This Site Needs Some Good Outdoor Grow Logs

• Thread starter redlife215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/avid-abamectin-residual.45634/page-5

So seems u guys like living in a world of ignorance here is some facts for u. Hope i was able to help some people this season with russets
Just because a product is deemed safe for food crops doesn't mean that it is also safe to spray or apply to flowers that are smoked. My ire with you was your suggestion of having others spray their flowers/buds. The mode of ingestion can be a lot more harmful to people due to the combustion process. Especially patients with a compromised immune system to start.

I am not saying not to help and assist those in need.But I would ask you rethink your methods.Can you without doubt conclude that smoking avid and other compounds isn't harmful???

The other reason I started watching this thread was the way you were responding to those members who didnt agree with your methods. I understand it is your thread after all, but all I was doing was to get you all to show each other a little respect. We can disagree with each other with out disrespecting one another. Peace

R

redlife215

I never said spray tge buds, where did u get that? Cys italwinston said so lol. I told the grower not to spray wgen the buds form and start frostinf up. U guys are really some shit talkers aroind here. All i do is try to spread knowledge and help farmers, look at my posts. I would love to see the thread where i told people to spray their frosty buds. And also smoking weed isnt medicine idk where that got started, it has nedicinal value but combusting plant material is by no means medicine so if u habe a weak immune system maybe u should resort to edibles and concenrrates and tincitures

ItalWinston

ItalWinston

I never said spray tge buds, where did u get that? Cys italwinston said so lol.

I copied and pasted your direct quotes from page 73 of the russet mite sticky thread. You also said you wouldn't spray after week 3 of flower. FAIL. You should never spray in flower. Period. I would never spray Avid on a cannabis crop at anytime.

To the mods, I am trying to play nice, and this will be my final response in this thread. :smoking:

IW

R

redlife215

I also said dont spray when the frost starts and said only to do that if u werent able to sprsy in veg. The lady was loosing her crop and was already in flower. So thats the fact of the matter

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
In closing, some chemical compounds are converted to toxic fumes when combusted. So it doesn't matter if the patient is immuno compromised or not without having a peer reviewed study on smoking avid treated flowers you are assuming it is ok to do and that to me is absurd. I would rather err on the side of caution and thats why I never tell anyone to spray any pesticides on their flowers. Frost or no frost.

you have both made your point/s lets move on to outdoor growing as the title suggests.

Last edited:
Underthesun

Underthesun

If I ever ‘need’ to use Avid, I will stop growing. After over a decade of indoor and 4 years outdoor I have never considered it. I bought it because there was bad information on the internet, and was convinced it was okay to use. I love the environment I have around my property and will never ever consider spraying such nasty stuff in such a pristine area. SMH.

End of my discussion, I will not respond to any comments that claim Avid is an acceptable practice for any type of outdoor growing. Back to good outdoor pics.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Avid is systemic. It stays in your plants. I don’t care about your tests. I wouldn’t touch your buds. You should tell everyone you sell to that you use it. Not to mention the damage you could cause to such a beatiful area of the country. I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I were you, but that is just me. There is a reason it is illegal to use for cannbis in CO. Have a good day.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Author deleted comment, doesn’t want to argue. Hope the russets go away and you aren’t feeling forced to use it next year.

Goodbye.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Underthesun have u ever had russet mites? If not then u r being ignorant especially when the facts are that there is.no other effective treatment for that type of insect. Soooo why do i gotta keeo beating a dead horse here u have 2 options when u have russet mites spray avid or throw out ur crop and thats real shit. Some growers actually have 100k plus i vestes in their property and cant afford to loise tgeir crop so get off ur high horse and unkess uve deakt with russets u have nothong to add to the convo point blank
Only one round here riding a high horse as you put it seems to be you. Growers in the know who care dont use avid. Can we please just move on and stop beating a dead horse? or is it a high horse.? :D

R

redlife215

Lol growers in tge know as u call it are loosing harvest all aroind the county, still waiting for somebody that has had russet mites to chime in and explain how all their well wishing and sulfur spyas and conpost teas dont work. So when i say high horse i mean people that have never dealt with russet mites acting like tgey woildnt do the sane thing if it was that or tgeir 100s of plants. I am talking millions of dollars lost on my street alone to russet mites u think those hippys wouldnt use avid if they coild do it over? Well let me answer that they are actually soraying it as of like 2 weeks ago lol tge sane peopke tgat thinl tgey are organic growers and are better then everybody ended up using harsh chems when they saw what was happening. These are real facts

R

redlife215

U think people wanna use avid and shit? No, nobody ever used tgat shit before but it is get down or lay down with russet mites hemp russet mites dont die with sulphur sorry. Close tge thread if u dont like what u are hearing but its tge truth and all u can say is i would never use it but nobody can say what they have used to get rid of russets where are all the super growers that know everything or is the farm just filled with closet growers and shit talkers.

R

redlife215

For the record i am against just slraying harsh chemicals as an easy way to grow believe me i use compost teas and topdress and everytjing but when it cones to a situation of loosing everyrhing i yse it. I saw russet damage in my dep hoop in july so i sprayed my fullterms thru july and was blessed to have healthy plants. My nextdoor neighbor no bullshit lost more then half and even his saved half looks and snells lackluster. I am not promoting using harsh chemicals but i am promoting emerge cy care for those not as bblessed as other and gad these mites. But the active ingredient in avid is used in ppultry and esible crops as u can see here

Screenshot 20171010 154241

sixstring

sixstring

For the record i am against just slraying harsh chemicals as an easy way to grow believe me i use compost teas and topdress and everytjing but when it cones to a situation of loosing everyrhing i yse it. I saw russet damage in my dep hoop in july so i sprayed my fullterms thru july and was blessed to have healthy plants. My nextdoor neighbor no bullshit lost more then half and even his saved half looks and snells lackluster. I am not promoting using harsh chemicals but i am promoting emerge cy care for those not as bblessed as other and gad these mites. But the active ingredient in avid is used in ppultry and esible crops as u can see here

View attachment 748961
your chart goes right from milk to nut tree,wonder why they skipped marijuana ? or maybe you can show us on the nifty chart where it says safe for smoking or cumbustables lol.im just a closet grower certified by the state of michigan to spray chems ON TREES ,SHRUBS,AND TURFGRASS not pot.your building a good case for yourself as someone not to take advice from redlife.its too bad you wont drop this chems are good shit because you have a good lookin grow.but now that you rambled on about how safe chems are i have to assume theres nothing you wont spray to turn a profit and would not touch any of your product with a 10 foot pole.98% of us are here to learn how to grow our own meds because we want to aviod shit chem crops.you expect me to grow like that for my medical patients with serious health issues? some of my people are pretty bad off,i cant imagine doing that to myself or anyone i know. i want you to show me some tests where they heated the chems to 500-700f and inhaled them like when we smoke pot.they assume you will wash your veggies before you cook/eat them.we dont grow potatoes,its a weed site.if you woulda kept it to spray your mothers and take cuts and grow the cuts i would be ok with it,but you go on to say shit like i sprayed my op in june/july whatever and my neighbors are spraying it 2 weeks ago....worst growing advice EVER .im trying to go easy here and not use some of my favorite names only because im a mod now. im tryin ringo,im tryin real hard to be the shepherd.. but its been a tough few pages here haha.please lets drop the chem talk

R

redlife215

Lol when u guys get russet mites ull sing a different tune. Believe me ive talked to hard headed assholes like u before and they always switch up when threir okants are dying.

R

redlife215

O no @sixstring u wont snoke my weed? What will i ever do with my life. O yeah make 100s of 1000s this year cys my crop is still alive and looks better then most ur shit i ever seen grown. Def not makong it seem ok to use harsh chems but i am trying to give u a realistic idea of the real danger which is very slim in comparison to loosing a years worth of work. So u guys say that u should nus let yr crop die cus u are so agaunst chem and u @OrganicPro def dont wanna mention ipm for 1 they dont work with russets no matter what u use or how preventative u get and for 2 u had infested gh pics lol and ur jus a worker u would do whatever ur boss syas lol and ur weed looks shitty anyway so have fun trying to sell that this season especually with all tgat smoke in ukiah ur weed will smell like a campfure lol.

Top Bottom