Timers For Intake N Exhaust Fans....

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

what do most of you guys have yours set at?

Do u run both 24/7...? Intake 12hr, exhaust 18/22hr??

I was using a shit 4" 80 cfm blower fan that broke in 12 days. I now have a low noise 6", 185 cfm to replace it

Was think of setting it on every half hr, then off for a half hr...

So running it 12hrs a day total, 30 min on, then 30 min off. I have a 4" hole into my next room for it to pull and another 2.75 inch hole close to it. (Carpentary isn't my best skill)

Exhaust, on 22hr a day, 4 - 30 min breaks during the night.

But I will make sure to have the intake on during those times.

Lmk your guys thoughts....

xenon730

xenon730

I run mine 247. Even if using cool tubes but i tend to run my rooms with a single exhaust off the cooltube. Ive never really ran them on timers for an extended period of time, but in my experience the constant on off makes them break much quicker than just leaving it on 247.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I run my exhaust and intake 24/7 but my in room osc. fans are 12/12 on with lights.
I run mine 247. Even if using cool tubes but i tend to run my rooms with a single exhaust off the cooltube. Ive never really ran them on timers for an extended period of time, but in my experience the constant on off makes them break much quicker than just leaving it on 247.
I have to agree with xenon, the more on/off cycles, the quicker they blow.

Monster762

Monster762

Yup always running no timer necessary You don't want airflow to stop. Keep fresh air. Maybe on a co2 setup it might benefit from stopping but I use homemade co2 and run intake and exhaust 24/7

Polar510

Polar510

Yup always running no timer necessary You don't want airflow to stop. Keep fresh air. Maybe on a co2 setup it might benefit from stopping but I use homemade co2 and run intake and exhaust 24/7
What are You using for c02?

Monster762

Monster762

I just do the yeast and sugar deal feeding from 5 gal bucket through a tube. I throw a pound sugar in hot water break it down then add cool water until little over half full close the lid(got to have lid) stir in medicine cup of I didn't say you had to do it but the only way James can do school. And no all you had to say was no. But you added Xtra shit. tube comes out of soft spot on lid sealed tight. I replace once a week. So cost me $2.00 a week. Co2 is heavy so it don't get sucked out by exhaust too quick if exhaust is at top of room.

Monster762

Monster762

I just do the yeast and sugar deal feeding from 5 gal bucket through a tube. I throw a pound sugar in hot water break it down then add cool water until little over half full close the lid(got to have lid) stir in medicine cup of I didn't say you had to do it but the only way James can do school. And no all you had to say was no. But you added Xtra shit. tube comes out of soft spot on lid sealed tight. I replace once a week. So cost me $2.00 a week. Co2 is heavy so it don't get sucked out by exhaust too quick if exhaust is at top of room.
Post got all screwed up. I put medicine cup of yeast in bucket stir good then close lid. The byproduct of making alcohol is co2.

Monster762

Monster762

I don't really think co2 is necessary in my spot but for $2 a week it can't hurt. No regulator needed it's just a low boost of co2 not like an air tank setup. Plants do seem to like it. I'm pull the tube during dark cause in dark plants want oxygen again.

Polar510

Polar510

I don't really think co2 is necessary in my spot but for $2 a week it can't hurt. No regulator needed it's just a low boost of co2 not like an air tank setup. Plants do seem to like it. I'm pull the tube during dark cause in dark plants want oxygen again.
Thanks ,
Yeah cant really beat $2 a week. Like You said not a tank but better then nothing right!

Monster762

Monster762

Oh the yeast is on amazon. But keep in airtight container or it dies. Active yeast. I bought 2 lbs for $10. Those little packets aren't enough and not cost effective.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

So 24/7 for both is the consensus....???

I'll using the timers for my desk fans than. They don't need to run 24/7.

Are the c02 bags a waste? I only have a 3.5 x 4.5 floor footprint

I do have 7.5 ceilings, but the room is maxed with 4 fatter ladies.

Monster762

Monster762

So 24/7 for both is the consensus....???

I'll using the timers for my desk fans than. They don't need to run 24/7.

Are the c02 bags a waste? I only have a 3.5 x 4.5 floor footprint

I do have 7.5 ceilings, but the room is maxed with 4 fatter ladies.
Waste

Monster762

Monster762

Look above that is a cheap method. Read reviews on the bags. People actually hooked meters up and if you're lucky enough to get one that works at all it is very minimal.

Monster762

Monster762

The real way is a tank and regulator. But if you just want to know that it's better than normal air push the yeast n sugar. I have 3 pretty nice plants and they love it. Only during lights on though as long as you have solid airflow of fresh air shouldn't need it but according to studies more co2 helps photosynthesis. Which only happens when lights are on. I have 4x4 9 ft ceilings and did notice plants like it so it must do something. Google way to create co2. I just stepped up the method to larger tank. More output.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Okay.

Adding a 5 gal bucket would take up the area for 1 smaller or half a big lady. So just trying to maximize the space I have.

Hoping for better temps with the real intake fan vs the pos blower I had.

Top Bottom