There's sometimes reason why freebies are free

• Thread starter Jar Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jar Man

Sure this isn't always the case, but I rec'd 3 freebie seeds with an order from Highlife Seeds they called AK X Misty that thru an email exchange was told it's a new cross they're working with they expect to put on their seed list later. But apparently there's yet some work to do making the strain stable or marketable. All 3 seeds sprouted well enough, but one was so stunted with the tiniest leaves I've ever seen. Another seemed to take off well enough but quickly developed nutrient uptake problems that no degree of nute or ph adjustments could remedy. While the third essentially developed the same problem over the next few weeks after displaying a promising start with close internodes and profuse branching early on. Sure, just 3 seedlings is no real measure to make a strain's accurate assessment from. I've just never seen this sort of thing before. Particularly where a quite promising looking plant developed such irresolvable nute uptake problems just as it got past the seedling stage.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Jar Man, you placed this in the Grow Diary forum. Are you posting a grow diary of these seeds?

S

StonerScience

I got the same freebies (AK X Misty) all 3 germed and are growing nicely so far.

J

Jar Man

Jar Man, you placed this in the Grow Diary forum. Are you posting a grow diary of these seeds?

Sorry if I missed something. But it appears that this thread section is titled "Freebie Seeds". Many others are commenting about freebie seeds here in many threads that doesn't appear to pertain to a grow diary. If my post was somehow inappropriate or doesn't fit the subject matter I appologize.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
yes Jar Man, this is the "Freebie Seeds" forum within the Sub-Forum of "Grow Diaries".

and specifically, under the link "Freebie Seeds" that you clicked on it says "Got some free seeds from the farm? show us how they turned out"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom