The Investigation Begins

• Thread starter FooDoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Great thread, great work.
I got some good vibes from the Nspecta's at the cup and I'm ashamed I've slept on these threads.
Peace

F

FooDoo

IMG 20150217 120534085 HDR

I'm throwing the cornbreads into some 3 gallon bubble buckets so they can get bigger.

Having to wait on running these girls is killing me. I've actually lost all interest in the gsc fcut I'm running and just want it to end so I can get back to pheno hunting in nspectas gear. Hopefully the next 5 weeks goes by quick and I can jump start this thread again

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Gotta love pheno hunting, I wish I had more room to set up like a 4x4 tent specifically for pheno hunting. My setup makes it really difficult to go through a very large number of beans at a time since my flower room only supports 10 plants now. But I'm sure as hell gonna pop that whole pack, maybe even two. Then I'm stuck with more then I can chew. LOVE this hobby haha

F

FooDoo

Well after a month of open roots in open water exposed to.light, algea took over. Had to hit the girls with h2o2 which destroyed the root mass. I quickly made 3 bubble buckets and took them off the table

IMG 20150302 141356116 HDR

These are my 3 TK leaning cornbreads. Ones my fav, the other looks like her but had way skinnier stems and the last shorty was off a mom that I forgot to.clone. she has the tk stretch and structure but her leaves look bubba influenced. I think she'll be a nice mix

4 weeks left until I clone these girls and start their run

F

FooDoo

My cornbread run is finally about to start. Will be taking cuts next week to throw into the undercurrent. Got brand new bulbs for this run too because the ones in the room right now are finishing up their third grow.

IMG 20150317 214212867 HDR

F

FooDoo

My cornbread run is finally about to start. Will be taking cuts next week to throw into the undercurrent. Got brand new bulbs for this run too because the ones in the room right now are finishing up their third grow.

View attachment 495826

I didn't run the middle girl because she's too short and here's a pic of a cut I gave to a buddy off the left girl.

IMG 20150422 010836246 HDR

IMG 20150422 011311577 HDR

She is super loud. Buddy is a newbie grower and this was in a home depot bubble bucket no water chiller , under a 250 HPS no co2 or temp/rh control .

F

FooDoo

Yer buddy looks like he handled that Cornbread @FooDoo :)

Its easy when you're the breeder . I told him to try organic soil next with a better light.

Ive never ,and prob will never get to smoke pure tk, so I'm not sure what she's leaning towards on smell, but it's fuel og funk with what i think is bubba type nug structure. That male of yours sure has really dominant traits.

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
I love the Bubba type nugs on the Sativa structured plants. What a lot of folks prolly don't know is the family & I have been growing these kinds of Indica/Sativa hybrids since the early 80's...the plants never had a "kush" name or were called Bubba or OG but they grew exactly like a good pheno of TK x Bubba and put on popcorn "kush" nugs...prolly why I love plants that put on the popcorn nuggets, never been too impressed with the big cola plants...give me the high grade nuglets any day over some big choad. Just my preference. :)

F

FooDoo

This is why I love you. I HATE seeing huge colas.

I had a deadhead cut I grew for 2 years in a room with no co2 and air cooled hoods. Made big colas and I was so sick of the strain that I was ready to throw her out. Then I built this sealed co2/ac/adjustawing tent and ran her one last time, colas were 1/5th the size and made rock hard nuggets and I fell in love all over again.

Same clone same feed went from these fat gigantic colas

DSC 0692

To these tiny dense nuggets

IMG 20141209 215908368 HDR

That's why experienced growers know a name means nothing. Same clone in one room makes completely different meds in someone's else's room. And they just rename the same exact cut because it looks different

F

FooDoo

These girls are growing fast! Def a learning experience as well because they've had purple stems the entire time which means I haven't been feeding them enough. They could get full strength in veg

IMG 20150426 103706943 HDR

Also my ultrasonic humidifier broke so humidity has been SUPER low. Contacted the seller and a new one is on its way to me

F

FooDoo

The pheno my buddy grew seems to be picky and have what I'm thinking is a K def but my other untested fav pheno is rockin

IMG 20150430 155801822

Last edited:
F

FooDoo

@Nspecta is the man! I think I'll be rocking only his genetics from this point forward. Personally, I'm not a fan of the bubba crosses, but don't get me wrong, they're straight top shelf heater but the bubba dad is super dominant and it shows in the structure of the plants. The tk pheno my buddy grew isn't bubba at all in structure and has these super super skinny stalks but my other tk pheno has tree trunks already lol. I'll get pictures for comparison shortly. Lights are off atm.

My buddy just fwd me these two packs tho which I will be momming out in organic soil to make life easier on myself.
IMG 20150501 095944184 HDR

Honestly, @Nspecta is one of the most generous and genuine dudes in the game right now. I'm only in my twenties and have barely smoked clone only genetics, and never grown any, and his work and passion gets me the opportunity to dip my toes into that whole world.

I'm super excited to get this cornbread run done and pop more of his work. I won't be trying anyone else's beans for awhile

Top Bottom