Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Tools.

Discussion in 'The Planning Stages' started by Liberanos5, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Blue Lab Truncheon for testing PPM??? Is there a good bang/buck ratio on this? I have their pH meter and so far so good for the last 6 months. As grow #2 gets under way and I take the 1000 mistakes I made in the shake down cruise, apply the wisdom from this site, the books I've read and continue to read I can see I need to pay way more scrupulous attention to nutes especially cal and mag. I have a big (not big in the usual sense...enough for 16 five gal smart pots) batch of super soil "working" but I skipped the epsom salt as I am inclined to avoid the word salt. I'll dose cal/mag via GH or Green Planet. Any thoughts on crab shell for cal. as I keep as organic as possible in soil/ProMix/Coir recipe? Thank you to all that post here with expertise I dont find many other places. BIG thanks. Feliz Navidad y peospero nuevo ano!!

2. Papa

Papa Moderator Staff Member Supporter

i have some blue lab meters and i've been extremely pleased with them. regarding the truncheon, i don't have one yet personally, but it's on my list because i've heard nothing but praise for it.

happy growing Liberanos5!

3. Cort

Cort

I been using the same $25 tester for 2 years. its never far off.I wont replace it till it dies or starts not holding tune,

4. love my bluelab combo... and the new ones even have an auto re-mind recalibration cycle

5. I have it and it's great, turns off automatically too. It's my walking around stick. I use it to bulk mix my nutrients and double check all the res's. They have dedicated meters but I always double check.

6. I would dis-incline yourself towards that.

When considering that every single thing the plant takes up from the soil, excepting water, is an ion of a salt (organic or not)--it becomes a bit clearer how silly this is.