Top Feed Vs Bottom Question

• Thread starter Ogbullriderguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Ogbullriderguy

Using a bucket system ebb n flow style, would that nutrient mix cross over the same to a top feed dosatron type system ? Or is the mix diff since they're feeding way way less time? Never got an answer on the other thread. I only ask this as the Mag Pro bottle I was reading gives diff mls per gallon for hydro and top feed

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Using a bucket system ebb n flow style, would that nutrient mix cross over the same to a top feed dosatron type system ? Or is the mix diff since they're feeding way way less time? Never got an answer on the other thread. I only ask this as the Mag Pro bottle I was reading gives diff mls per gallon for hydro and top feed
there are company's add the cal mag to there mix these days,i think there calling it ph correct ,not sure,but as long as your ppm in the res is on line you cant go wrong,i say this because i dont just stick to one nute line,just depends on the mood the day of feeding,got to keep in mind this,rather it be water or soil they all feed the same and require the same,minerals are minerals rather it be a bottle or dry feeds,the plant only takes what it needs at that time,this is were lock out comes in,we all want sugar that can be seen from across the room on are plants,dont work that way,those that boast boast boast,have bocoo experience doing so if you dig,so top or bottom feed as long as you keep the ppm and ph right you cant go wrong,im a soil guy ive done the others and prefer soil because it less work ,but like i said bottle or dry,all feeds come from the same place MOTHER EARTH,hope i could help ,just my opinion

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Recirc will run it higher based on plants eating the nutes out of the feed over time then you have add backs and replacement after a certain amount of add backs. Top feed (if talking DTW) will always be fresh nutes. If talking top feed recirc then treat it just like you would Ebb & Flo. Honestly I have never adjusted it based on the type of feeding I'm doing on tables. Never have seen the need to. Also remember that is prob for tomatoes which are Mg whores.

O

Ogbullriderguy

Recirc will run it higher based on plants eating the nutes out of the feed over time then you have add backs and replacement after a certain amount of add backs. Top feed (if talking DTW) will always be fresh nutes. If talking top feed recirc then treat it just like you would Ebb & Flo. Honestly I have never adjusted it based on the type of feeding I'm doing on tables. Never have seen the need to. Also remember that is prob for tomatoes which are Mg whores.

Yes it would be top feed using larger rock wool cubes. The nutes are mixed by the irrigation system you just set it to mix x amount of bloom, grow etx then ph and it feeds the plants for however long you set to blast them. I think 1 minute is sufficient. The left over runs off and isnt reused since there isnt enough run off to bother w it. The precious system wasnt dwc, just a bucket system where the plants are in 5 x5 rockwool cubes set into 2.5 gallon buckets filled w hydrocorn. I never reasoned the recipe would be any different for either one, since the plants are being fed the same thing, just in a different manner. What made me question it was the mag pro bottle, and it says to mix a diff amount per gallon based on what feed system is being used. But maybe they are referring to a soil medium. Anyway thanks for the info
Oh and yea I know they may be referring to tomatoes but using the general hydroponics 3 part nutes I found it was deficient in magnesium and always used mag pro as an additional supplement.

Top Bottom