Timers For Intake N Exhaust Fans....

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Polar510

Polar510

@CBDfutute4
Sorry bro didn't mean to hijack Your thread.
That's a nice space looking forward to see what You do with it!

Monster762

Monster762

Nice!
Im running
Canna a&b
Molasses
Foliar with raw silica
And pk13/14
I also cut calmag into flower.
Do You think rhino skin would be better absorption over a raw silica foliar?
Not sure. I use it in the soil nothing as foliar. I want no moisture near buds.

Monster762

Monster762

Can u let me know a bit more about the setup?

The closet I'm using is just one of 4 basement closets.

But the room is also the man cave/2nd living room/ where I go when I'm ready to fill out divorce paperwork n blow trees

The deal with the warrden was that everything must be in the closet and in the dead/free space where all my hvac supply n returns are. (Between one closet n another, behind drywall)

So the left closet is the grow. Right one is where I run my exhaust. That closet has French slotted doors n a tiny fan to get the hot air out. It's only 13ft away from my grow closet, but my intake is on the other side of my grow so its really 20ft from my exhaust.

I exhaust n pull air in from the same room, but it's big and a tri level house so it stays cooler down there. 22 x 14 x 7.5

I keep the ac at 76. It's about 73 down there with the air at 76. In closet, 81-85 lights on, 76/74 lights off. Just started flowering, 3 days in. 5.5wks of veg cuz of low lighting n higher heat.

So how could I make a setup like that in my 2.2ft hi dead space area. ??
Honestly I did it on a wing. I ordered seeds not knowing if I'd even get them in USA. Then I was so excited when I got them I put some straight in jiffy pellets. I didn't have a room to put them in. No flower pots nothing. So when 100% of the seeds popped up I rushed it. Got shit from construction site to make floor raised so pots didn't sit on solid ground. And to pull intake from underneath. And just kept adding to it. Your space is nice. I wish I had room like that. Your ideas are right on too. I pull intake from ground level then exhaust from top cause heat rises and cool air sits low. So pull in cool air n send hot out. The 2.2 ft space is like a 1 plant spot. Your big spaces I would run hps in a heartbeat. Cool tube hoods 6-8 inch inline fan pushing through moth balls and straight outside. Pallets make good floor raiser but I got lucky n they were scrapping this fancy ceiling paneling. I raised it just high enough for oscillating fan to not rub it. I built removeable wall to enclose the room. The bottom is open to the adjacent air conditioned room. Intake inline pulls at floor level. Straight into the oscillating fan which then blows it around room at slightly upward angle. Then the exhaust takes it out from top opposite side of room. It goes straight out through the attic. I have paint strainer bag full of moth balls in the duct so only that smell makes it out. I'm not sure what you're asking really about the room. Sorry it took so long got 2 yr old driving me crazy.

IMG 0534
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

So ur running intake and exaust 24/7 as well as air conditioning and co2?

Do u burn dollar bills to heat ur grow rm in the winter too? Haha

I have 3 rooms, clone/preveg, veg, flower. Son I have many fan setups. I did go from 900 to 560 average. But i dropped 3600hps/mh to 2200cmh.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Up close. Few ft back. The exhaust run, one closet then the next

Now someone answer these dam ?" Fuck the hi jack lol

IMG 1398
IMG 1400
IMG 1401
IMG 1402
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Fix the light leak

Exhaust should always be at the top of the room. Heat rises, cold air sinks.

Insulate the duct work. It will drop ambient temps some.

And chill out. We'll gladly help, but expect a little side banter.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

No light leak. I just opened the door.

Took pics with just the light leak lighting up the room

Idk if you can see it but the ductwork is insulated & runs to the top of the room

I just have some non insulated running in between. 5ft insulated running up off the intake side of the fan. 5ft running off it exhaust end into next room. Then 5ft non insulated into the last 3ft insulated to make sure my exhaust point is as quiet as can be.

I'm chill man. On an Optimus prime indica

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

N I learn quite a bit from the side talk. I'm in my first run, u guys have real experience

Dan789

Dan789

So 24/7 for both is the consensus....???

I'll using the timers for my desk fans than. They don't need to run 24/7.

Are the c02 bags a waste? I only have a 3.5 x 4.5 floor footprint

I do have 7.5 ceilings, but the room is maxed with 4 fatter ladies.
I tried timers, cycling on/off for exhaust fans, end result... PM. 24/7 from now on. Fans don't draw shit for wattage, and it's cheap insurance.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I tried timers, cycling on/off for exhaust fans, end result... PM. 24/7 from now on. Fans don't draw shit for wattage, and it's cheap insurance.

Even a 6" can fan?? 335cfm..??

Plus a 2nd 6" low noise 175cfm?? My ele bill spiked a good 25% since things started. Trying to keep it down somewhat

Dan789

Dan789

Absolutely 24/7; my 6" max fan uses 48 watts, for the whole 24 hours that's only 1152 or 1.15 kWh. (On low speed). PS I'm exhausting two 4x4 tents with that.
If you run it for 16 weeks, 8 veg, 8 bloom it will only add $21.93 for electricity, (I am basing that on $.17/kWh, if your not in California you probably pay less).
Question, if you don't run it how much does it cost to fight PM, and how much of your harvest is lost in the process? How much is a good crop worth?
My last run total electricity costs were $356. Last time at the dispensary I could buy a no history top shelf oz for that same $350.
Another thing, you could move that fan and charcoal filter out of the room to give you a little more space. What's the second inline fan for?

Last edited:
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

2nd fan is for intake now. 6"

I had a blower for a boat lying around, well I got it free from a marina my bro n I are tight with. I was using it, I knew it would be short lived.

So that was my previous intake fan. I have to run my main fan on hi always to keep up with the heat. I was just trying to get away not having to use both on 85%+ 24/7....but now it seems it's worth my money n time.

But I hope once I'm running the intake fan 24/7, I could move down the main fan from #3 speed to #2. I don't even have s charcoal filter in there yet. So I'm worried about how much flow i will lose from that.

But I think my flow losses from the filter will be made up from the extra 100 cfms from the bigger/better intake fan tho....

it's hard to judge everything that will happen airflow wise with my coming adjustments

Moving the fan into my dead space would make it a bitch to get to all the time. since my garden grows in size, I add one or two more plants,- I change the lighting setup, etc. a never ending soga basically I need somewhat ez access to it. So that's why I have it where I do.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

In short, I want to make sure I can keep up airflow once I have a charcoal on my ducting, would like to run my fans at 70% instead of 100%(24/7 now after advice) wondering what the extra 100cfm will do on the intake side for temps?

I guess time will tell on the 70 vs 100%

N how could I setup a yeast/sugar c02 setup in my run / dead space area.

Top Bottom