The Future Of Cannabis In Florida...

• Thread starter Dankalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dankalicious

Dankalicious

I am curious to hear what people think about the future of Cannabis in Florida.

We all know there are plenty of seniors that live there who could benefit greatly from it.
There is also a very large tourism market for recreational.

If Nationwide legalization happens for both medical and recreational, how do you think the Florida market will operate?

Do you think the US will ever import cannabis oil from South American grown crops?
Do you think there will be climate controlled greenhouses and warehouses down there producing locally?
Do you think there will be a market for interstate trade? Like ordering cannabis oil produced in NorCal for retail in Miami?

Where will Florida's cannabis oil be produced, and how will it get to the shelves in Southbeach's local healthfood store/headshop/coffeeshop?

str8smokn

str8smokn

The same way the legal states do it! Us!
Of course as soon as it becomes legal every state will be growing and producing their own.
There shouldn't be a prim company right away. So every state will have their own citizens trying to operate facilities. No trading outside of the USA. But interstate trades should be open by that time, if full legalization.
Just my two cents.
STR8

S

Seed Buyer

Your neighbor to the north S. Carolina will be issuing hemp permits for CBD production some time this year. There legislature is also voting on a medical bill this January as well.

Dankalicious

Dankalicious

My concern is that big cannabis corporations will outsource South American farmers to produce what is sold here EVEN with every state operating greenhouse gardens. Reason being Overhead Cost & Public Demand. The same way we receive tons of fruit grown in South America no matter how many greenhouses are in the US.

Most American consumers are not looking for "Top Grade". They want something green that does the job and tastes good. That's the goal. It could be smashed in a brick but if it's green and tastes good they have no complaints. Why would corporations spend the cost to pay American workers to do the same job they can get for pennies through outsourcing? All they have to do is send a team down there to setup a huge greenhouse farm, grow the shit out of a commercial strain, brick it up, and send it back up here to be distributed through party stores and smoke shops.

I don't know much about overhead costs in South America, but I bet all the resources they need including land is a lot cheaper than it is in the US.

For a corporation with only money on the mind, it seems like they would have no reason NOT to set up shop. All you have to do is look at the stickers on your fruit and you'll see it's already happened.

D

DansBuds

As a Florida resident and an anticipating grower, I think it will be ran by Floridians for 5, maybe 10 years then soon enough the whole country will be monopolized. Just like Marlboro and Budweiser. Have to get it in for that short amount of time......

Top Bottom