The six pack formula

• Thread starter TylerDurden119
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

This is a basic fertilizer recipe that has been around for longer than I have been alive. It's made up of basic chemicals that can usually be purchased at farm supplies store or possibly your local shop. These chemicals are the same as the ones used in many over priced fertilizers marketed towards us. Basically our medicine has an optimial diet. that diet is the NPK profile/rating of the nutrients you feed it. Not only does the six pack formula start off on a nearly optimal profile of 3-1-4-3-1 it allows you to fine tune it.

Now some of you may be wondering what NPK profile is or how to understand what 3-1-4-3-1 stands for and EVERYONE should go read this thread----->

The knowledge dropped in there is invaluable to us. so start there to get an understanding.

The six pack formula is made up of six ingredients

1.Calcium nitrate

2.Potassium sulfate

3.Potassium nitrate

4.Mono potassium phosphate

5.Magnesium sulfate(epsom salts)

6.Trace elements

These six ingredients mixed together in the given formula will give you a nutrient profile for veg of 3-1-4-3-1. I haven't done the bloom formula yet but will post its profile as well. the holidays are hell and this isn't really top of the list on the priorities list, but i will get it up.

I would work off the grams per litre section as that will be more precise.

The six pack formula
dankworth

dankworth

Hey, did you get these shipped? Or did you buy them from a retail storefront? I am looking to find pretty much the same thing.
Thanks

PS I thought I saw that you bought 25 kilo bags...must be a storefront. Thanks though. And thanks to Tony for the site. They want a lot for shipping.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

found a farm supply store, kinda like a wholesale. thats why they only had the 25kg bags.definitely try to find something local as shipping will kill ya, thats why i passed on the jack's formula(from the overpriced nutrient thread) there were no dealers local and shipping was retarded.

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

Hey Tyler I love the thread. I followed you over here from your knowledge of jacks! I'm subbed and ready to learn everything you got to teach

B

Bluenote

I've ended up over here from the other thread too and will follow your results with quite some interest , I've got about half the salts around as it is and was planning on placeing a Jacks/Peters order soon , may as well lay in the rest of them.

A question though , Peters sells a pretty fair micro-nutrient/trace element pack , would that likely suffice for the trace component or were you utilisng a specific mix?

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

Hey Tyler I love the thread. I followed you over here from your knowledge of jacks! I'm subbed and ready to learn everything you got to teach

thanks bro. we'll all be learning together! i ran this when i first started into the hobby yeaaaars ago. i wound up moving on to commercial stuff like my friends, who at the time i was promoting the success i was having. at the time it was easier to grab A&B n that was taht. but when i look back some of my best crops were with the six pack.....i'll be startin up soon and we'll get this show on the road :pimp:

I've ended up over here from the other thread too and will follow your results with quite some interest , I've got about half the salts around as it is and was planning on placeing a Jacks/Peters order soon , may as well lay in the rest of them.

A question though , Peters sells a pretty fair micro-nutrient/trace element pack , would that likely suffice for the trace component or were you utilisng a specific mix?

yea i researched the trace ingredient before i bought and it appears its a pretty generic salt/ingredient used by greenhouses etc. i think its like zinc, copper stuff like that. everything is put away right now but next week i'll b gettin goin and i can get the ingredient list up. (trace mineral isn't very helpful).

but yea i hope we can grow our plants better than ever with this stuff. i remember messing around with the ratios back then but never documented anything. i think i used to boost the MPK a bit not to sure tho, it was over 10 years ago.

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

I have been running the jacks combo for a hand full of months and have had the opportunity to use it on many grows and are getting her all dialed in for each strain. Getting back to RO water. Also I will be encorporating Cap's goodies. I'll be here for the long haul
Much luv
Surferbum

B

Bluenote

I have been running the jacks combo for a hand full of months and have had the opportunity to use it on many grows and are getting her all dialed in for each strain. Getting back to RO water. Also I will be encorporating Cap's goodies. I'll be here for the long haul
Much luv
Surferbum

Hhhmmmm sounds like we'll all be trying fairly close to the same thing , I'll be trying out Capulators packs too , well water here though and I'll be feeding molasses too.

And BIG I mean bloody damned HUGE freaking props ethics wise to A1 , it's not often that you contact a nutrient co and give them an open chance to sell you something and get " Hey you really don't need this , save your money."

THAT little bit of honesty is so rarely encountered that it in one single act almost assured that I'll buy something from them and run it as they bring out new stuff to the market.

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

So what's up with the bloom ratios... I wanna make my own micro bloom!

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

sorry guys! forgot that i didn't post that up

here's the base recipes i got. these come out at high ppms, n started off at 50% strength and worked up from there till i hit 75-80% strength when i noticed some tip burn on a few diff strains so i capped it @ 75% for what im runnin. without a doubt im gettin better yield, frost, smell in comparison to the cns 17 regiement i was feeding em. i ran primarily veg formulas for the first cpl weeks, n then primarily bloom with an occasional veg mix. but of all the strains i ran before they are all doing better!

1. Calcium Nitrate Veg-1.5g Bloom-1.02g

2. Potassium Sulfate Veg-0.115g Bloom-0.695g

3. Potassium Nitrate Veg-0.522g Bloom-0

4. Mono Potassium Phosphate Veg-0.348g Bloom-0.435g

5. Magnesium Sulfate Veg-1.12g Bloom-1.212g

6. Trace elements Veg-0.10g Bloom-0.09g

*grams per litre
*trace elements is a common ingredient used in greenhouse growing it contains these minor elements->

Sulphur (S) 14.75% Boron (
cool.gif
1.45% Copper (Cu) 3.20% Iron (Fe) 7.50% Manganese (Mn) 8.15% Molybdenum (Mo) 0.046% Zinc (Zn) 4.5%

The ppm of Veg--> 300-79-300-285-103-166 (1273 ppm) Bloom--> 158-98-428-194-119-288 (1284 ppm)

N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S

ttystikk

ttystikk

This is the next logical step for me, once I'm through my bag of Jacks.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Same here, how many gallons can be made w/ a 25lb of jacks being used at about 3/gal?

Quantrill

Quantrill

25 pounds times 454 grams per pound divided by 3 grams per gallon equals 3783.333333333333 gallons of solution.

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

Haha I also have like 15 pounds of jacks still. It's not bad for rock wool. But it would be nice to be. Able to configure things if need be

Tiger Brandz

Tiger Brandz

Hi

Just wane add, i also use salts but a 3 part- calcium nitrate, then a balanced one with major micro elements, and pretty balanced npk, except less nitrogen. Bloom booster i get an PK 0-46-52. All really cheap. About $50 for a 25 kg bag, which lasts forever...
For my trace elements i use molasses once a week. Molasses can be baught really cheap at wholesale farm shops.
Also i add organic ferts for each Marco element- fish mix for N, bonemeal for P, and molasses has plenty K, and dolomite lime for cal/mag.

Hope it helps. Peace

pork

pork

sorry guys! forgot that i didn't post that up

here's the base recipes i got. these come out at high ppms, n started off at 50% strength and worked up from there till i hit 75-80% strength when i noticed some tip burn on a few diff strains so i capped it @ 75% for what im runnin. without a doubt im gettin better yield, frost, smell in comparison to the cns 17 regiement i was feeding em. i ran primarily veg formulas for the first cpl weeks, n then primarily bloom with an occasional veg mix. but of all the strains i ran before they are all doing better!

1. Calcium Nitrate Veg-1.5g Bloom-1.02g

2. Potassium Sulfate Veg-0.115g Bloom-0.695g

3. Potassium Nitrate Veg-0.522g Bloom-0

4. Mono Potassium Phosphate Veg-0.348g Bloom-0.435g

5. Magnesium Sulfate Veg-1.12g Bloom-1.212g

6. Trace elements Veg-0.10g Bloom-0.09g

*grams per litre
*trace elements is a common ingredient used in greenhouse growing it contains these minor elements->

Sulphur (S) 14.75% Boron (
cool.gif
1.45% Copper (Cu) 3.20% Iron (Fe) 7.50% Manganese (Mn) 8.15% Molybdenum (Mo) 0.046% Zinc (Zn) 4.5%

The ppm of Veg--> 300-79-300-285-103-166 (1273 ppm) Bloom--> 158-98-428-194-119-288 (1284 ppm)

N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S

So you're using 75% of these numbers in flower?

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Word Tyler! Mucho apreciado amigo, grassy-ass... Subbed and this is the kinda thing ive been trying to get to myself... Jumping on the train after this round myself.

PnL

Top Bottom