The Investigation Begins

• Thread starter FooDoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FooDoo

I'm now using 4ml calimagic, 3ml micro , 3ml grow, 9 ml bloom per gallon

Usually running half strength due to the room being too efficient

People always ask me what the key to success is... I tell them there's no one thing but the sum of all parts. Look how spotless this room is and its over two years old, has been flooded, molded, rotted, etc

IMG 20160103 223702259 HDR

IMG 20160103 223716958

I clean the $@%& out of it after every chop, top to bottom. Never have any mites, gnats, or bugs. You could sleep on this floor

T

tommyy

I honestly have no idea how its that clean, mines a mess. I did read the thread where you changed your nutrient profile but
the 1/1/2 is so simple and gave me good results so i decided to stick with it. Keep up the good work!

F

FooDoo

Yea. She hasn't let me down once. I actually got rid of the air stones and air pump. The girls are doing fine without it. The myth is we need a ton of air bubbles at each root mass but the truth of the matter is they cause way too much turbulence which damages the roots. Also I felt the air coming out of the pump and it's super hot so that air is also damaging the roots , heating the water, and depleteing the immediate dissolved oxygen in the root mass since warmer water holds less oxygen.
IMG 1111

I plan on modifying the system into a waterfall after this run finishes. Pheno hunting thru purple urkle x triangle kush.

Here's some cornbread after a run thru a dry trimmer

IMG 1110

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

People always ask me what the key to success is... I tell them there's no one thing but the sum of all parts. Look how spotless this room is and its over two years old, has been flooded, molded, rotted, etc

View attachment 560434

View attachment 560435

I clean the $@%& out of it after every chop, top to bottom. Never have any mites, gnats, or bugs. You could sleep on this floor
Stellar looking op man. Very nice indeed.!!! props

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I also have ditched my 1000's and gone with solistek 6's and like what I am seeing. Heat gain and enviro much easier to dial on a limited budget. Plants respond better in my opinion.
Hey fellers....curious what difference you're seeing in weight with 600's vs. the 1000's? My partner and I are in the planning stages and the 600 vs 1000 debate is currently underway. If you can still pull 2lbs off a 600 then we might lean in that direction.

F

FooDoo

If you have 12 foot ceilings I would, without a doubt, run 1000s. The quality tripled when using 600s over 1000s because I don't run aircooled lights and only have 6'11" of height to work with in the entire growroom. 1000s Caused lots of heat stress. Even the 600s cause a tiny bit of heat stress at my height. I actually plan to take down the tent after two more runs and build out a room and get a little more headroom with 8' ceilings

Btw my plan/goal is to def still pull two per light but that's a 1.5 gpw harvest and everything has to go perfectly.

So to summarize

If you have huge height, then 1000

If you are limited on height, 600.

If limited on height but all you need is weight with decent quality flowers, then 1000.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

If you have 12 foot ceilings I would, without a doubt, run 1000s. The quality tripled when using 600s over 1000s because I don't run aircooled lights and only have 6'11" of height to work with in the entire growroom. 1000s Caused lots of heat stress. Even the 600s cause a tiny bit of heat stress at my height. I actually plan to take down the tent after two more runs and build out a room and get a little more headroom with 8' ceilings

Btw my plan/goal is to def still pull two per light but that's a 1.5 gpw harvest and everything has to go perfectly.

So to summarize

If limited on height but all you need is weight with decent quality flowers, then 1000.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks man.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

So to summarize

And to add to what @FooDoo has stated watt for watt 600's are more efficient in the use of electricity than 1000's

Irietime

Irietime

View attachment 560434

View attachment 560435

Step into my secret laboratory. Clean clean clean. Super nice

Top Bottom