Too Much Light?

• Thread starter Stay.gold710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stay.gold710

This is the best i can do at the moment for underneath picture sorry its not great quality

4D62C14B 8BDE 4245 8C2A C87F9F0E04D5
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Im not sure if youre talking about the darkerspots?The dark spots are soil, sorry for the confusion

Yeah, really really hard to see with that pic but I've never seen nutrient problems leave crackling like that in that location. Always been spider mites in my experience. Thrips leave scrape marks and trails, spider mites leave freckles, and broad mites disfigure new growth. Adult spider mites are easy enough to see without a loupe (magnifier) if you have good eyesight.

I'll upload a couple more examples with less magnification so you know what to look for.
20180824 145822
20180920 111305

Sorry, my uploads are taking me a bit cause a storm is interfering with my reception.

S

Stay.gold710

Yeah, really really hard to see with that pic but I've never seen nutrient problems leave crackling like that in that location. Always been spider mites in my experience. Thrips leave scrape marks and trails, spider mites leave freckles, and broad mites disfigure new growth. Adult spider mites are easy enough to see without a loupe (magnifier) if you have good eyesight.

I'll upload a couple more examples with less magnification so you know what to look for.
View attachment 843620 View attachment 843622

Sorry, my uploads are taking me a bit cause a storm is interfering with my reception.

No worries man! Extremely greatful for the help and pictures for sure! Im going to try the azamax aswell. I figure it cant hurt even it is another issue right haha?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

No worries man! Extremely greatful for the help and pictures for sure! Im going to try the azamax aswell. I figure it cant hurt even it is another issue right haha?

No problem, very happy to help.

I've had about a 90%-95% success rate with it on spider mites and thrips. I blame the 5%-10% on the fact that my girls just get reinfested by the local mites.

S

Stay.gold710

...oh, and when you use Azamax watch out for dehydration. My outdoor girls get a bit parched when I use it. I don't know if that'll be a problem indoors under artificial lights.
Just wanted to say thanks again! It is indeed a mite issue. I noticed webs forming already. Just went to local grow shop and picked up azamax to treat and also picked up some safergro pest out

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Just wanted to say thanks again! It is indeed a mite issue. I noticed webs forming already. Just went to local grow shop and picked up azamax to treat and also picked up some safergro pest out

I'm just glad that you're back on track. It really takes the fun out of growing when your girls are gettin all bit up and poisoned. Hope you stick around and do a grow diary.

S

Stay.gold710

I'm just glad that you're back on track. It really takes the fun out of growing when your girls are gettin all bit up and poisoned. Hope you stick around and do a grow diary.
Yeah i hope so man! Im thinking they could have gotten in from a recent christmas tree purchase.. so i managed to give that a spraying as well! Not sure if it was a contender but better safe than sorry right? haha.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah i hope so man! Im thinking they could have gotten in from a recent christmas tree purchase.. so i managed to give that a spraying as well! Not sure if it was a contender but better safe than sorry right? haha.

I guess it's possible. I live in the forest and those little buggers are everywhere. I'm not sure all the things they eat but I know they're even a problem in the wild cause the US Forestry Service has guidlines for control of infestations. I know they're attracted to bright green and certain strains I've grown with that coloring seem to get infested more quickly.

It's also possible one rode in on you or someone else in your house. Maybe even a pet if you have any that go outside. They're more common than most people realise. You just never noticed them because they didn't eat something you cared about yet, hehe. You can't eradicate them all so your best defense is to keep a watchful eye on your girls.

Make sure you understand their life cycle before you plan your application cycle. You need to catch each generation of hatchlings and get the adults before they lay more eggs. I think it's three applications with a 5-9 day spread in between depending on temps. You may have to do several cycles.

Here's what I found on a University of Florida site...

"Spider mite development differs somewhat between species, but a typical life cycle is as follows. The eggs are attached to fine silk webbing and hatch in approximately three days. The life cycle is composed of the egg, the larva, two nymphal stages (protonymph and deutonymph) and the adult. The length of time from egg to adult varies greatly depending on temperature. Under optimum conditions (approximately 80ºF), spider mites complete their development in five to twenty days. There are many overlapping generations per year. The adult female lives two to four weeks and is capable of laying several hundred eggs during her life."

Make sure you spray the bottom of the leaves. Azamax is most effective in direct contact with the mites.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

If you really want to know if they're in your Christmas tree put a piece of fresh bamboo next to it. It should attract them from what I've read.

D

DylonWyatt

I guess it's possible. I live in the forest and those little buggers are everywhere. I'm not sure all the things they eat but I know they're even a problem in the wild cause the US Forestry Service has guidlines for control of infestations. I know they're attracted to bright green and certain strains I've grown with that coloring seem to get infested more quickly.

It's also possible one rode in on you or someone else in your house. Maybe even a pet if you have any that go outside. They're more common than most people realise. You just never noticed them because they didn't eat something you cared about yet, hehe. You can't eradicate them all so your best defense is to keep a watchful eye on your girls.

Make sure you understand their life cycle before you plan your application cycle. You need to catch each generation of hatchlings and get the adults before they lay more eggs. I think it's three applications with a 5-9 day spread in between depending on temps. You may have to do several cycles.

Here's what I found on a University of Florida site...

"Spider mite development differs somewhat between species, but a typical life cycle is as follows. The eggs are attached to fine silk webbing and hatch in approximately three days. The life cycle is composed of the egg, the larva, two nymphal stages (protonymph and deutonymph) and the adult. The length of time from egg to adult varies greatly depending on temperature. Under optimum conditions (approximately 80ºF), spider mites complete their development in five to twenty days. There are many overlapping generations per year. The adult female lives two to four weeks and is capable of laying several hundred eggs during her life."

Make sure you spray the bottom of the leaves. Azamax is most effective in direct contact with the mites.

I understand that there is no point fighting with these bastards? Maybe there is some means of killing spider mites? I would be grateful for the information!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I understand that there is no point fighting with these bastards? Maybe there is some means of killing spider mites? I would be grateful for the information!

Oh, we fight em, but it's to control, not to exterminate. I favor Azamax. About the best I can think of without getting too poisonous. Are you indoor/outdoor? That makes a difference in what you can use.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

If you really want to know if they're in your Christmas tree put a piece of fresh bamboo next to it. It should attract them from what I've read.
Man I’m Scrooge.. never got the point.. just a mess.. kids tho I guess eh. I could just kick Santa in the billiards. Always bugs and shit everywhere and you killed a perfectly good tree and for what!? Couple days of letting it infest your house and you toss it out into the yard till your wife makes you “get rid of it” months later. Then you try n burn it but them green needles blaze like gasoline and now the gazebos on fire sheeeit

D

DylonWyatt

Oh, we fight em, but it's to control, not to exterminate. I favor Azamax. About the best I can think of without getting too poisonous. Are you indoor/outdoor? That makes a difference in what you can use.
Thanks for the answer!
Indoor and outdoor, experimenting to get the best product. Does Azamax use affect the properties and quality of the final product? Doesn't it happen that Azamax destroys more than these bastards?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
20k, sh*t! Is there a Fed permit I don't know about? That's a giant a$$ target where I live, Cali licensed or not. There are operations like that around here but they're not concentrated in one spot and no one openly talks about them.
10 licenses , 1 acre per.. shit tons of weed to be had! Lol. Matter of fact we ever only can do about 8 license worth. It’s just too labor intensive

Latest posts

Top Bottom