Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

What's good fellow farmers. Just starting a new thread basically inviting anyone to talk about anything they feel like. I put it into general indoor growing because this will be a general indoor thread. Inviting all to come on over and visit and talk about anything and everything. I will personally include all my current grow into this thread as well. Here is a few pics to get going. Been through hell over the past few months and many of you have helped me whether it be support or advice thank you to all. My current garden both veg and bloom is my best to date. Spirits are high! First pic is a top down shot of alion by pnw roots! Cut was a gift from a bro and I couldn't be happier! These girls are in cyco Coco being fed sensi Coco calimagic and Rootamentary!

Tnelz thread about whatever
Tnelz

Tnelz

Next pic is my stardawg Kate Upton cut in soil. She is one of the nicest girls I currently have. If you notice a few spots on her leaves it's from caps foliar. Great stuff but my straining skills aren't there. Lol. Just a little residue and I have found it doesn't cause any problems and ultimately washes off over time. One of the best products on the market for a million reasons. Much props to cap!
20141008 212635

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Looks nice and healthy! I ll strart things off on your nice thread with a question......
I just left a friends house who has a nice little outdoor grow. As we walk into his garden I look at a haze plant he has and one of the leaves has obvious spider mite damage. I pull out my loupe flip the leaf over and sure enough there are these fat black spider mites and a mess of eggs and they are just starting to tent with webbing, hes on week 6-7 of flower. I put my loupe in my pocket and exit as fast as I can. I have the heebie jeebies and I do this weird dance at my car trying to shake off mites and thier eggs. When I get home I strip at the front door and my clothes go straight into laundry and I shower. My buddy is pissed I didnt stay to asses damage or help him. I told him Id send him links to stuff online to help him? Am I a creep or overreacting?

waayne

waayne

Looks nice and healthy! I ll strart things off on your nice thread with a question......
I just left a friends house who has a nice little outdoor grow. As we walk into his garden I look at a haze plant he has and one of the leaves has obvious spider mite damage. I pull out my loupe flip the leaf over and sure enough there are these fat black spider mites and a mess of eggs and they are just starting to tent with webbing, hes on week 6-7 of flower. I put my loupe in my pocket and exit as fast as I can. I have the heebie jeebies and I do this weird dance at my car trying to shake off mites and thier eggs. When I get home I strip at the front door and my clothes go straight into laundry and I shower. My buddy is pissed I didnt stay to asses damage or help him. I told him Id send him links to stuff online to help him? Am I a creep or overreacting?
@ShroomKing I don't think you're overreacting, just reading your post makes me feel like I need to go shower ,and change clothes.....:eek:
If your buddy has mites ,and knew it and invited you over without telling you about them,.....you might want to look for a new buddy....If he was clueless about the mites,I'd send him links for a loupe, a fogger,and Mighty Wash,No Mites,Azamaz,Concern SC,etc,etc......

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
@ShroomKing I don't think you're overreacting, just reading your post makes me feel like I need to go shower ,and change clothes.....:eek:
If your buddy has mites ,and knew it and invited you over without telling you about them,.....you might want to look for a new buddy....If he was clueless about the mites,I'd send him links for a loupe, a fogger,and Mighty Wash,No Mites,Azamaz,Concern SC,etc,etc......
He was clueless. But Ive told him before to be proactive and he isnt. He asked me what I would do and I said to chop it.

waayne

waayne

He was clueless. But Ive told him before to be proactive and he isnt. He asked me what I would do and I said to chop it.
That's good advice you gave him, hopefully he will appreciate your candid advice......and yeah you're not being a creep at all IMO
From what you've said, it seems he may not be as passionate about growing as you are....
So I doubt he can understand,or fully appreciate why you don't want to expose yourself to mites,and risk an infestation in your own garden.....
I'd send some links to provide info ,and resources,but bottom line is your buddy has to be proactive,and take care of his garden properly...and that's all on him....

Tnelz

Tnelz

@waayne and @ShroomKing pleasure to have u bros here. Bro u don't sound like a creep at all. I also agree with Wayne on being in th very least pissed at ur boy. The person who gave me aphids is no longer around. Lol. Also feel Wayne gave u the same advice I would. U did a good job of decontamination imo. I've never had them thank God. However I spray with mighty wash around once a month just to be safe and a weekly dose of caps foliar. I kind of double dose the foliar pack though. Water it in and spray. I'll tell you u can't ever be to careful!

Tnelz

Tnelz

If he isn't proactive he gets what he deserves. Don't want to sound like a dick but people who do nothing except cross their fingers drive m nuts. Especially outside. And the fact that mighty wash is cheap as hell in the grand scheme of things leaves one with no excuse.

SpiderK

SpiderK

So who is growing outdoors in the midwest ...... ? The rain has been brutal the last few weeks. I bet some peeps are singing the blues ....

I'm covering mine w/5mil for the next 4 days, just a flat sheet across the top so the air flows but no direct rain. (calling 4 rain mon -thur, ... :eek: ) temps in the upper 30's, low 40's at night .. :woot:

They only have 10-14 more days so i can't pull them yet ... but ya, the midwest has been hammered and they are calling for more....

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I've haven't had spider mites yet , but I tell you the ones he had were huge. No scope was really needed. They almost looked like hermit crabs. I scoped all my veg area pretty good and starting to feel better. Thanks guys.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I couldn't agree more @Tnelz
This gig isn't for everyone....;)
Just stopped by ur csi thread. Can't wait to c what u do with those. I was actually gifted a few cornbreads the sour Bubba and another that I can't remember maybe @Power OG will stop by and let us know th third one that we have. In any case ur a true pro and can't wait to see how those turn out.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I've haven't had spider mites yet , but I tell you the ones he had were huge. No scope was really needed. They almost looked like hermit crabs. I scoped all my veg area pretty good and starting to feel better. Thanks guys.
I'd say u will be fine. A squirt of mighty wash would put an explanation point on it though. Ur obviously all over it though. I wouldn't loose sleep over it.

Tnelz

Tnelz

So who is growing outdoors in the midwest ...... ? The rain has been brutal the last few weeks. I bet some peeps are singing the blues ....

I'm covering mine w/5mil for the next 4 days, just a flat sheet across the top so the air flows but no direct rain. (calling 4 rain mon -thur, ... :eek: ) temps in the upper 30's, low 40's at night .. :woot:

They only have 10-14 more days so i can't pull them yet ... but ya, the midwest has been hammered and they are calling for more....

Mother nature can be a real bitch. Please don't tell her I said that though. Lol. Good luck brother!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Just stopped by ur csi thread. Can't wait to c what u do with those. I was actually gifted a few cornbreads the sour Bubba and another that I can't remember maybe @Power OG will stop by and let us know th third one that we have. In any case ur a true pro and can't wait to see how those turn out.
Yeah I got my eye on those cornbread crosses too ! And I agree. Wayne is a pro.

Power OG

Power OG

Bub
Bubs dogbud. Is the other one bro.

Dunge

Dunge

I'd like to play in your sand box.
I'm five weeks into 12/12 on the remainders of a summer seed grow pulled into the basement 6 September.

A free seed named Peshawar (or Malberry) (one on each side in the back) is stretching out of control and the flowers are very spindly. It's growing past and into the lights.
DSCN4160

Pulled a few nanners on a Freezeland,(front left) and cut a few moldy tops off another. Looks almost ready to harvest anyway. Yes, I said five weeks. I checked.

And the beauty of the bunch is my one Sin Mint Cookies.
DSCN4163

Frosty at five! And good size too.

Thanks Tnelz for making a place to put this.

There's a nice Bubba in the back getting covered by the Afgani.
Need to fix that in the morning.

Top Bottom