This could get interesting.

@BigBeeBud has the Katsu in a weak cut, I hope it roots!. He is a Master Grower so if anyone can save it he can. This is an important plant to this project. BBB will, and I think epitome Might be adding NYCD strains to the breeding project so that could make for a good cross.

If you find a plant in a PM infected crop that doesnt get PM plz let me breed the plant.

My males are turning colors but not sure what to think about these males yet. Pics coming...

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice I've been playing with fat leaf indicas for a while let me know if I can help in anyway I have been working my norcal catpiss line and an alien bubba line for some time now all fat leaf indicas with rank smells in actually picking up Chemdog D this weekend to further my goals

lino

lino

Nice I've been playing with fat leaf indicas for a while let me know if I can help in anyway I have been working my norcal catpiss line and an alien bubba line for some time now all fat leaf indicas with rank smells in actually picking up Chemdog D this weekend to further my goals
I will PM you soon. And plz stay tuned as I'm laying some timelines down and some etiquette for the new breeder and newer growers as to how to and expectation and banter, and on that note think at Least one of those subjects is your specialty. talk soon...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And the nccp coming out of your end via Seafour aint no friggn joke. Pretty stout smoke!!! Shit just slays me!!!

showmegreen

showmegreen

Im subbed! Pass tha potcorn ol'boy! Im workin w/ 14 beans outta my Poisonnanners ((Durb poisnXbannana K(via graftin) X sour bubbl) that survived tha raid. They just went into tha dirt after poppin. We'll see what pops up but they should carry wide frons from dad especially. PM me for particulars. Id be glad to help anyway i can.

lino

lino

Im almost done with a cpl other obligations and back to this thread and Breeding Project. , but as a community this is complex. A Big Prob arouse rite away with breeding. I'm working on over coming this obstacle now.

To be blunt, in coming post there will be the Itinerary and etiquette . Its not real hard , but just to help keep everybody on the same page.

Yes to all , but as a community I will go over things I got caught off guard with and most of you should not have this prob so I'll post more details by this wk end.

MANY WILL BE TAKING CUTS and Germ THIS AND NEXT WEEK . To be in time with the 1st Flower. I'll post detail VERY soon.

lino

lino

BIG PROBLEMs in the 1st run. I have to rethink this breeding project. ALL my breeders in Denver Metro, Utah, and Wyo got WIPED OUT! One in Alamosa and one in Arkansa Valley and one in New Mex and my Mexico breeders are still surviving. I'm seeing Strains of super PM and another very small super bug that is very hard to detect until its to late, he might be a cousin to Russet Mites. LMAO, Cavemandica plants are not phased by super bugs either. That is a plant of plants, and the person with the clones of her killed em while on vacation and she 3 wks into flower... :(
I helped in other breeding projects in the 80's and we did not have the pathogen problems like we have now.

I was in awe at how many offers I have had lately to buy my heirlooms on linolatte. Now I am convinced not to sell or trade anymore. Our cannabis gene pool is a sess pool. I went online and searched for 2 days now. There is no more breeding stock available. I ask myself, are us ol skool breeders like myself letting go of our breeding stock anymore?

All the new genes are not good in many ways. Anything GG, Diesel, Bubba, Grape, feminized, Chem, Kush, OG, Dawg, all the cultivars derived from these mutts are deemed genetically modified and not healthy for consumption either. When you have to use chemicals and or isolate a species from the world it has been genetically modified, modified to not survive in our world without chemicals, this is what I call potatoes blithe syndrome coming to closet near you.

I think @epitome said it well, breeding plants from multiple gardens is like a giant sex orgy in a whore house and if you're plant comes unprotected, you cant complain to us about what you get from our whore house. Ive lectured my students about banter upon each other on this topic. no need to throw stones.
So I got to plot what plants went to, and where the plants came from. Report: Scratching my head here. Garden A - B - C and D
A and B exchange plants.
D gives C plants.
C gets plants from A & B also.
D does not get any plants from any of our community breeders.
D gives a plant to A. In that order BTW.
---
A, B, and D gardens get wiped out.
D gets P.M. and swears its not from his garden.
(A ) gets a super bug, not the usual Russet Mite, but a close relative.
C stays organic kinda, no IPM, abuses his garden and he gets NO PATHOGENS!

It hit this morning while studying ALL the garden exchanges.
WHAT DO GARDEN A -B and D have in common? And Why did the C gardenS not get any pathogens?
A - B and D breeders brought in clones for DISPENSES! Fucking WHORES!

We're pisted but no names plz.

@BigBeeBud keep a close eye on those pueblo dispense clones. I know you got backup for the Katsu, but still be careful as I seeing disasters like we havent dealt with.

M

MamaBear

Good reason to never buy clones! I made it a personal rule long ago to stick with seeds.
Well damn! Looks like you got a big ol' mess to sort out. Let me know if you need help.

Anything GG, Diesel, Bubba, Grape, feminized, Chem, Kush, OG, Dawg, all the cultivars derived from these mutts are deemed genetically modified and not healthy for consumption either
That's a big blow to a lot of growers. Without getting into too much, can you tell us why they aren't healthy for consumption?

malamus

malamus

BIG PROBLEMs in the 1st run. I have to rethink this breeding project. ALL my breeders in Denver Metro, Utah, and Wyo got WIPED OUT! One in Alamosa and one in Arkansa Valley and one in New Mex and my Mexico breeders are still surviving. I'm seeing Strains of super PM and another very small super bug that is very hard to detect until its to late, he might be a cousin to Russet Mites. LMAO, Cavemandica plants are not phased by super bugs either. That is a plant of plants, and the person with the clones of her killed em while on vacation and she 3 wks into flower... :(
I helped in other breeding projects in the 80's and we did not have the pathogen problems like we have now.

I was in awe at how many offers I have had lately to buy my heirlooms on linolatte. Now I am convinced not to sell or trade anymore. Our cannabis gene pool is a sess pool. I went online and searched for 2 days now. There is no more breeding stock available. I ask myself, are us ol skool breeders like myself letting go of our breeding stock anymore?

All the new genes are not good in many ways. Anything GG, Diesel, Bubba, Grape, feminized, Chem, Kush, OG, Dawg, all the cultivars derived from these mutts are deemed genetically modified and not healthy for consumption either. When you have to use chemicals and or isolate a species from the world it has been genetically modified, modified to not survive in our world without chemicals, this is what I call potatoes blithe syndrome coming to closet near you.

I think @epitome said it well, breeding plants from multiple gardens is like a giant sex orgy in a whore house and if you're plant comes unprotected, you cant complain to us about what you get from our whore house. Ive lectured my students about banter upon each other on this topic. no need to throw stones.
So I got to plot what plants went to, and where the plants came from. Report: Scratching my head here. Garden A - B - C and D
A and B exchange plants.
D gives C plants.
---

WHAT DO GARDEN A -B and D have in common? And Why did the C gardenS not get any pathogens?

@BigBeeBud keep a close eye on those pueblo dispense clones. I know you got backup for the Katsu, but still be careful as I seeing disasters like we havent dealt with.
Just out of curiosity, have you taken a look at the Ace seeds lines? If you're going for fat leaf indica they have a pck x erdpurt, standard versions of both those P1s and early bubba hash that will help with outdoor resistance.

epitome

epitome

A and B exchange plants.
D gives C plants.
---

Well, a buddy of mine compared super bugs/supercides to bacteria and antibiotic....antibiotics kill everything including the prebiotic and probiotics, atleast that's what they say, just like they say finish the entire script, so what happens when we don't finish the script or the script doesn't finish off the detrimentals in our gut/blood hmm mmmmmmmm

This is off subject but not entirely especially if we are objective, for instance, I have heard veterano badasses swear up and down a seed can carry deteimental eggs/spores and or virus, with that being said, can a seed carry microbeasties or beneficial eggs or propagules atleast??? I'm convinced that it's possible, and if not, diagnosis by exclusion would be solved by quorum sensing....
So, long story short, cavemandicas got some epigenetic vigor from there northern light ancestry. ...Peace and muthafucking cavemandica grease

lino

lino

Okay < i'm back part time... 18 - 20 hrs a day of work was way too much, The breeding project will advance to the next step and Ill be reaching out to all you guys who have made offers.

Im running a new camera Canon G16. I'll post some pics tonight if they come out good.

BIG SHOUT OUT to @epitome . Lost my wallet and epitome came thru for me. He is trust worthy person.

The crop was infected but I was able to save a few plants. The sick ones came down last nite... Disinfecting this week.

My favorite Plant this year is the Cavemandica. She was not phased by bugs and abuse. Thus far This is the best genetics Ive been handed in Many years. Thanks again epitome... Cavemandica Smell of Razzles bubble Gum, unique to say the least... Mean Lime Green,,, Razzle Dazzle bubble gum,,, salivating just thinkN about her... Fat fucking fan leaves and she budding sativa,,,, NICE!

I hope i can create a multi log in;;;;
@epitom you will find a seed bank and log in for LinoLatte to add your strains. 1000's of crosses and strains coming at you soon as a thank you.... No seeds sold from LinoLatte.com, just a library, I'm not offended for those who dont add to the Library.

@MamaBear and @MandyJane I will have a - offer a log in for you guys as well, I'm not offended for those who dont add to the Library. M & M - you guys have full access to the library and I will have Purple Dom and Rec breeding seed stock to help your purple project along... More explaining at our meeting...

Katsu cut ROOTED ON 420 - Nice job @BigBeeBud , that is one of the rarest clone only . NICE! I'm passing on me genes to you also.... Im going to reCeate the Katsu in seed if it take 10 years then thats what I'll do.

iKharon

iKharon

Good shit Lino! Don't know how in the f*** I missed this originally.. I've actually been helping with a color hunt. Been messing with Purple Badlands, Black Domina, Krazy Kush (shout out to @highersolutions on PotM), Sweet Pink Grapefruit (coming soon), Moab, etc etc.. ending up with some kickass purples and blacks. Just gotta isolate the traits a bit. Subbed bro. Not too far Lino, hit me up or pm if needing anything.
Oh and as a side note: the Velvet Ghost OG has a fat ass leaf pheno.. as pictured, only 4 nodes and fat!

IMG 0315
Top Bottom