Tobacco Mosaic Virus

• Thread starter 1.6perlight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bigbuds27

Any leaf curling? Like 90° right or left from the center of the leaf? Not the entire leaf but one or two of the leaflets? Looks like tmv for certain. Some strains continue just fine, others slow down tremendously, some aren't effected at all. I live with it. It's in the grow op and I doubt I can rid it any way. I picked up 50 clones, less than half of them contracted it. Good luck!

Yes the odd leaf and it's like bits of leaf have just disappeared??? I grew them from seed and have spoken to ghs who were quick to blame me, over water and under watering and nutes and so on... but I've tested run off on number of occasions and all perfect, so is temp and humidity.

B

Bigbuds27

I they have slowed down in the growth rate and all internodes are like mm apart

B

Bigbuds27

I they have slowed down in the growth rate and all internodes are like mm apart.
It's not really an option to isolate them.(space issues)there 4 wks old now so if I have to pull them, I'd like to do it sooner rather then later

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If the growth is slow, then you may want to pop some more beans, just to be safe.
So it could be?? TMV I got other strains I done same time and all fine it's just 2 doctors?
Mosaic viruses (notice that I'm not calling it tobacco specifically, because I don't know if it is TMV) will cause variegation like that. It also causes leaf twisting, as toquer says, and in fact my experience is much as toquer's, although I've never actually had a plant stall and do nothing when it's shown that.
Yes the odd leaf and it's like bits of leaf have just disappeared??? I grew them from seed and have spoken to ghs who were quick to blame me, over water and under watering and nutes and so on... but I've tested run off on number of occasions and all perfect, so is temp and humidity.
No aspect of husbandry is known to cause what you're observing.

B

Bigbuds27

If the growth is slow, then you may want to pop some more beans, just to be safe.

Mosaic viruses (notice that I'm not calling it tobacco specifically, because I don't know if it is TMV) will cause variegation like that. It also causes leaf twisting, as toquer says, and in fact my experience is much as toquer's, although I've never actually had a plant stall and do nothing when it's shown that.

No aspect of husbandry is known to cause what you're observing.

My other thought was genetic

B

Bigbuds27

I personally think it's not, I'm not expert but all research I done over the last 2 wks makes me think no.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My other thought was genetic
Yes, that's why I suggested also "sports" similar to what we now have in so many houseplants. From variegation, to curly leaves, to double flowers and so on.
Does this look like a Mosaic Virus to anyone else?
Physically it appears to resemble a mosaic virus to me.

The problem is that we're seeing more and more cannabis showing these... what should they be called? Defects? In some organisms the whitening and lack of coloration is considered a defect, and with some it's not. EG "platinum" percula clownfish.

B

burbburner

Re: What is this? Frustrated Big Time! PLS HELP!!
Community please listen up:

Every time I see someone with these problems experienced growers always reply that it is due to over feeding etc. those are always legit responses, always great things to check. But in reality what I see over and over again is hemp mosaic virus or tobacco mosaic virus. Please please community look into this issue and the characteristics of the virus as it is becoming an incredibly huge epidemic as friends pass it along with cuttings.

In veg you can identify it when:

1) the leaf tip turns almost on a 90 degree angle
2) leaf variegation
3) almost looks a little mutated
4) slower than normal growth rates

If you didn't catch it in veg then here are the characteristics in flower:
1) will normally show it's ugly head in weeks 2 to 4 of flower
2) if you are experienced, they'll will automatically think that something is wrong with your recipe (nothing wrong, it's the virus, only applies to experienced guys)
3) plants will look as if someone literally poured bleach on you tops ( this is why it is usually confused with too high of ppm or over feeding)
4) the plant will try to repair itself and you will think that it will, but you will realize that you were dead wrong in week 5 or 6 ( unfortunately I know from personal experience) took me months to finally identify it.)
5) everyone will tell you at you are over feeding, and I'm not saying that it might not be the case if you are a newbie, but if you've put in your time you should know better.

One of the best solutions is aspirin. Read up on it please guys and learn to identify it at the clone stage.

THIS WILL BE AN EPIDEMIC OTHERWISE..

Dispensaries have it and the people that run the clones ( clone managers) don't even know what it is...most of them dip the rock wool in a common tray so that means if one comes in with it they now all have it...

Think about it:

Harborside has thousands of little guys ( yes I got some infestations from them before), also from organican, ( which blows me away because the lady at Organicann actually knows her shit, she had a couple of mothers that were infected sitting on the counter and even told me so), blows me away that she would have it there with their vast array of little guys. Same with Harborside.

I hope this helps someone to quickly identify and correct the issue. I now assume everything has it and treat them with aspirin from the beginning just as a precaution.

If anyone has any questions hit me up, I wish I had pics of what it looks like but a quick google search will bring some up.

Good luck fam!

lPC

Every time I see someone with these problems experienced growers always reply that it is due to over feeding etc. those are always legit responses, always great things to check. But in reality what I see over and over again is hemp mosaic virus or tobacco mosaic virus. Please please community look into this issue and the characteristics of the virus as it is becoming an incredibly huge epidemic as friends pass it along with cuttings.

2) leaf variegation

2) if you are experienced, they'll will automatically think that something is wrong with your recipe (nothing wrong, it's the virus, only applies to experienced guys)
3) plants will look as if someone literally poured bleach on you tops ( this is why it is usually confused with too high of ppm or over feeding)
4) the plant will try to repair itself and you will think that it will, but you will realize that you were dead wrong in week 5 or 6 ( unfortunately I know from personal experience) took me months to finally identify it.)
5) everyone will tell you at you are over feeding, and I'm not saying that it might not be the case if you are a newbie, but if you've put in your time you should know better.

One of the best solutions is aspirin. Read up on it please guys and learn to identify it at the clone stage.

Dispensaries have it and the people that run the clones ( clone managers) don't even know what it is...most of them dip the rock wool in a common tray so that means if one comes in with it they now all have it...

Think about it:

Harborside has thousands of little guys ( yes I got some infestations from them before), also from organican, ( which blows me away because the lady at Organicann actually knows her shit, she had a couple of mothers that were infected sitting on the counter and even told me so), blows me away that she would have it there with their vast array of little guys. Same with Harborside.

I hope this helps someone to quickly identify and correct the issue. I now assume everything has it and treat them with aspirin from the beginning just as a precaution.

If anyone has any questions hit me up, I wish I had pics of what it looks like but a quick google search will bring some up.

Good luck fam!

lPC
I have been on many boards and I get the same response, nute burn and bugs. I've flushed and used spray but I think this is classic Mosaic Virus, you can see cut or lesions, holes, missing pieces from leaves, bent leaves, dying brown leaves & odd discoloration. What am we do for treatment? I'm trying the aspirin foliar spray right now.

IMG 0935
IMG 3280
IMG 3957
IMG 2402
IMG 4252
IMG 9179

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like a husbandry/feeding issue to me. :)

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
how often do you water? ive had some look like that when they get to dry to often ... or heat. when i put plants in the back of my truck on a hot day, anything touching the metal looks like that.. and i am referring to the black dead leaf

sixstring

sixstring

Well some of those pics look like a bug is chewing on them.i get those dead leaves on some
Plants when i take them from veg to bloom and its below 32f outside because i have to walk them out in the cold for about 45 seconds.

S

stevielyn

2) leaf variegation

Think about it:

Good luck fam!

lPC

Hi

S

stevielyn

2) leaf variegation

Think about it:

Good luck fam!

lPC
hi, help

what ever this is I have it in all stages. I can post pics...On potted clone, my twens and my flowers. Please help me save my charge, I am new new and just started helping out a friend into a rotation.

thx a mill
agent orange
plat blue dream
super silver...all infected

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you've gone through the thread and read about the tobamoviruses, you can't really get rid of it. You can prevent its spread.

V

veda swank

Hi everyone.i have read so many forums about tmv. I haven't found conclusive evidence my plants are suffering. Little background: seeds are from Mtg seeds in northern California. The seeds had a 20% germination rate. Next they were about 80% male. This was ran side by side with my strains I made over 5 years ago and all my seeds popped with 60% fem. The seeds were started indoors and moved out. Very light nutrients until teens in fox farm soil. Since week 4 all plants get fix farm grow 6.4.4. with a small additive every week of micros. ____________

So now I have these plants and they are about 2 months more mature than preflowering. So all together maybe 3½ months old. I have them a massive dose of grow and a few days later I saw this chlorosis. I was wondering if anyone can help Id this issue. Also last week no micros. And super recent spinosad spray for mites and thrips and pillars. As you can see my garden is pretty healthy. Any experience with this?

IMG 20160801 191054105 HDR
IMG 20160801 191100478 HDR
IMG 20160731 182602032
IMG 20160731 182615044
IMG 20160730 180715821 HDR
Last edited:
V

veda swank

Is this t.m.v. I've looked for days on multiple forums and nothing. I found a pic on googled that led me to this thread so I joined in hopes that one of u have the knowledge and patience to help me understand this and what my best option is. 1000 thank you in advance. May love light and an abundance of peace be provided to u and all your loved ones.
Looks like micro def, iron or boron

Latest posts

Top Bottom