Thoughts On My Diy Undercurrent System?

• Thread starter YooperGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
YooperGrower

YooperGrower

(Sorry as my grow room is in dis-array from building and harvesting)

This is my first ever post on Thcfarmer, I've already gained knowledge frost this site, thank you!

So this will be my fourth undercurrent system I've built. I've been doing deep water culture since I've moved and can't wait to do the undercurrent again. Unfortunately, I can't spend tons of money on a current culture system. So I made my own that I believe should do the job

First off, height is an issue is this area (6ft) so I went with smaller 5 gal buckets, I will be vegging for shorter periods so that shouldn't be a problem.
I will have a chiller in a month that, in the mean time. I've heard pool shock will work instead of getting raped on bottled nutes?
Filter will be in next week.
I have a mix of air discs and current culture air diffusers.
Smaller net pots (held down by velcro. Not light intruding)
700 gal/hr recirc pump. And a 65 gallon reservoir.
Drain line I built that goes to my drain.

Just wondering if anyone has any pointers out there.
Btw, this costs me roughly 700 to build, give or take 50$

Once I get all the hoses and everything set back up and running in the next week, I plan to follow with a grow log.
Hope to hear back from yous!

Thoughts on my diy undercurrent system
Thoughts on my diy undercurrent system 2
Thoughts on my diy undercurrent system 3
Thoughts on my diy undercurrent system 4
Thoughts on my diy undercurrent system 5
Thoughts on my diy undercurrent system 6
Thoughts on my diy undercurrent system 7
Thoughts on my diy undercurrent system 8

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

This is my first ever post on Thcfarmer, I've already gained knowledge frost this site, thank you!

So this will be my fourth undercurrent system I've built. I've been doing deep water culture since I've moved and can't wait to do the undercurrent again. Unfortunately, I can't spend tons of money on a current culture system. So I made my own that I believe should do the job

First off, height is an issue is this area (6ft) so I went with smaller 5 gal buckets, I will be vegging for shorter periods so that shouldn't be a problem.
I will have a chiller in a month that, in the mean time. I've heard pool shock will work instead of getting raped on bottled nutes?

Once I get all the hoses and everything set back up and running in the next week, I plan to follow with a grow log.

View attachment 746093 View attachment 746094 View attachment 746095 View attachment 746096 View attachment 746097 View attachment 746098 View attachment 746099 View attachment 746100
I think it looks excellent!
Awesome Job!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 746093 View attachment 746094 View attachment 746095 View attachment 746096 View attachment 746097 View attachment 746098 View attachment 746099 View attachment 746100
And stop on by my thread any time to hang out..
We usually ramble for hrs about everything,
including the UC....

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/event-horizans-playland.82884/page-437#post-2009660

YooperGrower

YooperGrower

indeed welcome and looks like a sweet setup... one day i will have space to run something that size.... (sigh)
Thanks whitebob! Personally I wish my ceilings were higher. But I'm still managing to pull 3-6 oz per plant depending on the strain.
I still can't believe how much cheaper I built this for, but then again i don't have every accessory that comes with the current culture undercurrents

whitebob

whitebob

Thanks whitebob! Personally I wish my ceilings were higher. But I'm still managing to pull 3-6 oz per plant depending on the strain.
I still can't believe how much cheaper I built this for, but then again i don't have every accessory that comes with the current culture undercurrents
how high are your ceilings? I've got 6 ft max in the middle down to something like 4 ft on the sides. about 2m square floor.(I'm in a loft) are you scrogging this run or do you practice any other methods..?

YooperGrower

YooperGrower

I'd say my ceilings are about 5'10" as I'm 6'0 and have to bend my head to walk in there.
I'm thinking of using some trellis netting this grow, and going spread them more hoziontaly and fill up as much space as possible without sacrificing too much height.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'd say my ceilings are about 5'10" as I'm 6'0 and have to bend my head to walk in there.
I'm thinking of using some trellis netting this grow, and going spread them more hoziontaly and fill up as much space as possible without sacrificing too much height.
Thats what i have to..
6'
And i scrog horizontally..

YooperGrower

YooperGrower

Well so far not too bad considering haha, unfortunately I had to go straight from cloner into my flower room, but im just vegging with the hps 400 for now. Im in the process of getting a flood table in the veg room

That aside, I am having one issue with a couple of some of the fan leaves flipping the edges up, I put some more cal mag (17ml) in yesterday and checked it a few hours later and it seems to have even went down. So I'm hoping that's all it was.

pH was swinging to 6.5 first four days, I adjusted it once on the second day and once on the fourth day and it's now staying at 6.0
Am not running ro until hopefully sometime middle of next month.
Ppm at 410 (500 scale) too high for undercurrent? No burn whatsoever
But I see people running lower
Currently on day 8
20171016 214102
20171016 214142
20171016 214014
20171016 214221

20171016 213842

YooperGrower

YooperGrower

That's what I thought, I've just never experienced this leaf flipping. This is also my first grow also foliar feeding, as I don't trust running the kelp I have been using in this system. Wonder if I'm drenching them too much. Will update soon!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

That's what I thought, I've just never experienced this leaf flipping. This is also my first grow also foliar feeding, as I don't trust running the kelp I have been using in this system. Wonder if I'm drenching them too much. Will update soon!
It kinda looks like you have low rh and maybe a little high canopy temps.
Do u have a laser temp gauge?

YooperGrower

YooperGrower

It kinda looks like you have low rh and maybe a little high canopy temps.
Do u have a laser temp gauge?
I do but my brother has it for his oil ATM, I will get it later today and update.
Humidity is only at 45
Temps in the room are good from the probe readings. I think I'm overworrying a little ass situation haha

Top Bottom