Tincture From Oil Problem

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I generally make oil out of small buds using 190 proof everclear. Tried reabsorbing some of the oil into brandy but it wont recombe completely. What am I doing wrong?

King Julien

King Julien

I generally make oil out of small buds using 190 proof everclear. Tried reabsorbing some of the oil into brandy but it wont recombe completely. What am I doing wrong?

Well brandy is usually 30-35% alcohol and so it won't even begin to cut that stuff. 50% starts dissolving but isn't good at it. 70% will work but can take some time. Everclear will just get the job done. Tried cleaning my hands with tequila a couple nights ago after handling plants and all it did was make a grease out of the stuff that I REALLY couldn't get off my hands.

One exception. When I tried cleaning out my vape elbow piece after not using it for a year the oil built up in it had turned hard as a rock. Could not dissolve it, not even in warm everclear while being stirred for a long time. Could only heat it and drip it out. Even tried dripping it out hot into some warm everclear and it just turned hard as a rock as soon as it hit the alcohol.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gonna have to let that evap and dey out. Then mix into something else with less water content.

I like diesel 153 proof. It's what I use

R

RikkiBea

I noticed in the package store the other night and on the counter was a few different bottles of flavored moonshine grain alcohol it was like 165 proof, Im looking to make tinctures but would like to add flavor, would something like that be a good subsitute..lol with all these buildings blowing up on the news lately I really prefer the alcohol method over the butane method...

King Julien

King Julien

Looks like your watching judge Judy lol

I noticed in the package store the other night and on the counter was a few different bottles of flavored moonshine grain alcohol it was like 165 proof, Im looking to make tinctures but would like to add flavor, would something like that be a good subsitute..lol with all these buildings blowing up on the news lately I really prefer the alcohol method over the butane method...

Well you certainly don't want to use alcohol with that low of a percentage. It will turn out very green because all of the extra water will pick up extra chlorophyll. 165 is only 82.5% alcohol. Everclear is 190 for 95%. That's a 350% increase in water content and thus undesirable pickups on processing.

Go with Graywolf's suggestion and make a tincture with everclear and then add it to an alcohol more of your liking.

Top Bottom