The Investigation Begins

• Thread starter FooDoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FooDoo

Here's the cornbread pheno that my buddy ran. Totally tk leaning in structure.

IMG 20150501 234014132 HDR

Here's the other cornbread pheno that hasn't been tested. Super bushy in comparison

IMG 20150501 234000732 HDR

Untested pheno side

IMG 20150501 234540930 HDR

F

FooDoo

Took a peek in. sleeping beauties. Lol

IMG 20150505 124729019

The left side is so much different than the right side. Right side is super bushy and the left is the tested super thin tk-ish side. Left also shows micro deficiency which I've narrowed down to zinc thru Google searches. The tips are yellowish on the top growth and new shoots come out very thin. I've bumped the food up to try and correct it. Full feeding of my slimmed down nutrient profile is around 750 tds but everyone is the UC forums preaches to start low at 150tdd and work my way up. This has proven to be wrong advice and I will never follow it again. During veg the plants all showed extremely purple stems and once I bumped TDs up they finally started to turn green. I haven't gone above 500 but am now at 660 and working my way to 750 to correct the micro def in the left side (right is suprinsgly not showing the same symptoms).

If anyone's reading this and grows under current, stay away from the UC sub forum and I promise you'll have better results if you disregard all the misinformation floating around in there.

As for the ghost og urkle cross, 3 seeds popped with first 24 hours in a shot glass soak, 5 more in 48 hours, and last 3 finally in 72 hours. They are all in organic soil but have yet to pop their heads out. I'm slightly worried that its taking so long but have faith that they'll come around.

F

FooDoo

So I used soil to sprout my ghost x urkle and decided @waayne 's mix of black gold and roots organic but unfortunately there were these tiny white little worms that ate and killed 5 of my sprouts. Only 6 remain :(

Guess its back to cubes for sprouting seeds. Such a shame

F

FooDoo

Here you can see the white worm. there's tons of them

IMG 20150507 111716

Just googled them and I guess they're fungus gnat larvae. next I'll be googling how to pretreat soil to kill them before I use it

Last edited:
F

FooDoo

Put your bag of soil in a pillow case. Then pour 3 gallons of boiling water through it. This has eliminated bringing in nasties in my soil for me.
Best of luck.

Thank you. I will be doing this from now on with all the soil. I'm so sad I had to learn the hard way and lose 5 of those ghost og crosses. I'm on my way to grab mosquito dunks to sprinkle over the soil.of the remaining 6 girls

Last edited:
F

FooDoo

IMG 20150507 114916883

On a happier note, I'm really really digging the left tested side of the room. Those girls are showing the structure and stretch I look for . the right side was my favorite during veg but in the co2 barebulb room they are way bushier. I've learned that now I'll run every seed and won't judge a book by its cover. Really never know what I got till I run it.

F

FooDoo

@Seamaiden looks like our girls suffered the same fate :(

What was that new product you just purchased?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Isn't that completely fucked? I hate them. Gnatrol WDG. I haven't been able to use it enough to eliminate the fungus gnats, but it's allowed my seeds to sprout.

F

FooDoo

Isn't that completely fucked? I hate them. Gnatrol WDG. I haven't been able to use it enough to eliminate the fungus gnats, but it's allowed my seeds to sprout.

One of the saddest things ever. Can't believe they just ate my girls like that.

Today is a much better day. Last night I soaked a mosquito dunk in a 5 gallon bucket.

IMG 20150508 094545910

Watered my 6 remaining beauties with it

IMG 20150508 094509557 HDR

No adult fliers on the yellow sticky trap I hung up yesterday either.

IMG 20150508 094447159 HDR

All soil will be pretreated with boiling water and I think *knock on wood* its back to smooth sailing.

Still sad I lost those 5 because there could have been some amazing fire hidden in them but I gotta keep truckin on. Plus I have a ton of genetics in storage to run thru

IMG 20150507 121746976 HDR

F

FooDoo

Not such a great update.

Left tested side is truckin

IMG 20150510 211722698 HDR

IMG 20150510 211707015 HDR

Right side herm'd out like crazy. Shame because I thought she would be the best. Throwing away the mom tonight after I spend a few hours plucking all the balls. Really hope she doesn't seed the entire room :(

IMG 20150510 212039139 HDR

Sorry @Nspecta , I seem to always get your bubbas to grow balls . luckily the left side doesn't have a single one anywhere and I think its because its so tk dominant. Another reason why I've mentioned a few times I'm not a bubba fan or a bubba cross fan.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mist, mist, mist those other ladies!! As soon as you find the nutsicles, be ready to spritz the girls down to prevent pollination.

I've never had a BK hermie on me. Chem lines, yes, but not BK. Too bad, they're looking awfully beautiful.

F

FooDoo

Mist, mist, mist those other ladies!! As soon as you find the nutsicles, be ready to spritz the girls down to prevent pollination.

I've never had a BK hermie on me. Chem lines, yes, but not BK. Too bad, they're looking awfully beautiful.

Spray them with just plain water? I was in there yesterday for an hour picking balls off but def didn't get them all. Will go back in tonight once the lights come back on.

I really want to prevent my girls from being seeded so I'll do/try anything

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, plain old water, but a sticker spreader (a few drops of liquid dish soap works well) will help you here. Plain old water, as taught to me by Dman.

F

FooDoo

Yes, plain old water, but a sticker spreader (a few drops of liquid dish soap works well) will help you here. Plain old water, as taught to me by Dman.

I'm going to go buy a spray bottle right now, don't think I have a clean one laying around. So just plain tap water and possibly a few drops of dish soap. How many times should I spritz them down? I'm just starting week 3 bloom tomorrow .

I'd love to say that the herm issue is my fault because they say its stress induced by the grower, however when I grew the bubba s1, half my room was deadhead og and it didn't grow any sacks and the other half was bubba that did. Now half the room is one pheno of cornbread and doesn't show a single sack and the other half is a separate pheno of corn bread that does.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'd do it daily for a week, or for as long as you find the balls. I would also spritz down any surfaces pollen can land on and then be disturbed so it's airborne again. In fact, high humidity can, in my limited experience, prevent pollination. I no longer make any attempts on foggy mornings, for example, because they've never taken.

I know that we have growers here who purposely stress out plants.

Werunwild69

Werunwild69

This is why I love you. I HATE seeing huge colas.

I had a deadhead cut I grew for 2 years in a room with no co2 and air cooled hoods. Made big colas and I was so sick of the strain that I was ready to throw her out. Then I built this sealed co2/ac/adjustawing tent and ran her one last time, colas were 1/5th the size and made rock hard nuggets and I fell in love all over again.

Same clone same feed went from these fat gigantic colas

View attachment 504808

To these tiny dense nuggets

View attachment 504809

That's why experienced growers know a name means nothing. Same clone in one room makes completely different meds in someone's else's room. And they just rename the same exact cut because it looks different
I've never, not once had the same clone look alike in my room as compared to someone else's.

Top Bottom