To Top, Or Not To Top, That Is The Question?

• Thread starter Dick Terpene
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dick Terpene

Dick Terpene

Hello All,

So, I'm scrogging in an oxypot 4, got 4 HSO Blue Dream in it, screen is 9 in above lid of oxypot.

Do I top??

Or do I just tuck??

Feel free to take a look at my Grow Diary!

TIA!

S

Shawnery

Both!
First top. Double or quadruple the number of tops
Then tuck. Send up the secondary buds from all those tops.

Aloha,
Weeze

I am new so I'm am sure I am wrong but I have been reading like I'm in college for this shit.

The whole point of topping is to split the main cola as often as possible within reason to increase the surface area of the plant that recieves full lumins, correct?

Even though there is some advantages of topping and scrogging is there not a give and take in terms of the plant recuperating from the topping?

Since with a scrog you are by default evenning out the surface area by way of the net, is it as beneficial when you take into account time lost by topping that could be used towards lateral growth?

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

"is it as beneficial when you take into account time lost by topping that could be used towards lateral growth?"

There is a trade off, but topping at least twice will still increase yield. Done carefully little time is lost and many bud sites are gained.
I once tried to scrog with no topping at all, and found that the stems got too thick for easy tucking.
Now that I flower outdoors, I still need to FIM because my greenhouse has a roof at 7 feet.

Aloha,
Weeze

Top Bottom