Tips On What To Add To Promix? ProMix Amendment Recipe

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yup blindly I learn how to do one then then get talked in to somthing new knowing nothing but don't worrier if u get this its what I have and I can help u then poof they gone so on to the next then like I said I never even really touched dirt before growing I went to the told them this they said buy this and this and boom u going to growing like a pro not knowing they where just trying to sell me a bunch of stuff

I read the forums before I started and had never watered a plant. The forums were full of contradiction and people with stunted plants giving instructions as much as good growers actually trying to help.

You have to know which is which.

I read the Grow bible. Did what it said. Had a few problems. Leached and re fed and grew a pound of pretty awesome northern lights the first time in a 4x4 tent with a 600 hps.

I did not bother to post online for almost 3 more years of growing. How could I contribute if I didn't know what I was doing?

But that is how it is on a public forum.

Best beginner Grow site for a guide although I don't agree with everything there anymore is Grow weed easy.

Best book in my opinion is ed rosenthals.

Online the best growing info still is not in the cannabis industry but food and flower Greenhouse production sites and even the pro mix site I linked explains every detail of you look around.

And I searched for growing fast flowering annuals in containers and things like that.

We either catch on or we don't. Every room and Grow are different. You have to be able to manage your own garden. No one can hold your hand. Unless you have a mentor with you there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I started with roots organic then coco loco sunshine mix ffof ffhf now pro mix and im betting Im forgetting a brand or 3

Medium does not matter at all you have to learn to use them in your environment regardless.

I have used the same stuff for years. Practice is the way to success. Not quick fixes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

im sorry I could not get u my water report for u all ready I been looking and cant fine jack I live in the wood in the mid of no where

think I said it in other post I have been using the same water hole time I have had plants grow great then goes to crap

most time its 3-4 weeks in to flower like im starting to get now on my older planters this is the first time I have ever had a problem in veg then room it all went to shit

That is when everyone has problems. The plant is under the most stress then and has the highest level of needs.

And that is why you need to understand its nutrient needs and how to manage containers.

There are water test kits online too.

I am sorry I couldn't help you. I have given you more information than I used to learn this. I have no more until you know how to grow.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

when I first started growing I did not use a website for a long time like I said I don't trust skynet
I knew of forums only seen book

ps u having a hard day bud u seem ticked off for something u can see Im trying with off the test and bs im doing

u need to chat in pm get something off your mind??

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Medium does not matter at all you have to learn to use them in your environment regardless.

I have used the same stuff for years. Practice is the way to success. Not quick fixes.
I was saying how many times I have blindly done as people told me

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

when I first started growing I did not use a website for a long time like I said I don't trust skynet
I knew of forums only seen book

ps u having a hard day bud u seem ticked off for something u can see Im trying with off the test and bs im doing

u need to chat in pm get something off your mind??

No I'm busy with my own garden and we are going around and around with you asking more questions like you don't get it.

I just come on here to kill time and chat while I work alone at night.

I didn't mean to sound testy. I want you to understand that unless you get it yourself it will keep going this way.

I have read everything I linked many times. And again at each problem. I didn't ask anyone for help.

Once I had a good idea how it all works. Takes at least 3 complete Grows. I contacted the breeder for tips on his strains and that is where I was told ph down was the issue of yellowing.

It is not always obvious. But when he told me. Rather than blindly following his orders I learned more about water quality and how it effects the medium.

I don't know how else to help.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

No I'm busy with my own garden and we are going around and around with you asking more questions like you don't get it.

I just come on here to kill time and chat while I work alone at night.

I didn't mean to sound testy. I want you to understand that unless you get it yourself it will keep going this way.

I have read everything I linked many times. And again at each problem. I didn't ask anyone for help.

Once I had a good idea how it all works. Takes at least 3 complete Grows. I contacted the breeder for tips on his strains and that is where I was told ph down was the issue of yellowing.

It is not always obvious. But when he told me. Rather than blindly following his orders I learned more about water quality and how it effects the medium.

I don't know how else to help.
I did not blindly follow u tested the water then the soil then water in soil then nute in water then in water

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

That is exactly where you went wrong is what I am trying to say.
yah I know that is my problem been saying that over n over I had no clue what I was doing so if u show me a pic of a full room of bud and 15k likes on your post im going to think they know what they are talking about

but now I know triple check every thing any one says

if I was not getting it I would of just pasted u by and keep using ph up or down but I not I cut it all out

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yah I know that is my problem been saying that over n over I had no clue what I was doing so if u show me a pic of a full room of bud and 15k likes on your post im going to think they know what they are talking about

but now I know triple check every thing any one says

if I was not getting it I would of just pasted u by and keep using ph up or down but I not I cut it all out

One of the biggest problems is that once a plant starts growing deficient it is very difficult to reverse if it gets too far as the longer it is sick the weaker it gets. So even if you figure out what to do all you can really do is nurse them to harvest and try again.

I am glad it the not ph'ing helps. It was my main problem in the beginning.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

One of the biggest problems is that once a plant starts growing deficient it is very difficult to reverse if it gets too far as the longer it is sick the weaker it gets. So even if you figure out what to do all you can really do is nurse them to harvest and try again.

I am glad it the not ph'ing helps. It was my main problem in the beginning.
one of the only things other then the water is the ph up n down I been using the hole time when I first started I used both at the same time then found out it can f them up to use both at the same time

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

one of the only things other then the water is the ph up n down I been using the hole time when I first started I used both at the same time then found out it can f them up to use both at the same time

I thought you were using earth juice. No ph adjustment recomended for full organic nutes.

its really a chemical hydro thing.

The lime in the soil buffers the ph of water.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I thought you were using earth juice. No ph adjustment recomended for full organic nutes.

its really a chemical hydro thing.

The lime in the soil buffers the ph of water.

I heard that before but was not sure

bc when I use earth juice the ph would go down to 4.1 and that just freaked me out I really did not under stand I feel now I have more of a grip on what lime does and how it really works

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

also seen tones of people on here tell me I need to bubble it or let it set for days then some said never bubble just add right in had tones of different ansers and not knowing I went with the over all info

I have spent so much money on dumb shit I now see this big time

no amount of money could make up for exp

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

also seen tones of people on here tell me I need to bubble it or let it set for days then some said never bubble just add right in had tones of different ansers and not knowing I went with the over all info

I have spent so much money on dumb shit I now see this big time

no amount of money could make up for exp

Why not follow the directions and tips on their website? I've never used it but growers have reported they are very helpful if you contact them.

And it's not just the lime but with organics the biology in the pot breaks down the food too and interacts with the plant in a simbiotic relationship and the ph is not an issue there either.

With lime and peat and water it is all about alkalinity. How hard the water is.

About experience I had an owner I worked for in sales that always said.

Some people have 20 yrs experience. Others have one year of experience and repeat it twenty times.

Get what I mean?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

yah I got u over n over u keep saying it I cant grow I know this I CANT GROW why u think im still here its not like I am showing off with my dead plants

i did get a hold of them said to let it bubble for 24-48hours to try and bring up if not then use a ph up or down they had a brand they want u to use or u can just dump it on your plant bc u should not have to ph but if u don't have to ph why the heck they selling me a ph up or down

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

ok so I think I found it on line the water report but for real have not much of a clue how to read it I did find
water hardness is 114 ppm
The federal drinking water
standard for nitrate is 10 ppm
average was 3.14 ppm.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

YES I KNOW ITS SAYS 2016 they said the new report is not out yet
Alkalinity 2016 NA ppm 29 19 - 53

Ammonia (as N) 2016 NA ppm 0.12 0.04 - 0.27
Calcium 2016 NA ppm 41.0 34.3 - 47.9
Cryptosporidium 2016 NA oocysts/L 0.075 <0.100 - 0.300
Giardia 2016 NA cysts/L 0.171 <0.100 - 0.90
Magnesium 2016 NA ppm 4.81 3.62 - 6.55
pH 2016 NA s.u. 9.9 9.2 - 10.3
Sodium 2016 NA ppm 56.9 32.7 - 69.4
Sulfate 2016 NA ppm 171 95 - 234
Total Hardness (as CaCO3)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

yah I got u over n over u keep saying it I cant grow I know this I CANT GROW why u think im still here its not like I am showing off with my dead plants

i did get a hold of them said to let it bubble for 24-48hours to try and bring up if not then use a ph up or down they had a brand they want u to use or u can just dump it on your plant bc u should not have to ph but if u don't have to ph why the heck they selling me a ph up or down

You can grow. But you have to learn about plants and basic gardening first is all I'm saying. If you have no experience like me when I started and no mentor to show you the learning curve is steep.

After a few Grows it starts to all make sense.

I purposely stayed with what I started using so I would get good at it and learn just that method.

I searched for Grow diaries when I first went online way before I had an account and watched as growers documented every step.

I only read and tried what I learned I did not ask anyone for immediate help as they can not know all the details of my Grow since I didn't understand everything yet.

So I read to understand why my leaves were yellow and spotty and only then did I take any action with my plants.

And from there I just became a sponge for Grow info.

All of the different things everyone says here apply usually. But to their experience not neccesarily yours. Every Grow and every room are different.

You are frustrated and we all were at some point. Hell I have been pulling my hair out (and I have very little hair left :-)) for a month about my recent calcium deficiency. But the fix turned out to be obvious. As soon as I re read everything about plants and calcium uptake.

Anybody can grow. There is a blind guy I saw on YouTube with a flood table and really nice plants. He has some help obviously but if it can be done blind.....

I am sorry if I discouraged you. I was trying to give you focus. I hope I didn't fail too badly.

Good luck. And you still have one of my favorite user names ever. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom