The Struggle Is A Struggle

• Thread starter Trichceratop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trichceratop

Trichceratop

So basically this plan is a few months out at least 3-4 I figure the more times I beat a dead horse and run through everything in my mind I may come close to only missing three or four things come Poppin day. Basic jist of this situation and I'm pretty set on the size . Looking to run a 2x4x6,7 one of the gorilla lites . The best way for me to start is the realistic goal . I don't know dick about maximizing yield and I'm not doing this for commerical or any money making reasons actually quite the opposite. Been partaking for sixteen or so years and I'm tired of getting middlemanned for inferior quality product while at decent prices ,I know the highest quality and best representation of the strains , medicinal value and quality of the flower is coming from the people who love the plants love pheno hunting love growing and knowing the plants . Bottom line I don't want inferior representations of what awesome strains are out there. Again realist the first 2-3 maybe 5 times I'l probably grow bootier flower than them but I'm a good learner and a great listener so anyway . The goal is to grow 2 plants close to optimally for personal use to get me out of the rec places and after a large inital investment to get setup hopefully save on flower a year .

So my plan is
Again I got bills to pay I'm not buying Chinese lights but I can't justify over 1000 on two plants just learning my girl will have my nuts in a sling haha.

2x4x6,7? Ggt lite

2 girls trained ( terribly at first as I learn I'm sure or maybe decently after having three months to study ) maybe scrog maybe just lst and topping gotta see what life is like for 2 in that area after pots and lights

Probably living in either regular parts or smart pots not positive yet

Medium ( I have it jammed out in my mind after research rather not debate )

Now as for ventilation half the world seems to think 4" inline something like a vivosun through flexi duct to a carbon scrubber living outside ( open to suggestions on not break the bank friendly brands ) the other half thinks 6 I think I don't know because I haven't done this before any experience ? Either way it'll have a controller for speed and be pulling passive intake through a unused flap until I'm less broke but yes controller so I don't get imploding tent

Now the monkey wrench expensive part bane of my existence lights are dumb expensive I get it . I don't want to go with hps or CFL I would rather have r the ease of a quantum board or Vero situation , don't wanna argue just where I'm at draw wise at the wall safety piece of mind for me

Now with 50sqft being optimal for flower and below that within reason for veg I would be at 400 watts now that's optimal which I get is a thing but given the profile of the tent 46" across inside to work with ? If I'm lucky unless I go full diy which really isn't my jam at this stage of the game and being it's to save money I'd prefer the ease a warranty gives . So my options at this point are the hlg 320xl which being 80 shy of the full 400 puts me at 40sq for flower at full on ( any experience with this ?) Or the 4vl from timber which at 42 and some odd inches across and 120 bucks more would be a tight fit both on the budget and the tent real estate .

So basically does any of this seem reasonable for my needs ? Should I just bite the bullet and get the full 400 watts pay almost 600 for a light have a warranty and a nice shiny package or try to wing it with the QB 320 and save 120 bucks and hope it does the trick and I don't end up buying the other 80 watts 2 weeks into flower anyway ?

Just struggling

P

PassTheJ

Hahaha it's fun watching you go through what we all went through..

Imo, any grow shouldn't have less then 400 watts out the wall. 2x4, 4x4... These are bare minimums if you're going to use LED. I don't care how good the quality photon is. QB, Cobs, Burples.. 400 watts should be bare minimum. Better more then less with watts. I recommend you not even think twice on this particular issue. 400 watts out the wall will guarantee you the ability to max your yeild. 320 watts out the wall in 2x4 should do it but 400 will be better.

Soil... So so simple.. go to home depot and get a large bag of perlite and vermiculite.. A large bag of peat moss and any high quality soil.

60% soil
30% peat moss
10% mix perlite and Vermiculite

Simple.. done. Don't think about it farther then that. Fluffy soil is all you want.

Vent is simple. Keep it inside the tent. Running a carbon filter on the outside isn't as effective and requires more pull. Vent size depends on your vent holes. In a 2x4, usually 4in vents are available. So a 4 in inline fan connected to a 8in long carbon filter inside the tent running the air to the outside. You don't need a fan sucking air into the tent. There will be enough pressure from you inline fan to pull in ample co2. Just keep other tent vents open.

I recommend 4 in hurricane for fan. Phresh 8 or 12 in for filter. Which ever best fits the 4in fan. And Amazon for the 4in flex vent or home depot..

This shouldn't cost you more then 1.2k.

Don't stress it 2 much.. if you follow my advice or anyone who's done a few grows, you'll limit your screw ups to your own human error. It wont be from the lights soil or vents.

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

So basically this plan is a few months out at least 3-4 I figure the more times I beat a dead horse and run through everything in my mind I may come close to only missing three or four things come Poppin day. Basic jist of this situation and I'm pretty set on the size . Looking to run a 2x4x6,7 one of the gorilla lites . The best way for me to start is the realistic goal . I don't know dick about maximizing yield and I'm not doing this for commerical or any money making reasons actually quite the opposite. Been partaking for sixteen or so years and I'm tired of getting middlemanned for inferior quality product while at decent prices ,I know the highest quality and best representation of the strains , medicinal value and quality of the flower is coming from the people who love the plants love pheno hunting love growing and knowing the plants . Bottom line I don't want inferior representations of what awesome strains are out there. Again realist the first 2-3 maybe 5 times I'l probably grow bootier flower than them but I'm a good learner and a great listener so anyway . The goal is to grow 2 plants close to optimally for personal use to get me out of the rec places and after a large inital investment to get setup hopefully save on flower a year .

So my plan is
Again I got bills to pay I'm not buying Chinese lights but I can't justify over 1000 on two plants just learning my girl will have my nuts in a sling haha.

2x4x6,7? Ggt lite

2 girls trained ( terribly at first as I learn I'm sure or maybe decently after having three months to study ) maybe scrog maybe just lst and topping gotta see what life is like for 2 in that area after pots and lights

Probably living in either regular parts or smart pots not positive yet

Medium ( I have it jammed out in my mind after research rather not debate )

Now as for ventilation half the world seems to think 4" inline something like a vivosun through flexi duct to a carbon scrubber living outside ( open to suggestions on not break the bank friendly brands ) the other half thinks 6 I think I don't know because I haven't done this before any experience ? Either way it'll have a controller for speed and be pulling passive intake through a unused flap until I'm less broke but yes controller so I don't get imploding tent

Now the monkey wrench expensive part bane of my existence lights are dumb expensive I get it . I don't want to go with hps or CFL I would rather have r the ease of a quantum board or Vero situation , don't wanna argue just where I'm at draw wise at the wall safety piece of mind for me

Now with 50sqft being optimal for flower and below that within reason for veg I would be at 400 watts now that's optimal which I get is a thing but given the profile of the tent 46" across inside to work with ? If I'm lucky unless I go full diy which really isn't my jam at this stage of the game and being it's to save money I'd prefer the ease a warranty gives . So my options at this point are the hlg 320xl which being 80 shy of the full 400 puts me at 40sq for flower at full on ( any experience with this ?) Or the 4vl from timber which at 42 and some odd inches across and 120 bucks more would be a tight fit both on the budget and the tent real estate .

So basically does any of this seem reasonable for my needs ? Should I just bite the bullet and get the full 400 watts pay almost 600 for a light have a warranty and a nice shiny package or try to wing it with the QB 320 and save 120 bucks and hope it does the trick and I don't end up buying the other 80 watts 2 weeks into flower anyway ?

Just struggling
you should make shorter posts when you ask questions haha. 30w per sq ft of quantum boards is more than ample light for full cycle.50w per sq ft and you need co2 to actually utilize the light in there.qb 320xl is perfect for that tent.consider getting this one as well for your early stage seeds and clones in the 4000k spectrum.it will cover a 2x2 area for veg pretty dang well https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits/products/hlg-65

P

PassTheJ

you should make shorter posts when you ask questions haha. 30w per sq ft of quantum boards is more than ample light for full cycle.50w per sq ft and you need co2 to actually utilize the light in there.qb 320xl is perfect for that tent.consider getting this one as well for your early stage seeds and clones in the 4000k spectrum.it will cover a 2x2 area for veg pretty dang well https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits/products/hlg-65

In your honest opinion, 30w quantom per sq ft VS. 62w burple per sq ft..

Lmfao..

Last edited:
Trichceratop

Trichceratop

Yea I realize that's a bit of a novel , sorry just figured best to lay out what I had to work with and plan . Thanks for everyone's input and educating me the best they could. I'm gonna go with the 320xl for the full cycle and if the budget allows the hlg65 in 4000k for seedling/veg . Sixstring any suggestion on the color temp for the 320xl 3000 or 3500?

sixstring

sixstring

Yea I realize that's a bit of a novel , sorry just figured best to lay out what I had to work with and plan . Thanks for everyone's input and educating me the best they could. I'm gonna go with the 320xl for the full cycle and if the budget allows the hlg65 in 4000k for seedling/veg . Sixstring any suggestion on the color temp for the 320xl 3000 or 3500?

If 3500k is available and you want full cycle grow get those.but last I knew they only came in 2700,3000,4000k in which case I would go with the 3000k boards.

P

PassTheJ

Fuck that. 20w is kaka. Nothing beats 65w of cancer inducing burple.

Dan789

Dan789

My eyes are crossing and irritated already with that 65/wsq’ bluple realized. Lol

Top Bottom