The ODD Room: Multi-Strain Grow

• Thread starter OctoberDee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Just started a new room which I dubbed the Doctor's Office because it's so frickin' white in there and had a sterile smell to it until I packed it full of ladies. I've been playing with New Blue Diesel from Sannie and some bag seed OG Kush which is from an SFV cut. I also have some crosses I made by accident from those and some new stuff I decided to just bust. I have some Lemon Alien Dawg, Roarge, Grand Daddy Purple, a Bogglegum plant and some other bagseed Mommies. There's probably some I forgot to mention but I'm sure if you peep in every now and again there'll be some surprises. I'm currently using 1400w via a 1000w HPS in a cooltube and a 400w MH which I just pulled from my old Window Grow, using Empire soil in varied size buckets with ACT to supplement every week. Like the Jeffersons, we're moving on up......

My grow partner (she's CA 215 too)
The odd room multi strain grow

The little damaged babies with some new starts (this was like 3 months ago)
The odd room multi strain grow 2
The odd room multi strain grow 2
The odd room multi strain grow 3

This is another Parvati IBL I grew out... she's gonna be my keeper..it took years to find one like her
The odd room multi strain grow 4

Here's a Grand Daddy Purple S1 from Connoisseur Seeds with some CannaVenture Mothers Mix babies with her
The odd room multi strain grow 6

Here's a little fast forward (mostly Lemon Alien Dawgs)
The odd room multi strain grow 7

Some outside shots
The odd room multi strain grow 8

The odd room multi strain grow 9

The empty room being readied for my garden

The odd room multi strain grow 10

Another Fast Forward... Plants in room
The odd room multi strain grow 11

Another Fast Forward with some non yellow lighting
The odd room multi strain grow 13
The odd room multi strain grow 14

I have about 30 in all... getting another room ready so I can use this one for flowering and the other for veg. I gotta cull about three males and get some of these monsters budded up. Should be interesting

The odd room multi strain grow 5
The odd room multi strain grow 12
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Hey MW, I've been busy trying to get this room together for a minute and glad to see it come around. Thanks for checking me out!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I've been busy keeping whiteflies out of my room. Little bastards are hard to totally rid of but I seemed to knock them out. They were stressing some of my plants but they seem to be bouncing back well after compost tea feeding once a week for a couple weeks straight.
Here's my compost tea brew, pretty basic
IMG 4067

I removed, cloned, measured and cleaned up all the ladies in my room put the boys out... it's flower time
Clones in progress
IMG 4256

Can you believe this stunted damaged Blueberry
IMG 3881

Grew out into this
BB

An Alien Rock Candy after getting cloned
ARC 2 praise

Here is a hybrid SFV OG crossed with the same seed stock the above blueberry came from...
Blue SFV

Here's an (SFV OG Kush x Blueberry)m x Sannies New Blue Diesel f (accidental cross)
OD Bk x NBD

I cracked all 6 CannaVenture Mother's Mix (round 1) freebies. I got two females and four males. Here's one amazing female pheno
Mothers Mix pheno

Here's a wide leaf pheno of Lemon Alien Dawg
LAD 2 2

This is her sister a thinner leaf pheno
LAD lean leaf pheno

I've also got an LSD/ LV Purple Kush cross made from females under stress. I'm not totally sure if this one is all LSD or all PK or half and half... I guess I'll find out
LSDPK

I put my ladies into flower recently so I'll get some pics of flowers coming soon..

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

It's the end of week 3 and things are going good aside from my breaker tripping. I had to add a 750watt HPS to my room so now I've got 1750watts burning. As the weather heats up so does my room so I had to turn on a small a/c which is keeping things cool enough but was also a reason the breaker wasn't holding up. I mickey'd the power situation and am now back in business. I've been feeding with ACT every week. I got CAPS foliar and I basically use the Alien feeding regime minus the Botanicare, my plants don't seem to need it. I also substitute the soil, AOO kelp and Hi Brix for some less expensive kelp and regular blackstrap un-sulphured molasses. I use great white but I also have xtreme gardening mykos and azos plus some lactobacillus I found that has a completely different purpose other than gardening. It's a white powder that turns blue in water. I was hesitant to use it but it works. I also add some alfalfa to my worm castings then brew for 48 hours. I add PS Sea Green before feeding, I usually bubble it in for a few minutes then proceed to water my plants. I also have 45 clones which are rooting and looking great. I feed them ACT minus all the extra, just worm castings, alfalfa meal, Liquid kelp, molasses, and sea green. I ordered some humic made from catfish crap which is different. I got 5 pounds for $13 so I'm gonna add that to my brew when I get it this week. Here are some pics:
Clones

Halfroomshot

The Wide Leaf Pheno of Lemon Alien Dawg
LAD1 WL1

New Blue Diesel turning purple. This strain is tasty and very fuel/ skunk smelling when done, this one smells kinda fruity
NBD3 purp1

I'm calling this Purple LSD for now but this is a possible LSD Purple Kush cross looking like Kush to me
Purple LSD

This is Sinaloan Cotton from the Northern Sinaloa Coast
Sinaloa

Here is one of the CannaVenture Mothers Mix plants. The two females I have are looking great and I have 3 males. I'm gonna make some f2s with an "open-pollination". I'll collect all three males pollen and spread it amongst the 2 females.
Mothers Mix fem

The rOarGe is very lanky and stretchy but still under 4 feet. I have a female here and under her is her brother outside being kept for pollen. I left that male in my room not knowing it was a male. The pre-flowers were quite female looking, talk about evolving. Tricky little guy was in there until a week ago when I saw his stretched out nuts rising above the smaller females around him.
ROarge3

ROarGe male

I'll try to get some more pics posted soon

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Od,can you tell me more about that parvati?
Hey FW, thanks for peeking in. I got that from a friend of mine who travelled out to India a lot, particularly the Parvati region. I gave him $60 to get me some hash when he went out there about 6 years ago. Instead, he hid about an ounce of the crappiest seediest weed I ever seen in a tea tin. I was less than happy and although the weed was super crappy I grew out some of the beans. I have like 200 or so beans left and I've given away quite a few. She's a slow veg stretchy lady with a very mellow and up high. It stretches crazy after 12/12 and takes like 10 to 11 weeks. My little green two footer shot up to 6 feet. Nice little airy nugs with a nag champa taste. Doesn't surprise me that the smuggled weed was crap. Apparently it grows wild everywhere and dudes just cut it and let it dry in the sun. Usually they use it to make hash but my buddy said he used up my money traveling and couldn't afford hash so he got an ounce for like $2.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Went through to find some pics but I don't have too many recent ones on my computer but just to show you how tall she is, that's her on the left (all the other plants below her are about 3 feet to 4 feet) at 3 weeks
Roompr

Here is her bud development at 3 weeks, not very developed until about week 7
Parvati 3 weeks

DYNAMIX

DYNAMIX

atb with the rest of your grow matey you sure turned them around!
ill be lurkin as alwayz nuff respect.......

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

The parvati reminds me of some of the old sativa bagseed grows when i was a kid,props for keeping her around,its rare to find many strains that havent been bastardized to death.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Hey FW I hear you loud and clear on the preservation of old strains. I wish I had seeds from my younger daze. I kept quite a few but through my travels they have been lost, given away, or ruined. So on to what's crackin now...:cigar:
Whiteflies are bitches. I sprayed those bastards good and got rid of them but I guess I missed a plant in the back and saw one today on her. I'm not worried cause I been using the Caps bennies Foliar BIO WARfare against those f*cks. That stuff works quite well but I'm worried cause it's coming up on the end of four weeks and I soon won't be so likely to wanna spray but I guess it's important to not freak out cause the fungus takes a minute to do it's thing... plus it doesn't look like there's a problem. I'll just keep an eye outo_O
:snaphappy::woot:
I hear the Mothership responding as I phone home!:blackalien: This is my fave Lemon Alien Dawgy.. Smells like lemon merangue. I guess it's Lemon Kush dominant but I haven't a true clue cause "I never grew no shit like this before man"(in my lamest Cheech impression) Sayin tho this is gonna be my keeper
1 LAD 3 weeks

2 LAD

This is another shot of the Blue Diesel purpling up. My buddy said "Don't you have to get them really cold to do that?" NO!:wideyed:
3 NBD

And the Grand Daddy Purple.. I didn't notice the under side of the fan leaves are turning purp until just now, yay! I don't like green daddy whatevers:meh: ...something about the purple makes a proper bouquet:smug: , right now she smells like sweet flowers almost a rose smell. This is Connoisseur Seeds S1 doing her thing.
4 gdp closeup

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Whoa I hadn't realized it's almost been a month since I last updated but, really, what could be happening?
I started adding this humic source called FishNure to my ACT, I have cut back feeding any of my flowering plants but I have about 53 clones and another 16 seedlings so I still brew but now only using fishnure (like a tablespoon per 5 gallon bucket) liquid kelp and molasses. I add some mykos, azos, and finish with some Primordial Sea Green, that's it. I took some serious pics this time to get better viewing of my decent looking nugs, but only a few:photogenic:

Getting ready for the next round.
Clones

This is a bag seed plant which is looking pretty unique so I thought I'd take some snaps. The only record I made is "7th Skunk" and the year 2005 on the bag with the seeds. Feel free to guess what it might be but it smells like purple rotten fruit. Needs like 2 more weeks...
Bagseed 7

Bagseed 72
Bagseed723

Here is what is now confirmed to be BOG LSD (at day 49)done in a day or two.
LSD 50 days

LSD nug50
LSD nug502

I'll be taking more as I get further into chopping which is coming up within the next couple of weeks. I'll start tomorrow or the day after chopping the LSD, then on to some of the Lemon Alien Dawgs in about 5 or 6 days. :hungry:

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I've cut the LSD, at day 56 I believe, and also chopped two Vics High clones I made, 2 Grand Daddys which turned purple, and and accidental Blueberry and Kush cross. The accidental cross is unbelievable, it smells like fruity kush and looks really nice. I had some heat issues which started killing off some leaves so there wasn't much trim. I gotta work out the heat cause summer will be a real killer.

Chopped LSD
LSD Chopped

LSDchopclose

Alien Rock Candy (I think), I didn't have an exact reference so I'm making a guess.
Arc

This is Lemon Alien Dawg ready to be picked
LADready

Here's one of my 2 CannaVenture Mother's Mix Fems, almost done
She's smelling kinda like Bubba Kush now from a stinky trashy floral smell about 2 weeks ago .. still no real idea what she is but she's a keeper
MM2ready

Parvati not even close to finished at 8 weeks
Parvati 8weeks

Parvaticlose8wks

I have three New Blue Diesel phenos growing separate from a clone Mother I'm keeping that flowers earlier than the new 3 I'm now finishing but this a new favorite... all purple, still has a few days or so to go
Purplenbd

:);):snaphappy:

Drying
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I thought this thread was dead!?!? Is what you'd be saying if I had not updated today.
I have clipped all my plants finally and and back into a new round. I've decided to keep and clone the following (I made up names for some phenos so I can identify with my ladies):
Alien Rock Candy- #2, 3, and 4 phenos
#2 is very greasy and smells of orange, strong and yields well.
ARC2
#3 Smells like kush and is purpled, resembles LVPK
#4 is also a good yielder with the same citrus tone as #2 but with higher yield and slightly longer flower time

New Blue Diesel- #2 and original NBD clone I call Apt.16 clone.
#2 is very blueberry looking and smells like berries early in flower but has a strong onion/garlic tone when cured, long flower time at 70+ days, strong head and body high, very stoney
NBDbb1
Apt. 16 is a faster flowering pheno and can range from small purple vicks smelling nugs to a very sour diesel smelling green spear with a soaring high, versatile, flowers in >65 days.

Lemon Alien Dawg-#2 and 5 phenos
#2 is a Lemon Kush leaner and smells of lemon pinesol when flowering and finishes to a lemon kush smell and taste, flowered in 65 days.
#5 has a very dominant cola looks like what's referred to as polyploid, very lemon meringue smell during flower finished to a very chem dawg flavor with a lemon tone, was done at 65 days

LSD- I call it the October 3 pheno
Oct. 3 sprouted, guess when, October 3 and vegged quite slow but swells up in flower, not a large bush, under 3 feet and done at about 56 days (to my liking anyway) could be picked sooner or later. The bud was very tight and had little smell in flower but cured had a kush smell with a slight grape under tone. Tastes kinda like strawberry bubblegum when smoked but is also pretty potent. I love this strain.

Mothers Mix- #2 pheno
I have a #3 pheno as well but decided to keep only #2. She smells and tastes like Bubba looks like bubba crossed with sour diesel but is very bubba dominant in every other way, except yield. She stretched quite large and produced a decent amount. I'll def be able to train her to yield more in the rounds to come. Best part is the flowering time. She was done around 60 days which is shorter than both bubba and ECSD. It's a mystery as was the rest of the Mothers Mix batches so I won't ever really know what else it is besides Pre 98 Bubba dom.
MM2

ATM-Money Machine pheno
The Money Machine pheno is aptly named as is ATM. I don't know exactly who bred these, as they were purchased through an IC mag auction. It's supposed to be Pacific Northwest Big bud crossed with an Afghani IBL. It's not super potent but I admittedly did a poor job on her, she yielded a great amount after 75 days of some very dark green and purple nugs that taste and smell fantastic. I'm gonna LST her and treat her better the next round and see what she does.

Grand Daddy Purple- #1
#1 pheno was classic GDP flavor and smell. Potent enough and a little tree like bush that yielded decent nugs. Again, I know I can do better and I love GDP so it's going another round. I had a #2 but the clones did not take and died before I could cut more.

SVF OG- Flesh
Flesh is a great pheno as far as yield and quality. She's a larger kush plant. The last one grew about 4 ft and the yield was great. Its a super long flowering plant but worth it. Lemon and Pine flavor with a strong buzz. You already know what it is..

Blueberry variety (male)x SFV OG variety (Flesh pheno; female) I call it October Dream
This is a great accidental cross. I'm keeping a couple more sister seeds but this plant came from a cross of the above mentioned SFV OG and a blueberry variety I had a bunch of bag seeds of. This stuff smells and tastes very similar to Blue Dream but with a heavier OG influence. The high is soaring and stoney as it creeps very strong and tasty. I got super lucky with this one. I have a male to make more seeds with since I originally only had 4 and 3 have been grown. Finished pretty quick at 60 days.
ODD

Apt 16 Pheno (female) x Above mentioned October Dream (male) I was thinking of calling it OctoberWreck
This is a super potent accidental cross of the accidental BB x SFV OG (above mentioned) and my New Blue Diesel Apt. 16 clone. I had 3 of these and sprouted just one. Damn, lucky twice, I popped a keeper out the gate. It's lanky and smells like blueberry Trainwreck, thus why I was thinking of calling it OctoberWreck. It's high is also very similar to TW, flowers in about 65 days. Easy as hell to grow and very nice finished product. To Be Continued.....
NBDxOG

rOarGe- Cement Stick pheno (#3)
Those who know can relate. I called this one the cement on a stick pheno cause when I plucked her she was super heavy, so much so I thought it was stuck on something when I pulled on the plant after cutting it only to realize the nugs were very heavy (plus Baba coined that, Baba and Golden Lion), jury is out on her final weight cause she's drying as we speak. Don't ask why but she took about 14 weeks and probably could go longer. That could be my fault as I ended up with a major heat issue. Smells amazing, like OG but with a twist. More details to come on this one.

I got rid of 2 New Blue Diesel phenos, the Sinaloan, the parvati, the one I called 7th skunk, Lemon Alien #1 (that was an accident), Mothers Mix #3, and probably some others I might have forgotten. These were cloned and are currently being flowered out to not be continued. I also sprouted some UBC Chemo (wide and traditional, per Meduser), some BOG Sour Bubble (another personal fave), Divine Chemical Romance, Cabin Fever Blue Chemdog #4, and White Label DoubleGum. These were just some random seeds I pulled out to grow. We'll see how they turn out. Thanks for reading if you got this far!!!:watching:

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

A couple more pics of my second round in the same room, it's pretty dirty in there. I didn't really clean it out from the last round I just took the cuts I wanted to not continue and flower them out. I'm sexing the new strains and making clones of the keepers.
IMG 4634
IMG 4635IMG 4636

Latest posts

Top Bottom