Too Small For 10 Days? Need Nutes? Help

• Thread starter FelixTheCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Hey everyone, my plant's are around 10 day sold (from sprouting). I wonder if they should be bigger by now. I have only been spraying water with no nutes. My soil is a mix of happy frog, ocean forest, roots organic and alaska hummus so I thought I could wait until adding nutes.

Any suggestions on when/which (brand) nutrients should I add?
Should I transfer them to their bigger pots with new soil instead of feeding?
Here's a pic:

Cheers
:smoking:

Too small for 10 days need nutes help
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Generally you don't have to feed in OF until theyre like around a foot tall give or take. Everyone will have an opinion of what to use and i recommend keeping it simple either way. If organic, supersoil imo or just use a 1part nute if salts. I like dynagro grow from beginning to end. I use a pk booster sometimes and Epsom salts also mostly depending on the strain. Most 1 parts don't have enough magnesium for late flower imo if you're using ro water or low ppm tap and not watering daily. You can easily Just use the 1 part though i just prefer these changes on certain cuts and usually only when they're in peat and not being watered daily(need more mg than one day worth). I always wait until the bottom most leaves lighten just a bit when I'm not totally sure of the mediums prefertilization. Done right, the n deficiency will cause no problems but you can miss it if you don't have a good eye for it and get a few crinkled leaves.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Hey everyone, my plant's are around 10 day sold (from sprouting). I wonder if they should be bigger by now. I have only been spraying water with no nutes. My soil is a mix of happy frog, ocean forest, roots organic and alaska hummus so I thought I could wait until adding nutes.

Here's a pic:

Cheers
You're plants look fine for 10 day old sprouts, you will be up-potting those to larger pots before you need to worry about feeding anything but water. Depending on your final pot size, it may be another month after up-potting again before you'll need any feeds.

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

You're plants look fine for 10 day old sprouts, you will be up-potting those to larger pots before you need to worry about feeding anything but water. Depending on your final pot size, it may be another month after up-potting again before you'll need any feeds.
Thanks, I was about to go get some nutes to feed them 1/8 strength but wasn't sure if they needed it. I got 7 gallon fabric pots for them (only keeping 4 plants in the tent). Do you think I should transfer them to 1 galloon pots before transferring them to 7g or should I save them the stress?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Here's a pic:

Cheers
Take a deep breath bud...theyre ok. I dont even like veg nutes... When the roots fill the cup... Put it in a bigger one with fresh dirt and keep watering

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Take a deep breath bud...theyre ok. I dont even like veg nutes... When the roots fill the cup... Put it in a bigger one with fresh dirt and keep watering
thanks man!

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

Look good so I'd go straight to 7 gal I'd wait for taller growth before transplant and would not add nutes for a couple weeks after transplant. I use general hydro floria trio these nutes can be used in soil or hyrdo use them at 1/4 streanth autos,1/2 streanth for photos. Have used many others. But this seams best to me. ( they are same nutes used byN.A.S.A ) Hope this helps. All above is just imo but works very well for me.

thanks! Do you sue FloraGro and FloraMicro in veg?

FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

any idea when I should start giving them darkness? I've been keeping the light on 24h
here's a pic of them today. The one in the back is pointing up a lot Idk why

IMG 1611
FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat

12 days old, going strong I think
I started giving them 4h of darkness just to save a bit, I don't think they mind it. I leave the heater on when the light goes off. J

ust found out today that I never knew I had to calibrate my phmeter so I tested with the drop tster and figure out the ph from my tap water was abit high around 8.

So I fed them with PH around 6 for the first time, I think they're responding well. It was a few hours ago. Here's a picture:

IMG 2302

Latest posts

Top Bottom