Time For Me To Decide, Quantum Boards Or Cobs For My New 2500sq/ft Grow

• Thread starter Str8Savage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Str8Savage

I've been out of the game for a minute and am on information overload right now. I grew for over 5 years but had to stop about 6 years ago and I am getting back into it. I have been working on the floor plans for my new 2500 sq/ft warehouse and have been overly researching which lighting is best nowadays for my veg and flower rooms. It appears to not be as simple as the HPS/MH anymore.

So from the countless hours of researching it seems like Quantum Boards seem to be the light setup of choice so that is what I am leaning towards but would like to hear opinions from you all that have been using them.

My plan is to build a custom row of quantum boards for each row in each of my flower rooms. I am just not sure the best way to go about this. What are the best quantum boards that are out right now? Right now I am leaning towards Horticulture Lighting Group 4x QB132 Quantum Boards (2700K) based off what I have seen during my research. Not so much concerned about the price as I am the quality and the results these lights will have.

I have also heard really good things about COB lighting even though to my understanding they are very similiar styles of lighting. If i were to go this route I have heard really good things about the Optic 8+. Also considering combining these two different lights.

Another idea I had was to put Quantum boards in one of my flower rooms and COB lighting in another and see what happens.

I am ready to pull the trigger on these but I wanted to bounce my thoughts off you guys before I do so thank you in advance to anyone to takes the time out of their day to give me their input. I truly do appreciate it.

B

Burned Haze

Timber Led( they have both cob’s and quantum boards, qbs are just out of stock right now I think) :Timber fatty’s vs and ask for owner (Dan ) and he will be able to do a custom range of spectrum or give you best advice for your room and square footage.

If it was me I would do the lights cob sprectrum since the fatty vs has ( 9 ) cob’s (5) 3000k, (3) 3500, (1) 1750k right in the middle and ask if he can make that specific cob dimmable seperate than the other cob’s ( so you could have it be 100% at last few weeks and dimmed and beg weeks). Since that company is assembling the led’s After you buy them, if you need a certain sizing I’m sure you could even convince them to fit your needs and grow room demands.

I’m running (2) 630w Red VS, (2) 900w fatty vs and I must say they are just as good or better than the spydrx plus (4 and they are 1500 a piece ) and most def better than my previous rounded nanoulux de’s I used I run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom