This Forum Rocks

• Thread starter Erik123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Erik123

Erik123

i have been sitting on the sidelines reading everything I could, wow very good people who care about others. Nice to see. I just got my card and started with two clones, I'm a plant guy but never realized the love of growing till now. It's exciting, isn't that what life is about? What a phenomenal plant! Here's one of the ladies ( I think). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Erik

This forum rocks
Erik123

Erik123

Nice LST and welcome to the forum.

Maybe post up some details like medium, environment, (temp, the),
and equipment. It's easier to help when we know what your working with.
JS....Thank you for the LST compliment, learned it here as I wanted to keep the girls squat and dense, just saw a link where a gardener is using fishing gear to hold the branches down...awesome.

I was given two clones around 25 Oct, was told they are White Rhino - Girl Scout Cookie cross. I repurposed my laundry room into a veg/clone/germination area. I am running a 4' 8 light T5s for veg, 18/6 hrs, two small fans (1 each plant) used to keep the air under the canopies continuously circulating.

The room is ventilated and I run a humidifier on low continuously in order to keep humidity between 50 -60% RH. The room has reached the mid 80s F, just open the door allowing air circulation from the house or turn off 4 of the 8 T5s if I want to be safe while away.

When I first received the clones, they were about 6", topped, and in Solo cups, no idea what mutes had been used up to then so believe I was too cautious and not feeding as I should (not sure if they were locked up or not being provided adequate nutrients?.....was very excited and wanted to go slow). They were becoming lime green. As I said this site Rocks, went from post to post and came up with N deficiency.....All better.

I transplanted on Oct 25th into 5 Gal breathable pots. I usually feed and water lightly more often (daily or every other day dependent on how dry top 5" or so of soil.). I alternate between plain H2O and notes for the most part and give an extra meal here an there.

I am using Roots Organics - Buddha Grow (2T per gal), with a few drops of B1. H2O is from well and PH tested (6.6 out of the tap), once nutes are added it drops to the mid to low 4s, add PH up to get back to the mid to low 6s. Question: what natural method could be used to increase PH.....I am sure I can look it up.

I have been doing minimum pruning, focused on getting light to the center and lower branches, seems to be working well. Lower branches are reaching for the light.

I am still setting up my flower station in the garage.

Here's the basic set-up.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
JS....Thank you for the LST compliment, learned it here as I wanted to keep the girls squat and dense, just saw a link where a gardener is using fishing gear to hold the branches down...awesome.

I was given two clones around 25 Oct, was told they are White Rhino - Girl Scout Cookie cross. I repurposed my laundry room into a veg/clone/germination area. I am running a 4' 8 light T5s for veg, 18/6 hrs, two small fans (1 each plant) used to keep the air under the canopies continuously circulating.

The room is ventilated and I run a humidifier on low continuously in order to keep humidity between 50 -60% RH. The room has reached the mid 80s F, just open the door allowing air circulation from the house or turn off 4 of the 8 T5s if I want to be safe while away.

When I first received the clones, they were about 6", topped, and in Solo cups, no idea what mutes had been used up to then so believe I was too cautious and not feeding as I should (not sure if they were locked up or not being provided adequate nutrients?.....was very excited and wanted to go slow). They were becoming lime green. As I said this site Rocks, went from post to post and came up with N deficiency.....All better.

I transplanted on Oct 25th into 5 Gal breathable pots. I usually feed and water lightly more often (daily or every other day dependent on how dry top 5" or so of soil.). I alternate between plain H2O and notes for the most part and give an extra meal here an there.

I am using Roots Organics - Buddha Grow (2T per gal), with a few drops of B1. H2O is from well and PH tested (6.6 out of the tap), once nutes are added it drops to the mid to low 4s, add PH up to get back to the mid to low 6s. Question: what natural method could be used to increase PH.....I am sure I can look it up.

I have been doing minimum pruning, focused on getting light to the center and lower branches, seems to be working well. Lower branches are reaching for the light.

I am still setting up my flower station in the garage.

Here's the basic set-up.
Hi if you need help just yell welcome to the farm and thanks for liking my fishing tackle tie downs I love coming up with simple things to help out to make it easy that's my secret KISS method anyway good luck and keep the pics coming and above all have lots of fun . Regards One Drop .

Erik123

Erik123

just thought of something and wanted to see if I am correct. Just realized I am storing my 1Gal prepped nutrients in clear jugs in the grow room they are not in direct light/ more defused. Does the light destroy the nutrient value?

Erik123

Erik123

I'm a fisherman and said Holy Cow, that's how I'm doing it from now on. I am currently using bamboo and plastic clips, hurts the plant and not near as precise...so thank you One Drop. Just realized the like button, will be using that more often moving ahead.

Cheers and Happy Fishinh!
Erik

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm a fisherman and said Holy Cow, that's how I'm doing it from now on. I am currently using bamboo and plastic clips, hurts the plant and not near as precise...so thank you One Drop. Just realized the like button, will be using that more often moving ahead.

Cheers and Happy Fishinh!
Erik
That's great mate I live on a tiny island off the mainland of Tasmaina in Australia we fish every day for our free food no matter which area of the island we fish at it always produces top fish at the moment the Salmon are running in the deep channel between our island and the mainland . I'm not sure about the nutes being mixed and left in your space I use urine , milk and worm tea plus SeaSol for my grow inside and outside crops .

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you add some beneficial organisms like in the rooting powder great white and some unsulphered molasses to your water and bubble it for a few days it makes your veg plants happy. There is a link in my signature for an AACT recipe. I have never used the recipe yet as I only have some of the ingredients. I do however use my version with the ingredients that I have and I notice a big difference when using teas in veg.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If you add some beneficial organisms like in the rooting powder great white and some unsulphered molasses to your water and bubble it for a few days it makes your veg plants happy. There is a link in my signature for an AACT recipe. I have never used the recipe yet as I only have some of the ingredients. I do however use my version with the ingredients that I have and I notice a big difference when using teas in veg.
That's some great advice just the simple running air in your food tank I also keep it at 23 degrees as I hand water to run off helps keep my roots warm .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Sounds good I can see that working I did my silica tank with air and found it help break down the fronds of the native tree I use to soak it out of , making some compost tea up out old hay bales and stinging nettles today . Will run air to that tank as well .

Erik123

Erik123

Ok, awesome stuff..gonna do water stones and add good nutrients. Thank you!

Erik123

Erik123

Really want to say thanks to the people that make this such a good place to be open minded about a really tough subject! cheers!

Top Bottom