Tiny Clone Is There Hope?

• Thread starter Garlitz7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Tiny clone is there hope
Hey guys I gotta tiny little clone I pulled off my northern lights plant. I got it just a little into flower. Had one little white pistol on it. I put honey on the open part of the root. It’s been about a 2 weeks since I put it into soil. Today I looked at it and two top flowers are now pointing straight up. Is there hope for it?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would have recommended treating the shoot with a rooting or cloning mixture before re-planting it. I've never used honey so I can't comment on it's use. I would try to get it up to 18 hours or so of light exposure to try to get it back into veg mode. When they re-veg, they grow really bushy for a while.

Horto

Horto

View attachment 841825 Hey guys I gotta tiny little clone I pulled off my northern lights plant. I got it just a little into flower. Had one little white pistol on it. I put honey on the open part of the root. It’s been about a 2 weeks since I put it into soil. Today I looked at it and two top flowers are now pointing straight up. Is there hope for it?

I have a bit of a story about flowering plants and clones.

I had stock that got sick without any backup, so I planted them all outside thinking it was disease.
Logic being that good organic soil and sunlight would clean them up.

The plants stagnated and only grew 1 inch in several months, but slowly greened back up.
I took cuttings from the outside plants to kick of the strain but they just went back into flower under 24/24.

All up these plants went into semi flower hibernation for well over 3months and only started regrowing after planting very small freshly shot cuttings back outside in summer.
I have some ideas how and why this happened, mixture of changing lights and stress.

Reverting plants can take a long time, and your cutting could be half dead for a long time.

I guess I would try about 100ppm seedling mix, and shake to almost dry between.
Or throw the cutting as far away as posible :)

Madbud

Madbud

I’ve used honey but rooting hormone works better. Slip a baggie over it to create some humidity. Aloe juice promotes roots too. Good luck

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Switching from flowering to vegging is a difficult task sometimes. I have had great difficulty getting Indica strains to switch back, especially if they are at the very end of their cycle. Often, after taking off most of the branches for harvest, the plants continued to slowly dry up and die, despite providing food/water/light... some are just bastards and won't revert back. When they DO revert, you typically get a fairly large cluster of new growth that is very bushy and produces a nice yield the 2nd time. As long as it stays alive, I'd keep it going. They usually turn brown and die fairly quickly when it happens...if it seems to be living but not growing much...give it time and it WILL recover. If its going to die, you will know within 2 weeks.

Horto

Horto

I’ve used honey but rooting hormone works better. Slip a baggie over it to create some humidity. Aloe juice promotes roots too. Good luck

I have used natural untreated honey from my neighbour, not sure if treated honey would have the same benefits? Yes, clonex is a lot better.

Top Bottom