Thermostat for DIY chiller?

• Thread starter wowzerz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wowzerz

So I made a chiller froma wall mount AC unit. Have 16 buckets and this thing works awesome. A little too good, if I leave it on over night the whole could turns into an ice block and my water temps get down to 50 or so.
Here is the question:
Has anyone gotten the built in thermostat(the one built into the wallmouynt AC) to work effectivly in this type of setup? I have only heard of one other person trying it and they said it did not work very well

Another question, There has to be someone that sells a water temp outlet thermostat, anyone know where I can find one?. They make air temp outlet thermostats....Maybe I can mod one of those to work somehow. I have a few of them here.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wzrz

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

So I made a chiller froma wall mount AC unit. Have 16 buckets and this thing works awesome. A little too good, if I leave it on over night the whole could turns into an ice block and my water temps get down to 50 or so.
Here is the question:
Has anyone gotten the built in thermostat(the one built into the wallmouynt AC) to work effectivly in this type of setup? I have only heard of one other person trying it and they said it did not work very well

Another question, There has to be someone that sells a water temp outlet thermostat, anyone know where I can find one?. They make air temp outlet thermostats....Maybe I can mod one of those to work somehow. I have a few of them here.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wzrz

Any thermostat with a remote bulb can be put in your rez to control temp.

Top Bottom