The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Judaz

Judaz

Updates on the og genome project.

It appears that Josh D has sent his og kush sample to the lab and they are considering it as the base to test other og's to it.

As you can see on the map it centers all og's and all other clones related to it.

http://galaxy.phylosbioscience.com/variety/PGT-15221/joshd-farms/og-kush?source=website

https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/sample/genotype/eg5117zo

In case you guys don't know who Josh D is, he is the one who helped spread the original og kush clone that came from Florida here in LA back in the day.

testiclees

testiclees

4 7 og

Krypto

Krypto

Updates on the og genome project.

It appears that Josh D has sent his og kush sample to the lab and they are considering it as the base to test other og's to it.

As you can see on the map it centers all og's and all other clones related to it.

http://galaxy.phylosbioscience.com/variety/PGT-15221/joshd-farms/og-kush?source=website

https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/sample/genotype/eg5117zo

In case you guys don't know who Josh D is, he is the one who helped spread the original og kush clone that came from Florida here in LA back in the day.

What up Judaz. I was telling so many people about the Josh D. Got 2 packs on the way!!!
And I'm making beans beans beans! I ain't outcrossing it with a DAMN thing.!!! It's perfect ( just a feeling, no proof lol) I'm stoked. Cuz, I knew this strain was going to hit. It's the OG KUSH, the Kush, OGer, Krippy, Krypto! Original Genetics.

samseed

samseed

dave richards talks utter bollocks , and gegax has come on the show and sounds like a fucking moron , didnt have i clue about what dave was talking about , anyone that knows their history knows these dudes know fuck all about the begining of kush ,let alone creating it .... Your story telling Sucks ass .....peace

JMcG

JMcG

Cool thread. I always loved og.....
In 2011 I purchased OG Kush fem seeds from Reserva Privada and I still have one left. Can anyone tell me about this strain?
It has been my only experience with an OG, it was a bit finicky to grow and I hermed a couple , but what finished was pretty tasty!

Krypto

Krypto

dave richards talks utter bollocks , and gegax has come on the show and sounds like a fucking moron , didnt have i clue about what dave was talking about , anyone that knows their history knows these dudes know fuck all about the begining of kush ,let alone creating it .... Your story telling Sucks ass .....peace
The story about OGs lineage afghan/thai/hashplant ??? and the underground grow bunkers...is ANY of that true or just BS. Either way, it's interesting. Would make a great movie. However if he's taking credit and/or disinforming , NOT COOL. There's already WAAAAY too much BS concerning OG.

H

HFSAF

I am pleased to see so many people are obsessed with figuring out the genetics of are beloved og , and that I am not the only one so he'll bent on the truth. I have read and heard many of the same storys as the rest of you and there always seems to be flaws and or false claims in them all. I first smoked this herb in la around 2002, I knew somebody who paid 600 a oz for this and was happy to do so, very few people even had access to it then, she was a model for a very well known magazine out of la and was barely able to get a steady supply. It was then rumored cypress hill, cotton mouth kings and a few other celebrities I wont mention because of the lack of there openness about there cannabis consumntion were some of the only ones able to get it. The people who grew this weed were unknown to 90% who smoked it and they kept it under extrem lock and key. Less then 7 had it originally from what I was told and they confirmed it went to Vegas with Matt, it went to tahoe maybe as a cross and nobody agreed Oregon kid or ghost were ever given it, maybe they found a good bag seed somehow Idk. I Heard the story about cypress hill finding seeds but was told then they gave them back to the connect as there was strict instructions/threats to never pop a bean and try and claim it, this weed vanished and it was told it was gone for good due to one selfish person who would not share the pure cut. I have sense then seen many pheno types with the right look or smell, fewer with the right taste and none that exhibit all of them with the devastating potency that made you question if the weed was laced. The people I knew had bubba cuts and gave them out readily but not the og they could buy it but not get clones, sfv og was the first release to the public and sfv og kush was it crossed out to an Afghan, same people were growing the d cut and black at that time. The original la kush I smoked came in tuppawares labels AAA kush no og reference till after 2002 I saw. I have yet to see it in original form again and truly doubt I ever will , I had hope for the genome work that was being done but with no good base to compare it's hard to say and the info gets more corrupt as the days go by. In reality people weren't big on documenting there involvement with growing back then so Lil to no evidence actualy exists, I honestly believe it came from Belair but thats a whole diff story I just wish I could get that cut as do most of us, btw I have the bty, fire, Louie, true, and pure cuts and have also had several sfv cuts, f cut, face off just to name a few some are close but always at least one off

Last edited:
P

Pimples

The story about OGs lineage afghan/thai/hashplant ??? and the underground grow bunkers...is ANY of that true or just BS. Either way, it's interesting. Would make a great movie. However if he's taking credit and/or disinforming , NOT COOL. There's already WAAAAY too much BS concerning OG.
Who cares really in the end? ( I love the history rumor as well though). Its a fine cultivar. Still strong amongst growers and stoners after all these years. I say..lets refine it. It needs better yield and better structure without diminishing ANY of that fuelly kerosene lemon dank that we all love.

P

Pimples

Actually it's been a few months since that post. And I agree or temples. Who cares? I'm focusing more on high CBD strains and real skunks
I've heard about high cbd strains..but I knkw1 nothing about em. And with my patients..I dont see a need. But sure as shit there is one. Have you or any other caregiver out there smoked a high cbd strain? What's it like? I know its more for medical but non psycho active relief. But Iam still curious as to what the strains are like in effect and/or taste?

Krypto

Krypto

I've heard about high cbd strains..but I knkw1 nothing about em. And with my patients..I dont see a need. But sure as shit there is one. Have you or any other caregiver out there smoked a high cbd strain? What's it like? I know its more for medical but non psycho active relief. But Iam still curious as to what the strains are like in effect and/or taste?
Skunk Haze from cbdcrew is excellent. Skunky/pine/cedar. I'd say it's a 1:1 ratio, so it was hard to tell exactly how the cbd was working. We're finishing a Harle-Tsu test run. And the info we gave says 90 % willbe HIGH cbd ratios, 10:1, 15:1, maybe higher. I've read that the affect is" pharmaceutical "

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

What up Judaz. I was telling so many people about the Josh D. Got 2 packs on the way!!!
And I'm making beans beans beans! I ain't outcrossing it with a DAMN thing.!!! It's perfect ( just a feeling, no proof lol) I'm stoked. Cuz, I knew this strain was going to hit. It's the OG KUSH, the Kush, OGer, Krippy, Krypto! Original Genetics.
Where did you get those beans from? The Josh D.

SinCity

SinCity

I'm sorry but I just can't. This kid is actually claiming to have bred OG. I can not, will not, allow that kind of bullshit. Dude, that is just not ok. If you ACTUALLY think that about yourself, well, there just aren't enough adults around I guess. Do you really think your the first generation to breed pot strains? REALLY???

SinCity

SinCity

And it's ORIGINAL GANGSTA, which white kids in the city ripped off from early black rappers.

SinCity

SinCity

for high CBD, go straight to charlotte's web

Skunk Haze from cbdcrew is excellent. Skunky/pine/cedar. I'd say it's a 1:1 ratio, so it was hard to tell exactly how the cbd was working. We're finishing a Harle-Tsu test run. And the info we gave says 90 % willbe HIGH cbd ratios, 10:1, 15:1, maybe higher. I've read that the affect is" pharmaceutical "

SinCity

SinCity

View attachment 481537 This is a plant that was put on this Good Earth to bring forth a better day and a better tomorrow. Lets learn to get along and treat each other like brothers and sisters in the name of this good herb. Respect, honesty, and integrity. These are qualities i admire. I also admire the rich terpene profiles. Fact is many people enjoy OG in many different forms at this point. At the end of the day it comes down to what do you choose to medicate with. Is it an OG? It is for me a lot of the time. Are some "OG's" better than others? Of course. More important is how it was grown. I like OrGanic soil , from the Original Grower? Who is the Original Gangster? All I can tell you is I am going to keep on growing and breeding OG cultivars.

that's just about the best response to this strain lunacy i've ever heard. thank you.

cuz i'm not as level headed as you, when some kid at the end of this thread claims he bred OG, I do have to slap him down. right or wrong--that's what I;m gonna do.

Top Bottom