Too Much Molasses!!

• Thread starter RoyaltyGrowz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RoyaltyGrowz

RoyaltyGrowz

I'm in the middle of week 5 of flower and decided to start molasses this past week...i researched and found I should only use 1 tablespoon a gallon...2 days after feeding molasses I found my big bud plant leaves droopy and sad!! I decided to check my roots and found them brown and mushy with no smell...i washed the roots as much as possible and cleaned all reservoirs and replaced with ph water and added H2O2...i hope it can bounce back? Anybody else experience this and can assist me? Thanks

RoyaltyGrowz

RoyaltyGrowz

I'm in the middle of week 5 of flower and decided to start molasses this past week...i researched and found I should only use 1 tablespoon a gallon...2 days after feeding molasses I found my big bud plant leaves droopy and sad!! I decided to check my roots and found them brown and mushy with no smell...i washed the roots as much as possible and cleaned all reservoirs and replaced with ph water and added H2O2...i hope it can bounce back? Anybody else experience this and can assist me? Thanks

20171019 135502
Enforcer

Enforcer

Molasses feeds the beneficial bacteria and microbes in soil. It doesn’t really do anything directly for the plant. And as you found out, doesn’t play well with DWC. You’re going to want to use a non-organic sweetener, as I assume that is what you were trying to do.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Molasses increases the brix in plants ,has Iron and other trace elements and feeds the beneficial bacteria in soil. I use it to feed bacteria in guano tea along with using a bubbler. The bacteria breaks down the nitrogen to useable form. I stop using any form of sugars or carbs three weeks into flower.

King Julien

King Julien

I've used it in DWC before and it seemed to do it's job but I also run sterile using calcium hypochlorite, pool shock, every couple of days so even with a carbo load I don't get mush.

I will say that what damage is done is done for the most part. If you baby it it can bounce back to a degree but it definitely slowed it down and hurt final yields.

You might get it under control with H2O2 but my suggestion is my best friend in the DWC world; pool shock. A gram in a gallon of water fed roughly a tablespoon a gallon every day will turn those roots white in no time and if kept up every 2-3 days will keep it from coming back. Just make certain it's calcium hypochlorite and not sodium hypochlorite or you'll salt your plants.

You still shouldn't use molasses in hydro though. Gums stuff up on the best of sterile days.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Wait a couple days with your corrective action, I think you'll be alright. Don't ever add sludge to the mix, dirt etc to your dwc, I'm sure you figured this out. I'm guessing you were trying to use it as a bloom booster. My recommendations; canna pk13/14 in conjunction with gen hydro koolbloom. Or you can use mammoth p, or don't use any bloom boosters at all. fill that bucket up to 2 inches above the net pot until it corrects itself

Top Bottom