Third Times A Charm

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

Yes I totally follow. For my purposes I'm going with cover crop NOT companion crops, as this is just a Cannabis garden and my sole intention is for the cover crop to ensure the space is not left bare and to maintain the soil profile. But I like learning and appreciate all the info you pass onto me regardless of whether I use it for this grow or not, as I hope to eventually be able to farm as my full time legal occupation and that would hopefully include a bunch of new kinds of plants. I do have a small fruit and vegetable garden that I started three years ago, been using my supersoil from indoors and recycling it into this garden.....
I meant companion crops NOT cover crops... Because I plan on having a perpetual cycle of cannabis so as soon as I harvest I'll plant a clone in that same pot and begin vegging. Therefore there will never be a time for cover crop as I hope to constantly have my pots full

Moto

Moto

Yes I totally follow. For my purposes I'm going with cover crop NOT companion crops, as this is just a Cannabis garden and my sole intention is for the cover crop to ensure the space is not left bare and to maintain the soil profile. But I like learning and appreciate all the info you pass onto me regardless of whether I use it for this grow or not, as I hope to eventually be able to farm as my full time legal occupation and that would hopefully include a bunch of new kinds of plants. I do have a small fruit and vegetable garden that I started three years ago, been using my supersoil from indoors and recycling it into this garden.....

Nice looking spot and I always love people getting excited about growing there own meds and food. Nice job buddy. =)

T

Tearsofshiva

Nice looking spot and I always love people getting excited about growing there own meds and food. Nice job buddy. =)
Thank you. I saw you got figs ? I just got a Fig tree a couple days ago... Can't wait to start hitting that with my leftover compost teas

T

Tearsofshiva

Learned so much from everyone on this network, such a cool place with TONS of knowledge man I wish I had found all ur guys journals sooner!!

Moto

Moto

Thank you. I saw you got figs ? I just got a Fig tree a couple days ago... Can't wait to start hitting that with my leftover compost teas

Yeah I got a baby fig last year. She is starting to get bigger and was planted recently into the ground after babysitting her in a Root Pouch. =)

Here was her about two weeks ago. She has been grown with Better Organix in Pro-Mix Recycled Media since a young pup. LOL :)

20170524 151800

20170524 151808

T

Tearsofshiva

Yeah I got a baby fig last year. She is starting to get bigger and was planted recently into the ground after babysitting her in a Root Pouch. =)

Here was her about two weeks ago. She has been grown with Better Organix in Pro-Mix Recycled Media since a young pup. LOL :)

View attachment 707727
View attachment 707728
Look at all those green shoots! And they're praying hard.... Mine are sagging kinda

T

Tearsofshiva

Ordered all my ish from Better Organix and Build-a-soil.... Pretty hyped. Also I've been having so much trouble with cloning I said fuck it and bought a t-48 turbo kloner. If I can't get a clone to root with that and root better I'll just quit growing.... Lol jp

T

Tearsofshiva

I'm almost at 20 tops each mother gonna let em grow out a bit before I try to start taking cuts. If I can't successfully root any clones I got enough Bianca seeds to pop all 36 if need be lol

T

Tearsofshiva

Doing a 12 hour brew of kamino and bio media pro to treat my soil mix with. Last run my leaves were showing a lot of fucked up deficiencies and weird behavior and I believe it was because my soil was dead and therefore there was no mineralization or active food cycling occurring. By pre-treating my media with this tea, I hope to start the microbe/fungus colonization early this run.

T

Tearsofshiva

3 gallon RO water
11 ml kamino
11 g bio media pro

12 hour brizeww

T

Tearsofshiva

Yesterday I pre-treated my soul mix with the brew and I also took as many cuts as I could from each of the two mothers I've been growing just for the funk of it. Got 12 white queen and 12 Bianca cuttings, and some of them already have two tops. I soaked the cuttings in aloe and coconut with RO water for two hours before dipping them in Root Better and putting them in the turbo Kloner. The water temp got up above 80 quick once it was running so I've been putting frozen Poland spring bottles in the res every few hours... tough to see with led I'll take lights off pics if I remember.

IMG 0097
IMG 0098
T

Tearsofshiva

I popped 9 more Bianca's, and 4 more WQ. Those plus the 24 clones will give me enough for this next grow (36 total). That's if all the clones root, so at that point I'll germinate however many seeds I need for each clone that doesn't make it.

IMG 0100
IMG 0101
T

Tearsofshiva

Well I'm Finna, never made it before so I'll keep it documented here.

T

Tearsofshiva

Made my own blend of blue corn, alfalfa, and barley. 1/2 oz dry weight, soaked in RO water.

T

Tearsofshiva

All the germinated seeds were showing a radicle of about 1/2 inch so I transplanted into light warrior with added perlite in solo cups. The sprouting seeds are producing a lot of bubbles as you can see in the pic, I think this is evidence of the enzymes emerging? No signs of roots on the clones yet, day 4 fingers crossed lol

IMG 0123
IMG 0124
T

Tearsofshiva

Update 7/7:
I have 37 seedlings going, 4 white queen, 33 Bianca. 12 of them were started on 6/23, the rest were on 6/30. The second group of seedlings was pre-treated with nano breathe and planted with root better after germination.

Some of the first seedlings are yellowing on the tips of the first true leaves, they're two weeks old now, and I'm guessing they're ready to start being fed by the soil microbes. I use a light mix in the solo cups so they start getting acc as to a lot more once they're in the 5 gallon where they finish.

I also mixed and bubbled 10 ml kamino, 10 mg media pro, 4 gallon RO for 12 hours and gave each pot a drench of that to get the microbes fired up in each pot before I transplant.....

T

Tearsofshiva

Pics....
You can see a couple of the older seedlings have The yellowing tip in talking about.
The last 3 pics are blue corn, alfalfa, and barley for sprouted seed tea.

IMG 0176
IMG 0177
IMG 0178
IMG 0180
IMG 0181
IMG 0182
IMG 0183
IMG 0184
IMG 0185
IMG 0186
IMG 0187
IMG 0189