Top Dress Question

• Thread starter slap14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I don’t keep it in the fridge, no problems, molasses stabilises it.

If you use a bottle with a one way air release valve, no need to burp. Burping actually lets in air which promotes fungi. Not bad but not needed.

LAB is easy to do with rice wash and milk. You can make em too if you have a kiln, i don’t but i just don’t get the phototropic bacteria. No big deal. Still lots of wild yeast and bacteria.

It is actually not advised to make mother culture out of your activated em1. With each activation, the claim of the company is that the ratios are changing (lactobacilli-yeast-phototropic bacteria) so the end product cannot be called “em1” anymore.

But if you’re getting a “mother culture” from the company then its good.
the mother culture is not activated,it up to you doing that,thats why you get 20 times more for your buck,the em1 you buy is activated and still has a shelf life of a year,if you have a little white stuff floating on top that isnt a issue,plus there is more to em1 other than just plain lab,there are like 6 difrent lacto that are combined to make it,im not much on science shit and dont have a clue were your info came from but know this much,the stuff works and i use it religiously,great product for all 3 of my gardens ,i even make my own bokasihi,easy to make and 50lb bag at feed store cost 14 bucks,my game is make your own and forget up front cost,because when your done,and keeping a eye on the end result of your work will feed any plant for years to come just saying is all,most expensive thing ive made is the OHN it was 120 bucks for the alchol to make the six week fermenting process,mother culture was 35 bucks,mollases haah the hell with that high price shit being sold,i get the deer feeds from feed store in gallon jugs,with choice of apple or corn haahahha the same shit folk put on feed blocks for the deer for 9 bucks,a gallon goes a long ways,,but ya i like all the easy ways to feed your soil which then feed your plants,happy happy happy they are,calcium i do egg shells just browned,bones burnt just right give you p,the only one thing that is required with KNF farming that is plum ridculiouse is brown rice vinegar,they proud as hell of that shit,sea water comes from the gulf of mexico,all the bottle stuff you buy watered down can be replaced and save you money ,all you need is a 5 gal bucket ,coke bottle,1/4 in air tube and game on,i will never buy feed again for plants

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
the mother culture is not activated,it up to you doing that,thats why you get 20 times more for your buck,the em1 you buy is activated and still has a shelf life of a year,if you have a little white stuff floating on top that isnt a issue,plus there is more to em1 other than just plain lab,there are like 6 difrent lacto that are combined to make it,im not much on science shit and dont have a clue were your info came from but know this much,the stuff works and i use it religiously,great product for all 3 of my gardens ,i even make my own bokasihi,easy to make and 50lb bag at feed store cost 14 bucks,my game is make your own and forget up front cost,because when your done,and keeping a eye on the end result of your work will feed any plant for years to come just saying is all,most expensive thing ive made is the OHN it was 120 bucks for the alchol to make the six week fermenting process,mother culture was 35 bucks,mollases haah the hell with that high price shit being sold,i get the deer feeds from feed store in gallon jugs,with choice of apple or corn haahahha the same shit folk put on feed blocks for the deer for 9 bucks,a gallon goes a long ways,,but ya i like all the easy ways to feed your soil which then feed your plants,happy happy happy they are,calcium i do egg shells just browned,bones burnt just right give you p,the only one thing that is required with KNF farming that is plum ridculiouse is brown rice vinegar,they proud as hell of that shit,sea water comes from the gulf of mexico,all the bottle stuff you buy watered down can be replaced and save you money ,all you need is a 5 gal bucket ,coke bottle,1/4 in air tube and game on,i will never buy feed again for plants

The difference between lab and em is that lab has lactobacilli (not a single strain imo as its being harvested from the atmosphere tho dont have lab equipment to test my stuff) while em has yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae) and phototropic bacteria besides lactobacilli.

Of course, does one need phototropic bacteria when working with peat as i am? It is an anaerobic bacteria which works great in clay heavy soil but can it compete with aerobic bacteria in the peat or even function properly in an oxygen rich environment? Well these are all questions i have.

Homemade stuff is great no need to pay an arm and a leg to get high grade powerful stuff.

Madmax

Madmax

Ive never done teas but am using quality castings as top dressing.where i purchase mine from it has a porosity of 85% and 70% water holding capacity,giving them ideal bulk density.that translates into fantastic water penetration and retention of your soil mix = less watering..i love wormshit..

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ive never done teas but am using quality castings as top dressing.where i purchase mine from it has a porosity of 85% and 70% water holding capacity,giving them ideal bulk density.that translates into fantastic water penetration and retention of your soil mix = less watering..i love wormshit..
worms are the best,i just grab a handful of compost add ewc and kelp and give it a bubble and good food for the plants,tea is something you can tell works quickly in soil,summers i have usally within hours they be praying to the sun god

Madmax

Madmax

worms are the best,i just grab a handful of compost add ewc and kelp and give it a bubble and good food for the plants,tea is something you can tell works quickly in soil,summers i have usally within hours they be praying to the sun god
Yeah i didnt notice that much till a couple days later top dressing..Ive been looking at an cheap air pump off ebay actually..ive got an ogs nutrient and microbe tea kit i was going to use but will use it when i start up organic indoor grow now..ive got alot to learn.only ever use to use a few ammendments when growing but since joining up has really opened my eyes up to what my plants are missing out on..you guys have made me want to grow better healthier plants..

H

hawkman

Just ran into this "bokashi" (build-a-soil) have been running chemical nutrients for years w/ organic. Now have considering what I'm putting into by body and mind going to grow total organic. All information is welcomed

H

hawkman

The difference between lab and em is that lab has lactobacilli (not a single strain imo as its being harvested from the atmosphere tho dont have lab equipment to test my stuff) while em has yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae) and phototropic bacteria besides lactobacilli.

Of course, does one need phototropic bacteria when working with peat as i am? It is an anaerobic bacteria which works great in clay heavy soil but can it compete with aerobic bacteria in the peat or even function properly in an oxygen rich environment? Well these are all questions i have.

Homemade stuff is great no need to pay an arm and a leg to get high grade powerful stuff.

?? trying to understand all this stuff -
Yeah i didnt notice that much till a couple days later top dressing..Ive been looking at an cheap air pump off ebay actually..ive got an ogs nutrient and microbe tea kit i was going to use but will use it when i start up organic indoor grow now..ive got alot to learn.only ever use to use a few ammendments when growing but since joining up has really opened my eyes up to what my plants are missing out on..you guys have made me want to grow better healthier plants..
for me a 5 gallon is OK for one grow - but pricing the pump and "snake" need for bubbling are a bit pricey. Considering using small pvc or tubing ans getting a aqurium water pump but think it will not be powerful enough. amason has all this stuff

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

easy to do friend,the day you feed your plants,make a batch in 5 gal bucket and be ready for when you feed again,thats how i go about it,cant over do tea in my opinion,i also like to top dress ewc,sea bird guano and kelp,i top dress it in and feed just tea from there about every 3 weeks i top dress more in and use that as my boast if you dig,sea bird is high on P and does wonders for the plant,my outdoor stuff dont get as much attention as my medicine if you dig and i feed KNF products to all of them in top garden,bottom garden gets mother natures soil and water only hahaah,i got a 250 gal IBC tote down there,and need pump for it,gravity feed wasnt what i thought it would be,i have built manifolds for all my raised boxs,the gravity feed wont feed all around the manifold,hahahha im lazy and just want to turn the spicket on and wonder around doing other things then holding a water hose hahahh

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Just ran into this "bokashi" (build-a-soil) have been running chemical nutrients for years w/ organic. Now have considering what I'm putting into by body and mind going to grow total organic. All information is welcomed
easy as shit to make,great for septic system,toliets ,drains and most of all litter box for these stinking ass cats haahah,i get a 50 lb bag of wheat bran for 14 bucks add EM1 and stir till you can squezze a very little moisture between fingers,i put 10 lbs per contracter grade garbage bags,push all air out ,twist it up and tie it off in 2 weeks you will have bokashi,take 1 bag at a time and spread out thin on a tarp and sun dry it,thats it,with all the use it has you can even eat it,i put about 2inchs from my plants and top dress it in,it gets to work quick in composting as long as you never let it dry,if you do water will get um going again,when i bought my EM1 the first time i got activated EM1,when i used it up,i got the mother culture the next time and activate it myself,there is always a solution to high price feeds for gardens,most just pay it and make folk rich cause they dont want to deal with the labor of love involved,once you start making your own feeds,you will kick yourself in the ass for buying bottled stuff,the EM1 alone is 30 ml per gal of water,figure up how many times you get that used per liter of EM1,then buy the mother culture and x that by 20 bottles,the bottled stuff is same shit worded difrent to make it sound all scienced up and shit,concentrates are just that,unless you just want to try difrent states water hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

?? trying to understand all this stuff -

for me a 5 gallon is OK for one grow - but pricing the pump and "snake" need for bubbling are a bit pricey. Considering using small pvc or tubing ans getting a aqurium water pump but think it will not be powerful enough. amason has all this stuff
i used a fish pump from wal mart with 2 hose inlets and stones for a year before i bought my pump,only reason for the pump is when i make tea i make 33 gal at a time,5 gal bucket cheap air pump and stones ,when i got mine had 2 stones and 5 ft of hose ,was 20 bucks,damn buckets are what crazy over priced,home depot and lowes done found out us stoners use the shit out of them and charge 5 bucks a bucket and 3 for a damn lid,hahahahha,as far as that goes you can just put all your stuff together and put in a bucket and let it steep out in the sun,just takes longer,i use them paint bags at local box store used for pooring your paint threw them,drop in bottom of bucket and rock on,if you use air,suspend it,if not sink it to the bottom,easy stuff bro

H

hawkman

easy as shit to make,great for septic system,toliets ,drains and most of all litter box for these stinking ass cats haahah,i get a 50 lb bag of wheat bran for 14 bucks add EM1 and stir till you can squezze a very little moisture between fingers,i put 10 lbs per contracter grade garbage bags,push all air out ,twist it up and tie it off in 2 weeks you will have bokashi,take 1 bag at a time and spread out thin on a tarp and sun dry it,thats it,with all the use it has you can even eat it,i put about 2inchs from my plants and top dress it in,it gets to work quick in composting as long as you never let it dry,if you do water will get um going again,when i bought my EM1 the first time i got activated EM1,when i used it up,i got the mother culture the next time and activate it myself,there is always a solution to high price feeds for gardens,most just pay it and make folk rich cause they dont want to deal with the labor of love involved,once you start making your own feeds,you will kick yourself in the ass for buying bottled stuff,the EM1 alone is 30 ml per gal of water,figure up how many times you get that used per liter of EM1,then buy the mother culture and x that by 20 bottles,the bottled stuff is same shit worded difrent to make it sound all scienced up and shit,concentrates are just that,unless you just want to try difrent states water hahahah

I know about cats; have one that helps me defoliate
easy to do friend,the day you feed your plants,make a batch in 5 gal bucket and be ready for when you feed again,thats how i go about it,cant over do tea in my opinion,i also like to top dress ewc,sea bird guano and kelp,i top dress it in and feed just tea from there about every 3 weeks i top dress more in and use that as my boast if you dig,sea bird is high on P and does wonders for the plant,my outdoor stuff dont get as much attention as my medicine if you dig and i feed KNF products to all of them in top garden,bottom garden gets mother natures soil and water only hahaah,i got a 250 gal IBC tote down there,and need pump for it,gravity feed wasnt what i thought it would be,i have built manifolds for all my raised boxs,the gravity feed wont feed all around the manifold,hahahha im lazy and just want to turn the spicket on and wonder around doing other things then holding a water hose hahahh

I only top dress 2x's once in 4th week of veg and then 4th week of flower - should I do more ? as for EM1 and bokashi still learning - need to buy equipment pump, bags for tea. what about using women's nylons instead of bags will work OK don;t know if they are 400 microns - probably have to buy stuff at first and eventually learn making my own - like you-all - really appreciate your feed back

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I know about cats; have one that helps me defoliate

I only top dress 2x's once in 4th week of veg and then 4th week of flower - should I do more ? as for EM1 and bokashi still learning - need to buy equipment pump, bags for tea. what about using women's nylons instead of bags will work OK don;t know if they are 400 microns - probably have to buy stuff at first and eventually learn making my own - like you-all - really appreciate your feed back
panty hose work great,i top dress every 3 weeks all the way up until last 3 weeks

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if your into recyling a bokashi bucket can also be used for your table scraps,ever time you drop something in put a little bokashi on top and it breaks it down without any smell,the juice in bottom is feed,bury the rest out in your garden and the microbes still keep working ,a sort of vermicuture,put in compost pile too,the bokashi keeps it from smelling and unwanted critters digging it up if you dig,i paid 33 bucks for EM1 and 14 for 50 lbs of wheat bran thats it for 50 lbs of bokashi,i use it on every thing,even give about 2 tbs to my dogs ever couple weeks,good stuff ,check out chris trump on you tube he shows exactualy how to make most of the things i speak of,reading a book aint my gig,but when i see it done with my own eyes consider it done if you dig

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if your into recyling a bokashi bucket can also be used for your table scraps,ever time you drop something in put a little bokashi on top and it breaks it down without any smell,the juice in bottom is feed,bury the rest out in your garden and the microbes still keep working ,a sort of vermicuture,put in compost pile too,the bokashi keeps it from smelling and unwanted critters digging it up if you dig,i paid 33 bucks for EM1 and 14 for 50 lbs of wheat bran thats it for 50 lbs of bokashi,i use it on every thing,even give about 2 tbs to my dogs ever couple weeks,good stuff ,check out chris trump on you tube he shows exactualy how to make most of the things i speak of,reading a book aint my gig,but when i see it done with my own eyes consider it done if you dig
there is a school in arizonia that practice this ,but also grow all there veggies,students collect scrapes from lunch and breakfast,1 kid collect another beside the one sprinkle bokashi on it,they have it setup like warehousing,by dates and all,collect the juice,and have a deep trench beside there garden and bury the scraps after extracting the juice,cover it and rotate crops on top of it all,feed the whole school out of there garden and kids lineup for there turn to get in on the action,kool shit

H

hawkman

we have to re-cycle - live on the river so maybe will get some EM1 from build-a-soil and thanks for the info again - I'll check out chris trump have to check out a recipy for bokashi - to start going to get some pre-made

H

hawkman

there is a school in arizonia that practice this ,but also grow all there veggies,students collect scrapes from lunch and breakfast,1 kid collect another beside the one sprinkle bokashi on it,they have it setup like warehousing,by dates and all,collect the juice,and have a deep trench beside there garden and bury the scraps after extracting the juice,cover it and rotate crops on top of it all,feed the whole school out of there garden and kids lineup for there turn to get in on the action,kool shit
it would be interesting to vist that school - there is a lot to do in growing organic as I mentioned before getting concerned about what I inhale !!!!

H

hawkman

do you grow "no till" ?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

do you grow "no till" ?
only on the top garden,i have 21 18 gal totes ,mamas garden,she loves gardening also but has titanium knees so i made her a garden up top last year,had pretty good return and got 3 crops in,all i have going now is potato,cauliflower,broccile,im waiting on the weather to harvest the broccile plants,making fpj out of them for calcium,garden down the hill has onions and garlic still going,unexpected frezze hit couple weeks ago and wiped out all my squash and tomato plants,purple hull peas,down ther i have to reamend every 2 yrs cause they get nothing but water,up top i fertilize with all i told you of,i wouldnt call it no till ,but i dont pull nothing,cut at base and plant another seed,the roots are a hiway to quicker root growth for the new plants if you dig

Latest posts

Top Bottom