The Friesland Outdoor Project

• Thread starter HortiLab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HortiLab

HortiLab

Hello fellow Farmers,

at HortiLab we have not only been focusing our efforts on various indoor projects, but also on genetics which enable growers above the 49th parallel (northern europe/around the Canadian/US border) to finish their crops before the really bad weather usually hits.

We were lucky enough to recieve an oldschool outdoor seedline from the NL which dates back to the original M33 from the "Super Sativa Seed Club", back in the day also known as "Friesland Indica".

We found some really nice plants in there which are completly finished between september 1-25 and produce some really nice, sticky and potent northern outdoor buds with an unique piney smell.

In this thread we would like to provide a glimpse into this ongoing outdoor project...

The friesland outdoor project
The friesland outdoor project 2
The friesland outdoor project 3
D

Donk Frog

Friesland Indica- has been avalable here where I live everyyear, and it is some of the tastest outdoor I have ever come across,comes down in bulk yearly around end oct-early nov and can be had for $1800-2000LB.
I have a few random seeds of this stuff as well......

S

sweetcanadasmoke23

nice i run the freezeland from boreal genetics up in canada which is based on the same line and it is the dankest early bud you'll find, period!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I LOVE THE FRIESLAND!!

Sonic used to run her and she was dialed. Proper medication in them genes and SO old school.

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
whats the finish time for those beans on the east coast............usa

L

LionVibez

whats the finish time for those beans on the east coast............usa

Seems like it would finish around the same time...mid/late sept. I'm thinkin bout pickin up a pack when they are available for a run outdoors next year on the EC.

HortiLab

HortiLab

... and it is the dankest early bud you'll find, period!

Thats exactly what we think...real oldschool & definitly among the best for northern climate outdoor growers.

are these going to be ready for sale by next spring?

Unfortunatelly the "Freezland BX" seeds wont be ready next spring.
Expect them to drop sometime in winter 2010 together with some other super dank & early outdoor lines.

Rsz dsc03485
Rsz dsc03678
T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Be happy to test some this spring!!! LOL

Can't wait to get to run some of these. Have a hard time finding genetics to come off in time without it being pretty generic bud.. This was a good fall and we were good until the 15th of sept but i usually shoot for the 1st on finish times to be safe.

Keep up the work for all us northern folk sometime we get forgotten with all the cali hype!

S

sweetcanadasmoke23

what are you using to back cross hort?? the line i run was originally bx'ed to pluton. does your line throw all pink pistils outside??

HortiLab

HortiLab

Greetings~

Be happy to test some this spring!!! LOL

Can't wait to get to run some of these. Have a hard time finding genetics to come off in time without it being pretty generic bud.. This was a good fall and we were good until the 15th of sept but i usually shoot for the 1st on finish times to be safe.

Keep up the work for all us northern folk sometime we get forgotten with all the cali hype!

@thefabman: Maybe we can get some "work in progress" Friesland BX testers to you via logic...

what are you using to back cross hort?? the line i run was originally bx'ed to pluton. does your line throw all pink pistils outside??

@sweetcanadasmoke23: For the Friesland BX we initally made an outcross to the swiss "Erdbeer" line. Yes, pink pistils are a common trait outdoors.
The final release will be the 3rd BX to our local Friesland clone.

The story of the Erdbeer goes like this (posted by Knospe):

"the Erdbeer is an industrial strain bread to flower quickly be moldresistant and machine harvestable ( hance the literaly rock hard buds ). It is said to be bread as a school project at a swiss university to create the perfect swiss industrial ganja. Some seeds somehow got lost."
i first came across this strain in 1999, ever since it was always available as clone only,
i was very impressed about their perormance, tried to gather info from the guys who sold the clones. nobody could tell me anything precise about the lineage or breeder.
there remains 1 most stubborn rumor that a hempfreak living with many squatters in a big factorycomplex in zürich, made the original seeds. probably it was never his intention to sell seeds. the squat was shot down by the police. erdbeer was available at a few cloneproducers in the züricharea. erdbeer slowly spread troughout all switzerland beeing available at most hempshops, as clone & dried flower.

Rsz dsc03302
Rsz dsc03410
T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Hortilab that would be great if it works. Be happy to run a large selection for you for everyone to see..

S

sweetcanadasmoke23

nice! that second pic is classic freezeland, i'm drooling thinking about it! i really wish i would've grew more this past summer lol. is that second pic of your local clone? or from your line? looks spot on to me!! great job!

J

junior

Unfortunatelly the "Freezland BX" seeds wont be ready next spring.
Expect them to drop sometime in winter 2010 together with some other super dank & early outdoor lines.

Looking forward to pickin some up, any word on when they drop?

L

l0g1c4l

I love the friesland, I have a friesland x NYCD and its my favorite strain! I grew outdoor last year and I have it out this year, I'll post a pic here of it if you dont mind!

Top Bottom