Too Much Nitrogen?

• Thread starter 420budz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420budz

420budz

So I have a bit of clawing. Mostly on the darker, larger, older leaves. I read it can be too much heat or nitrogen. What is the cure for this other than just cut back on N. Other than N they're in ocean fox farm. Been in that soil for a while now. Just started clawing a couple days ago. Only thing that has changed is they're now in a grow tent. T5 is about 2ft away.

Too much nitrogen
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Might be the watering schedule their environment has changed try letting them dry out a little. Or it could be just the change in lighting

420budz

420budz

Might be the watering schedule their environment has changed try letting them dry out a little. Or it could be just the change in lighting
@dnewsome2 ok cool. I didn't think I was giving too much N. Might be what you're thinking. Thanks for the info. I'll let them dry out a bit.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

@dnewsome2 ok cool. I didn't think I was giving too much N. Might be what you're thinking. Thanks for the info. I'll let them dry out a bit.
If you just put them under those t5s it might have shocked them just a little. They should get used to it pretty quick.

420budz

420budz

If you just put them under those t5s it might have shocked them just a little. They should get used to it pretty quick.
@dnewsome2 I'm betting you're right. Between the lights and the tent they had a lot change at once.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I might raise the light a little and see how they look the next day.

Smerb

Smerb

So I have a bit of clawing. Mostly on the darker, larger, older leaves. I read it can be too much heat or nitrogen. What is the cure for this other than just cut back on N. Other than N they're in ocean fox farm. Been in that soil for a while now. Just started clawing a couple days ago. Only thing that has changed is they're now in a grow tent. T5 is about 2ft away.
More info on your grow will help. How hot is it in there? Do you water too much or too little? What nutrients are you using? Are they on schedule or have they stressed out at all? These few things can turn your plants sideways if not in the right.

420budz

420budz

More info on your grow will help. How hot is it in there? Do you water too much or too little? What nutrients are you using? Are they on schedule or have they stressed out at all? These few things can turn your plants sideways if not in the right.
@Smerb I water them about every 4 days or so. Only nutrients are Cal mag and nitrogen. The only things that has changed is lighting and now in a grow tent. T5s for lighting.

Smerb

Smerb

@Smerb I water them about every 4 days or so. Only nutrients are Cal mag and nitrogen. The only things that has changed is lighting and now in a grow tent. T5s for lighting.
I can say one thing It seems like your not following any feed chart with just the calmag and N. That is one thing growers miss, a feeding chart or schedule and how much to use. I'd love to help you get things dialed in.

420budz

420budz

I can say one thing It seems like your not following any feed chart with just the calmag and N. That is one thing growers miss, a feeding chart or schedule and how much to use. I'd love to help you get things dialed in.
@Smerb you are 100 % correct. I don't have a schedule. I don't have an exact amount that I feed them. I just water when they seem dry to not over water. I do measure out nutes when I mix them but I don't have a set amount of water that I give them.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

@Smerb you are 100 % correct. I don't have a schedule. I don't have an exact amount that I feed them. I just water when they seem dry to not over water. I do measure out nutes when I mix them but I don't have a set amount of water that I give them.
Post all your details temperatures humidity what you feed when you feed what strain your Growing Seeds or clones go into detail there are a ton of people on here that will give you some excellent help.

Smerb

Smerb

Do you have a 5 gallon bucket? That's your bucket o water to add your nutrients in. Whatever nutrients you are using that company will have a feeding chart.
You don't want to feed a flowering plant the "veg" nutrients. Details would be awesome.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Why are you using calmag? Is your source water RO or purified water.?

420budz

420budz

Do you have a 5 gallon bucket? That's your bucket o water to add your nutrients in. Whatever nutrients you are using that company will have a feeding chart.
You don't want to feed a flowering plant the "veg" nutrients. Details would be awesome.
@Smerb I usually mix my nutes in different containers 1 gallon at a time. The only thing I give my vegging plants are cal mag and nitrogen. The one plant I have in flower right now gets big bud blooming nutes.

Smerb

Smerb

@Smerb I usually mix my nutes in different containers 1 gallon at a time. The only thing I give my vegging plants are cal mag and nitrogen. The one plant I have in flower right now gets big bud blooming nutes.
Ok sounds like you could use a few simple methods for your grow.bro. What brand of nutrients man?
How many plants are you growing right now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom