The Single Seed Company, Free Seed Oops!

• Thread starter Sinner D
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sinner D

Sinner D

Recently I made my very first purchase with a seed company. I did my research like I would think most do. Checked all the seed companies in my copy of Jorge Cervantes Medical Marijuana Grow Bible and found a few promising companies. But most wanted quite a bit for even regular seeds (non feminized or non automatic). Maybe $10.00 per seed isn't a lot to some of you out there, but to my poor a$$, it's quite a bit! So, I just did what I've done since I started cultivating for my Wife and growing her medicine; I kept searching the internet. I came across TSSC and found a lot about them that I really liked. First, the presentation of each strain, it's pro's and con's, and all the important information necessary to consider when working with each strain. I liked em and soon found myself considering them on a weekly basis as I waited for my first few grows using bag seeds to finish out.
Now, the only company that I found really close in price to the great competitive pricing available through TSSC was Nirvana. There is literally only a dollar or less difference between the pricing on each of these sites and they both ended up being my last two to choose from when I was ready to place an order. Like I said, I'm not a wealthy man. I live on a street with abandoned houses, in a part of town people call me crazy for living in. But, with that being said, living in the wilds of the ghetto has it's advantages as well as it's disadvantages. That's a story for another post though, and without getting too far off track here, I must say that after my "research", along with certain drawbacks associated with using bag seed, I settled on spending just under $70.00 on a half-dozen feminized seeds from TSSC.
I really liked the idea from the start that I could buy just one feminized seed of each strain I liked, and cross my fingers that they popped, rather than weeding out the males. I'm just not ready or set up to deal with breeding my own plants for seeds. Lack of space and limited resources (as in not wanting to spend the extra money on soil and nutes for plants that I won't keep) just steered me in the direction of feminized seeds, and being a new grower, variety steered me to taking chances on single seeds. So I placed my order on the 9th and waited, excited that I had not only the six seeds that I purchased on the way, but a couple free feminized seeds along with em! That's right, it's the Single Seed Centre motto! "Free seeds with every order!"
Well, I got my order in the mail a little more than a week later (8 days), and to my surprise, no free seeds! I was stunned! Then I thought to myself, "Eh, what can you expect. It's not like I ordered $100.00 worth of product or something". So I thought about it for a few hours after I got home from work and it chewed at me. I mean, this company sells their inventory on this famed motto and what did I have to show for going for it!? Nothing extra, no bonus, not even an explanation. I proceeded to their web site where I caught a glimpse of something I had overlooked in my exuberance during the process of choosing a company, and then choosing some seeds. "While supplies last" I knew right there they had me. Sure I could write em a bad review, or bad mouth em to my fellow farmers, but that wouldn't get me my free seeds. So I wrote a rather neutral review, yet truthful, basically stating that they were my first choice and I was mildly disappointed in this "mistake", as I wasn't entirely sure that they had not sent them due to a shortage. Then I wrote the company. Just a short e-mail describing that I was not really happy with not receiving what they had offered (not promised), and that I had intended to be a long term customer and I didn't want them or myself to miss out on the chance to make things right. I politely but assertively expressed that I thought they should do what's right and send me my free feminized seeds, no matter what the cost. Also telling them this was in fact a major reason why I went with purchasing through their company for my 'collection'. One day later, still no word back. But the next day I received a very satisfying e-mail.

Hi SinnerD,

We're very sorry to hear that you did not receive the free seeds with this order. This happens from time to time if the script on our site has a little hiccup and does not add them at checkout. We will of course make sure you receive the free seeds that should have been with this order, and we'll throw in a few extras from past promotions by way of an apology for this mix up. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,

The Single Seed Centre
Of course, I'm still waiting for these seeds to come in the mail, but I have little doubt that they will arrive. I've already received the tracking # for them. I would like to say that as long as these seeds show up, TSSC is going to have a loyal customer for sometime to come!
On another note; Of the six seeds I originally ordered from TSSC, I've planted three already and all three popped up above the soil in less than 48 to 60 hours! Now of the three that I purchased, two are from the Nirvana Seed Co., One from Dutch Passion Seed Co. (which is not a company that will serve the U.S., but one that I had heard many good things about). So in closing, I would like to say that free is what it is. If I happen to get some great strains for my 'collection' now, maybe even a couple that I may not have chose for myself from the start, It's better than nothing (free) at all!!!
If anybody else has a Seed Company they would like so share some good info on past purchases and enlighten us all with a post of your favorite company and/or a great freebie you've received, please DO! I'm still open to the idea of the best seed company out there. Thanks for reading all this!
Sinner D

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

All the companies on this site.

And most of the companies in the grow bible are out of business or have become crooks. Stay w the times man, those seed companies were from the 90s haha. 20 years ago!!

And just saying, but if 10$ for potential strains is too much for you, maybe you should reconsider. Nutrients, REAL LIGHTS, ac, time,

10% does not even scratch a fragment of what you will out into it, given that its not a one run and done duder.

Best of luck!

Sinner D

Sinner D

All the companies on this site.

And most of the companies in the grow bible are out of business or have become crooks. Stay w the times man, those seed companies were from the 90s haha. 20 years ago!!

And just saying, but if 10$ for potential strains is too much for you, maybe you should reconsider. Nutrients, REAL LIGHTS, ac, time,

10% does not even scratch a fragment of what you will out into it, given that its not a one run and done duder.

Best of luck!

Those are some real true points you have there. And yes, It didn't take but about ten tries of companies out of the Grow Bible until I figured out that most of these companies were gone or relocated to different site names.

As far as $10.00 per seed, well, for just getting started it was a hard pill to swallow. I mean, really were talking about seeds here! But I also can understand what you're saying about Real Lights, Nutrients, and proper growing structure. We can only get what we can get if the environment you grow in isn't as close to the outdoors as possible, along with being optimal conditions for cannabis.

I have been surprised from the start at how much ($) one has to put into a good operation to get the best product you can out of a grow. Surprised simply because I didn't really research how a grow was put together until I had a card coming in the mail from the State of Michigan so that I had legal status. But man, it can get downright expensive for a guy that makes less than $30,000 a year! I may state that I'm 'poor', but that doesn't mean I expect any sympathy. I had to give this a shot for a couple reasons. One, I couldn't keep up with the increase in pricing for some decent pot since the medical marijuana legalization started in 2008, it's gotten to a point where the prices are either cheap dirt weed, or the bomb expensive 'kush' as every common dealer likes to call it in the area . Two, It's just something I've always wanted to learn about and do. Growing isn't just out of necessity for me and my family to save money and have good medicine for my wife, but the legalization, use and most recently the cultivation are a passion of mine. It (marijuana) will always be my first choice for effective medicine for many problems, along with being my favorite party favor!

I plan on having more $ to spend on seeds in the near future as I have done well for my first couple grows and the operation is paying for itself, or will completely soon enough. I'm very proud of what I've been able to accomplish having no prior knowledge of growing, and my Wife is very happy with the product I've been able to produce since the start. Truthfully, I can't wait to be able to buy $200.00 worth of quality seeds and not blink an eye because I know that it's totally worth it. Nothing beats good genetics, proven genetics. And many of the 'Well Known Farmers' on this site have shown me what can be accomplished with good genetics and great growing methods and knowledge.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sinner;
I didnt know what to think when i saw this thread about "another" seed co. (The Farm's competition)
But, when I read your 2nd post, I realized that you have great intentions..
I wish you the best of luck with your fem seeds Sinner. Im sure they will send you more too.
Grow a few extra zips to trade for some seeds from the Breeders here at the Farm!
Hopefully the states will stand up for the people soon and we can trade seeds freely!
I started growing for my wife also..I was an out of work carpenter..I could not afford to buy her meds
I was behind on my mortgage about to loose my house and land...
I went for it.
Growing outdoors is practically Free! and It got me back on my feet;)

So good luck with your seeds! And get some Good Genetics from the farm next time!:D

Sinner D

Sinner D

Find a good plant....clone it.....reverse it...let it pollenate other plants....and you'll have (feminized) seeds forever without paying $10 each for them.

it's an addictive hobby. Beware!

That's an awesome tip Sky High! I had no idea how they did the whole feminized seed operation. I gathered something about spraying them (the plants) with something, but really didn't look into it more than to know that there's usually a 98% chance of the fem seed being female. As soon as I have my second room built this will definitely be something I try. Peace.;)

Sinner D

Sinner D

Sinner;
I didnt know what to think when i saw this thread about "another" seed co. (The Farm's competition)
I wish you the best of luck with your fem seeds Sinner. Im sure they will send you more too.
Grow a few extra zips to trade for some seeds from the Breeders here at the Farm!
Hopefully the states will stand up for the people soon and we can trade seeds freely!
I started growing for my wife also..I was an out of work carpenter..I could not afford to buy her meds
I went for it.

So good luck with your seeds! And get some Good Genetics from the farm next time!:D

That's awesome Ken. Being a tradesmen (but not a home owner), I understand how fast finances can go south in the event of a loss of work. Here in the Metro Detroit area, if you don't have a hustle of some sort going, you won't live comfortably. Michigan is an expensive state to live in (not as bad as say CA, or some other nicer cities, states), and you have to do something to diversify your finances. Also, since the introduction of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act of 2008 the smoke in this area is priced high, unless you'll settle for some brick weed off the streets. So, having good med's for my Wife was just impossible without growing them, unless I wanted to pay $300.00 an oz. or higher sometimes from the Compassion Clubs (as we don't really have 'dispensaries'). Growing has brought me much joy and a peace of mind I couldn't get without a winning lottery ticket. I wish now that I could afford to live in a more rural area so as I could try a good outdoor grow this spring/summer. I would like very much to get some awesome strain from the farm. A lot of the strains I read about on THCbay are not found anywhere else, and I know I would be getting some great genetics. Soon, my friend, soon.

Sinner D

Sinner D

Oh happy day!!! I got my free seeds and boy did they make up for their "hiccup". TSSC was supposed to send me 2 free feminized seeds with my initial order, but because they valued my intentions to be a repeat customer, they sent me 10 free feminized seeds!! A couple 'automatics'!
I got:
CH9; Jack
Samsara; Flash Babylon Automatic, Ultraviolet Automatic, El Alquimista
Kannabia; White Domina, Power Skunk
Blimburn; AK Automatic (x2), Tijuana (x2)
Of course, I already got quite a few plants going already, so these will all be waiting for a while, probably until late summer, early fall. But I'm really impressed at how fast TSSC made their 'oops' a 'Woo-hoo', only two weeks after the day I ordered!
If anyone has anything they would like to add about any of these strain, feel free. I'm personally looking forward to seeing what the Power Skunk, and my previously ordered Skunk #1 can produce. All the others I'll have to do my homework on. I've looked up a couple of em before, but y'all know how it is when you're going through the seed bank menu's, ya end up lookin up so many that a couple you really liked stick, and the rest you may just kinda forget about.

spacebomb

spacebomb

hey bro,i know when people cannot afford good quality seeds.tho im broke aswell i will pay 100,200ÂŁ english for ten seeds.now im not givving it the big,I AM ,just you need to know the fundementals of good genetics, pulling money out for good,great genetics is WELL WORTH IT.you pay 200$for 1,pack rite and half a branch gets you your $ back and some pocket money:-)were all. broke but skimping on genetics is bad.well cheap seeds and top notch nutes and co,2 ,wont even make a plant yeild more than say? a alien strain etc.with cheap nutes and no co,2 ,the better genetics will yeild more eh.sorry if im hard to understand but basickly,cheap seeds yeild poor reslts.NOT ALLWAYS BUT MOST.its a dna thing eh!if the dna wont let the plants yeild?1,oz per plant say. but the better ,dearer,seeds. their dna is better.they are pre bisposed to big yeilds,good potency etc.if thats my accent making this sound like a loada shit pls tell me.ill clear it up:-)
so what strains did you buy bro? what ya looking for? indica?hybrid?sativa. let me know joe and ill stick my hand in my stash and see whats there:-)
space
Recently I made my very first purchase with a seed company. I did my research like I would think most do. Checked all the seed companies in my copy of Jorge Cervantes Medical Marijuana Grow Bible and found a few promising companies. But most wanted quite a bit for even regular seeds (non feminized or non automatic). Maybe $10.00 per seed isn't a lot to some of you out there, but to my poor a$$, it's quite a bit! So, I just did what I've done since I started cultivating for my Wife and growing her medicine; I kept searching the internet. I came across TSSC and found a lot about them that I really liked. First, the presentation of each strain, it's pro's and con's, and all the important information necessary to consider when working with each strain. I liked em and soon found myself considering them on a weekly basis as I waited for my first few grows using bag seeds to finish out.
Now, the only company that I found really close in price to the great competitive pricing available through TSSC was Nirvana. There is literally only a dollar or less difference between the pricing on each of these sites and they both ended up being my last two to choose from when I was ready to place an order. Like I said, I'm not a wealthy man. I live on a street with abandoned houses, in a part of town people call me crazy for living in. But, with that being said, living in the wilds of the ghetto has it's advantages as well as it's disadvantages. That's a story for another post though, and without getting too far off track here, I must say that after my "research", along with certain drawbacks associated with using bag seed, I settled on spending just under $70.00 on a half-dozen feminized seeds from TSSC.
I really liked the idea from the start that I could buy just one feminized seed of each strain I liked, and cross my fingers that they popped, rather than weeding out the males. I'm just not ready or set up to deal with breeding my own plants for seeds. Lack of space and limited resources (as in not wanting to spend the extra money on soil and nutes for plants that I won't keep) just steered me in the direction of feminized seeds, and being a new grower, variety steered me to taking chances on single seeds. So I placed my order on the 9th and waited, excited that I had not only the six seeds that I purchased on the way, but a couple free feminized seeds along with em! That's right, it's the Single Seed Centre motto! "Free seeds with every order!"
Well, I got my order in the mail a little more than a week later (8 days), and to my surprise, no free seeds! I was stunned! Then I thought to myself, "Eh, what can you expect. It's not like I ordered $100.00 worth of product or something". So I thought about it for a few hours after I got home from work and it chewed at me. I mean, this company sells their inventory on this famed motto and what did I have to show for going for it!? Nothing extra, no bonus, not even an explanation. I proceeded to their web site where I caught a glimpse of something I had overlooked in my exuberance during the process of choosing a company, and then choosing some seeds. "While supplies last" I knew right there they had me. Sure I could write em a bad review, or bad mouth em to my fellow farmers, but that wouldn't get me my free seeds. So I wrote a rather neutral review, yet truthful, basically stating that they were my first choice and I was mildly disappointed in this "mistake", as I wasn't entirely sure that they had not sent them due to a shortage. Then I wrote the company. Just a short e-mail describing that I was not really happy with not receiving what they had offered (not promised), and that I had intended to be a long term customer and I didn't want them or myself to miss out on the chance to make things right. I politely but assertively expressed that I thought they should do what's right and send me my free feminized seeds, no matter what the cost. Also telling them this was in fact a major reason why I went with purchasing through their company for my 'collection'. One day later, still no word back. But the next day I received a very satisfying e-mail.

Hi SinnerD,

We're very sorry to hear that you did not receive the free seeds with this order. This happens from time to time if the script on our site has a little hiccup and does not add them at checkout. We will of course make sure you receive the free seeds that should have been with this order, and we'll throw in a few extras from past promotions by way of an apology for this mix up. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,

The Single Seed Centre
Of course, I'm still waiting for these seeds to come in the mail, but I have little doubt that they will arrive. I've already received the tracking # for them. I would like to say that as long as these seeds show up, TSSC is going to have a loyal customer for sometime to come!
On another note; Of the six seeds I originally ordered from TSSC, I've planted three already and all three popped up above the soil in less than 48 to 60 hours! Now of the three that I purchased, two are from the Nirvana Seed Co., One from Dutch Passion Seed Co. (which is not a company that will serve the U.S., but one that I had heard many good things about). So in closing, I would like to say that free is what it is. If I happen to get some great strains for my 'collection' now, maybe even a couple that I may not have chose for myself from the start, It's better than nothing (free) at all!!!
If anybody else has a Seed Company they would like so share some good info on past purchases and enlighten us all with a post of your favorite company and/or a great freebie you've received, please DO! I'm still open to the idea of the best seed company out there. Thanks for reading all this!
Sinner D

spacebomb

spacebomb

hey man.lol space again. you sound like youv been bit ! by the growing bug:-) my freind,just like me man eh. if im not prying what illness is your dear wife suffering with?no offence bro.i just MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP:-) im doing same as you.yes i smoke to but its for my old lady what i do.i have2 be REALLY VERY CAREFULL THO EH.she has grandmall eppilepsy amongst other stuff. its hard to see as theres shit we can do:( well we can provide care,meds etc but as a .man it makes you feal? like shit caus you cant take that pain away.right sorry im babbaling on.sos mate.think about what i said tho:-)[qu what strains u after.
space.ote="Sinner D, post: 1043641, member: 42048"]Those are some real true points you have there. And yes, It didn't take but about ten tries of companies out of the Grow Bible until I figured out that most of these companies were gone or relocated to different site names.

As far as $10.00 per seed, well, for just getting started it was a hard pill to swallow. I mean, really were talking about seeds here! But I also can understand what you're saying about Real Lights, Nutrients, and proper growing structure. We can only get what we can get if the environment you grow in isn't as close to the outdoors as possible, along with being optimal conditions for cannabis.

I have been surprised from the start at how much ($) one has to put into a good operation to get the best product you can out of a grow. Surprised simply because I didn't really research how a grow was put together until I had a card coming in the mail from the State of Michigan so that I had legal status. But man, it can get downright expensive for a guy that makes less than $30,000 a year! I may state that I'm 'poor', but that doesn't mean I expect any sympathy. I had to give this a shot for a couple reasons. One, I couldn't keep up with the increase in pricing for some decent pot since the medical marijuana legalization started in 2008, it's gotten to a point where the prices are either cheap dirt weed, or the bomb expensive 'kush' as every common dealer likes to call it in the area . Two, It's just something I've always wanted to learn about and do. Growing isn't just out of necessity for me and my family to save money and have good medicine for my wife, but the legalization, use and most recently the cultivation are a passion of mine. It (marijuana) will always be my first choice for effective medicine for many problems, along with being my favorite party favor!

I plan on having more $ to spend on seeds in the near future as I have done well for my first couple grows and the operation is paying for itself, or will completely soon enough. I'm very proud of what I've been able to accomplish having no prior knowledge of growing, and my Wife is very happy with the product I've been able to produce since the start. Truthfully, I can't wait to be able to buy $200.00 worth of quality seeds and not blink an eye because I know that it's totally worth it. Nothing beats good genetics, proven genetics. And many of the 'Well Known Farmers' on this site have shown me what can be accomplished with good genetics and great growing methods and knowledge.[/quote]

spacebomb

spacebomb

its a piss take like ken eh bro. but the actuall breeders.well subbcool said he only gets a buck. a buck fifty a seed.its all the re-sellers making the heavy money eh.but ?idk how many good beans can a 4,5,ft plant yeild pls ken?i imagine a few thow.? still a nice bunddle of cash tho eh:-)idk how many beans you can get.think u might have a rough iidea tho?just with your out door patch etc:-)
I want to add, Because im nicely medicated ,

IMHO, 10 bucks is WAY too much for a seed.
BUT it's a Excellent deal for Great Genetics! ;)

spacebomb

spacebomb

? what do ya mean bro? hobby + a little pocket money for me. its allways money to pull out tho eh.bulbs,nutes,soil etc.
If growing is a 'hobby', expect to pay for it. If it's a 'profession', expect to invest in it. If it's a 'passion', however, then none of the forgoing matters...

spacebomb

spacebomb

hey ken.whats this grow a few extra zips and swap it with the farm for seeds? can i send like 2,oz in and get a pack or two of seeds?.
space
Sinner;
I went for it.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

hey ken.whats this grow a few extra zips and swap it with the farm for seeds? can i send like 2,oz in and get a pack or two of seeds?.
space
what???

this is like the third sketchy post about you trying to send weed or shit without just doing it the real/right way.....

spacebomb

spacebomb

what? im qouting ken.NOT you c.r. im sick of you putting daft crap up.what you talking About?,3rd time trying to send out what? weed? oh yeah im gonna give my shit away like eh. i was simply supprised you may be able to trade.i listen to ken so it perked my curiosity,thats all. back of home boy.
what???

this is like the third sketchy post about you trying to send weed or shit without just doing it the real/right way.....

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

space
im putting this up to ask if were allowed to set up a seed swap x change,and a donation bank of seeds for new,old members.this would be good for the farm i think in many ways. we could xchange,and give to the broke people etc,,!,? so what about it mods:).

dude, not everyone is in this to smoke out there homies. THERE ARE SECURITY ISSUES. and youre just throwin out like hey its all good lets do this...

some people have been in this game long enough to see people like that come and go all day, im simply saying you are sounding sketch as fuck, im not tryin to put words in your mouth or anything, but think about shit dude, this isnt like we're baking cakes all day even though we want to try the new flavors.

just trying to give you a heads up if you keep talking like that in the open people are going to avoid you, been there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom