To Increase Ppm Or Not

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

For the last 7 days my RDWC nutrient solution has had a decrease in ppm, 500 scale, of 20 points per day. I've always been under the impression that a perfect system should lose solution but ppm should stay stable. Everything else is running perfect even having a rise in ph by .02 per day.

Think I should increase my ppm by 100 or so next time I add water?

Polar510

Polar510

The Solution/Nutrients are the ppm in the water.
The ppm decreases as the plant feeds and the ph rises. If You want You can increase ppm every week slightly nothing to drastic, 100 prob fine..
Just make sure to keep the ph in check and you should be ok.

S

Shawnery

So yesterday I upped the EC to 1.5 or 750 PPM from a starting point of 635 PPM and had dropped to 560 PPM. Lucky enough it must have been the right choice for two reasons.

First of all there is the fact that the EC dropped from 1.5 to 1.4 in less then 24hrs. Secondly the plants look super healthy and happy.

Shouldn't I keep raising the EC until it stabilizes and doesn't drop or rise?

The perfect grow from my understanding is dropping water, stable EC and a rising PH, right? The point should be to get to a point where the EC doesn't change at all?

L

linux50

Shawnery,

I think you are missing a key metric in your post. When your PPM dropped, what did your PH do?

It is my opinion that if your PPM drops and your PH rises then you are good.

Anything other than that should be watched closely.

Linux50

S

Shawnery

I just added nutrient solution to raise EC from 1.1 to 1.7 and was originally 1.5. It dropped .4 in a week and is canablizing mature leaves. As soon as my leaves reach full size the plant digests them.

I get that plants absorbing nutrients is completely normal but it should be stable in a perfect system. I've been raising the EC by .1 weekly but I don't think it's enough. The plant shouldn't be consuming large leaves if there's enough nutes, right.

I've been considering raising the EC to 2.4 or 1200 PPM but that's a big swing.

What do you guys think about these two days points and them happening concurrently?

S

Shawnery

Let me ask you a simple question.

If all other factors are equal then is it possible for EC to drop quickly but still be to high?

Wisher619

Wisher619

Let me ask you a simple question.

If all other factors are equal then is it possible for EC to drop quickly but still be to high?
I have a question
did you ever raise those fans so they arent blowin on the plants and giving them windburn?
As for the ec
dont jump that high
when adding back...always bring it up to starting previous and add 200.....so every 2-4 days add until the ppms stabalize
so next add back....judging by how much the ppm dropped before you added back water

say starting you are 1.7
in 3 days you are down 3 gal and you have an ec of 1.5
so you add back the 3 gal and raise the ec to 1.9
check again
say you are now down 3 gal but your ec say 1.8
so add back the 3 gal and raise ec

Top Bottom