• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Huh, then consider me baffled!

What I mean is that those genetics are in many current strains. The names and faces have been changed to protect the innocent, ha!

But really we aren’t making genetics out of thin air. These are all part of a handful of genes in a relatively shallow gene pool remixed and renamed more times than anyone can count.

You can’t make a chinese person out of a Mexican and a Puerto Rican. Sorry don’t mean to sound racist. But you get the idea.

PETRICHOR

PETRICHOR

Your forgetting that 95% of seed buyers are tent growers. $100 to grow 5k worth of weed? Not in today’s market. Are you going to factor in time,grow equipment , nutrients?
The majority of “breeders” these days are only bottle neck hyped strains, nothing more. With the price of weed where it is today seeds should be $4.95 a ten pack like the rest of the beans at Home Depot.
Honestly guys,......I have a hell of an imagination ......I just saw myself walking down the isle at lowes .......seeing cultivars beans for sale! IF it happens in my lifetime I know I've come full circle! I've done 3 years in prison for my love of this plant! Greed can make people so evil man!
Back on track though............seeing a seed rack for sale in my local stores of decent cultivars would be the icing on the cake.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Honestly guys,......I have a hell of an imagination ......I just saw myself walking down the isle at lowes .......seeing cultivars beans for sale! IF it happens in my lifetime I know I've come full circle! I've done 3 years in prison for my love of this plant! Greed can make people so evil man!
Back on track though............seeing a seed rack for sale in my local stores of decent cultivars would be the icing on the cake.

Lol that would be awesome.

I don’t mind giving pollen chuckers their fair share. But imo it should be more like $40-60/pack even for the most hyped strains and $20 for those that aren’t proven or have accolades.

But everyone is pricing their warez as if they’ve won every cannabis cup since it’s inception and these are for unproven random pollen chucks. But folks still pay it and some will argue that it should cost even more.

Of course they don’t want us getting our grubby mitts on good genetics and sharing amongst ourselves. And if you can’t see why then that’s on you.

PETRICHOR

PETRICHOR

All I can say is I adore this plant, I enjoy the fact that it's value is so high to some because medicinally there's very few plants that can contend with her. That being said I just don't like my personal experiences with money in the cannabis scene, in my opinion if I were driven by money I'd be super cutthroat more than likely. Plus lost of money would ruin me.....I enjoy struggling and embracing things that suck now that I'm older. I know it sounds crazy stupid but I get a super satisfaction when I endure a Chitty situation and persevere ....eps if I learn valuable life lessons from that event or situation. I grew up in a community that was "rainbow family based" and everything was done with hand shakes. So nowadays when I see all the money being made off this wonderful plant I'm in awe. A lot of folks don't even realize the seeds they buy aren't as advertised in the picture they say at the breeders site. My point being the chance they get the actual plant being shown in the pics of the seed site may not be what they receive in the pack. Unfortunately in America nowadays it's work, make money pay bills rinse wash repeat ........this plant has been my only positive amongst the neg in our society. If I could make a little money to support my family that'd be great but I don't have the friends or network to actually achieve that because I don't trust folks who are into this plant for the money based on personal experiences. It would be nice to see a convention that all legal states can attend.....that terry Tyrone and I could attend without hurting the wallet...so I can meet a few of the farmers who enjoy this like I do. That's what makes me jealous.......having a group or good farmers who just wanna see each other do well and flourish! No alternative motives....no drama .... Just mutual resPact and undying love for the cultivars man!

H

hawkman

Logic sold some Fruity Pebbles OG for I believe 5-10k/pack a few years ago.

I was witness to the Dutch Flowers phenomenon in the early 2000s. Gifted group of breeders that did some great things but their seed packs routinely auctioned for north of $2000-5000/pack in the early 2000s.

In fact I knew folks who did nothing but buy them grow them, toss pollen and sell F2s at a fraction of the price. They got their money back plus some on each deal and they got to grow stuff we all dreamed about.

And some of us bought those F2s and got a taste of the high life. It was fun and interesting. And in the end it all ended up in smoke.

thanks - very interesting and it's good to learn some history about strains and breeders

H

hawkman

Ha! I gotta tell ya if it were even remotely close to the PUNGENT POISON Wafts my neighbors shed threw out when I was growing up mid to late 80'S it'd prob be worth it just to keep a mother alive and try to increase the skunk with proper breeding techniques.....I'm a firm believer the "scene" needs to redoscover the skunks lines ........I remember trying a pine/skunk that made me hallucinate cartoons for 25 minutes.....I miss those greasey bitchs
Man them were the days !!!!! Peace !!! what it makes me think about now is the taste of - dam - what was the most recent skunk strain that you grew ??? been growing many different can't seem to find the taste _world of seeds has some "lances"

H

hawkman

All I can say is I adore this plant, I enjoy the fact that it's value is so high to some because medicinally there's very few plants that can contend with her. That being said I just don't like my personal experiences with money in the cannabis scene, in my opinion if I were driven by money I'd be super cutthroat more than likely. Plus lost of money would ruin me.....I enjoy struggling and embracing things that suck now that I'm older. I know it sounds crazy stupid but I get a super satisfaction when I endure a Chitty situation and persevere ....eps if I learn valuable life lessons from that event or situation. I grew up in a community that was "rainbow family based" and everything was done with hand shakes. So nowadays when I see all the money being made off this wonderful plant I'm in awe. A lot of folks don't even realize the seeds they buy aren't as advertised in the picture they say at the breeders site. My point being the chance they get the actual plant being shown in the pics of the seed site may not be what they receive in the pack. Unfortunately in America nowadays it's work, make money pay bills rinse wash repeat ........this plant has been my only positive amongst the neg in our society. If I could make a little money to support my family that'd be great but I don't have the friends or network to actually achieve that because I don't trust folks who are into this plant for the money based on personal experiences. It would be nice to see a convention that all legal states can attend.....that terry Tyrone and I could attend without hurting the wallet...so I can meet a few of the farmers who enjoy this like I do. That's what makes me jealous.......having a group or good farmers who just wanna see each other do well and flourish! No alternative motives....no drama .... Just mutual resPact and undying love for the cultivars man!

That's what it's all about "farmers" sit'en around and sharing stories and information _sounds like you are an old fart hippy farmer that just loves what he does PEACE !! there are some issues with reconational dispenseries lot of nutrientated-up flowers some un safe to smoke there are problems just like any other new business (grow your own)

H

hawkman

Priorities out of whack? Seriously?

If you’re growing commercially then sure it’s a drop in the bucket. But if you’re growing for personal use in limited space then it absolutely costs you way more time and money than the cost of a pack alone.

I can’t afford a failed experiment or too many failed experiments. Therefore I do my research and find the best bets before plunking down my cash, making space in my grow room and taking the risk.
a few plants here and there - never hurt anyone or anything ---PEACE

TheOutlier

TheOutlier

Bodhi for his quality and preservation work and because he is one of the nicest, most humble coolest ppl ever

useful seeds for the same reasons as bodhi and also the fact he makes some real legends available. for example he just sent me a pack of apollo 11 genius pheno preservation seeds he has been working, ndnguy's 79 xmass bud preservation seeds, and he also works bodhi's stuff past F1 and does some hybvrids with his stuff as well. he has an impressive library. if you want shit like choc trip, apollo 11, choc diesel or worked bodhi gear he is your guy, but he is small and the shit goes super quick. oh, and he is one generous mofo with a wealth of knowledge

CSIhumboldt i have not grown his stuff personally but it is gonna happen, but i put him here because his reputation preceeds him, i've watched cpl long interviews and he has vast knowledge of strain history and i admire anyone working old lines as you may have noticed. and the fact the shit he works with is verified like the Chemdog 91 and he makes S1's available to all

Coastal seeds for their heirloom sativas and hybrid work with those varietals (idk going forward tho because I THINK, I AM NOT CERTAIN ATM, that they went their seperate ways however i see stuff still available under the brand, but idk if what they do will change)

dominion seeds because they buck the trend of crossing their stock with the flavor ofthe month and do their own thing keeping some diversity in this industry and of course because super skunk and Chemdog 91 is epic

honorable mentions are afficanodo and archive seeds. a little pricey imo but prolly the best place to get what is hot as it is legit fire and clearly we know the legendary work done by their breeders and collabs

there are so many more but i have to stop somewhere. sorry if you were left out lol, but i am biased to older strains, unique work and preservation work, but allot of companies have fire today, however many ask too much for who they are imho, and yes i realize a cpl of my choices are super pricey however they really are legends and earned that right to a point, plus ppl like afficianado are doing some serious breeding to get quality outdoor stock to major farms, and that is a whole other level to breed for resistence to wind, pests etc, when your customers are equally legendary commercial outdoor farms in the emerald triangle and so forth.

Top Bottom