Top Feeding Rooting Hormone To Deep Water Culture To Accelerate Root Growth

• Thread starter ThatGuyMike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

So i recently took 4 clones from a mother, started them in rockwool and propagation chamber and they established quite well initially taking about 5 days for roots to pop through rock cube. I trasplanted 3 to a coco/hydroton/perlite medium and 1 to a deep water culture. While in the past 3 weeks the 3 in coco grew exponentially, around a half an inch a day while the deep water culture clone nearly stalled for the entire 3 weeks not developing any new growth but not dying either or showing signs of stress. I tried multiple additives to balance nutrients and knew i had a perfect solution because im using the same solution of nutes to the 3 other coco plants. I talked to many friends who also grow and they had no idea why it was just doing nothing. Basically the plant was stalled. I decided a few days ago to make a solution of a powder form rooting hormone and PH'd water and top fed the dwc clone. 2 days later, the plant has grown nearly 2 inches in new growth! tell you what if you need to establish a dwc plant quicker, try rooting hormone powder and water. Dont use the gel form though, the polymers i believe prevent it from diffusing in the solution. Also remember to flush reservoir a few days after like 3-5 to get rid of the hormone in your solution.

Junk

Junk

Were you top feeding the DWC cut?

I run the top feed 24/7 until it's showing growth, then every 4 hours.

Top Bottom