Top Of Plant Wilting Thoughts ??

• Thread starter luvurkle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

luvurkle

soil still feels a little moist the lower leaves show no sign of wilt a few random leaves have twisted fingers

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Outdoor in small pots? Youll be watering all day every day unless you have drippers...
Id say 15 gallon minimum for outdoor plants, but I dont grow outdoor, ghetto bird...

L

luvurkle

they are going into large pots but i need to figure out the problem first . they are in 3 gallon pots 2-3 feet tall should be a problem i wonder about root rot or is it heat related over feed maybe

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
How long have they been outdoors? Did you acclimate them?

below frigid

below frigid

You probably baked the roots in those pots, black plastic I am guessing. I am guessing your also in CA somewhere inland cause I had the same temps today. Supposed to be warmer the next few days. No break from the heat until Thursday or Friday. I would move them to a shady spot until the heat drops.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Pull them out of the pots, brown roots bad white roots good.

L

luvurkle

Update .. checked the roots all white and healthy the lower part of the plants are fine the top 6 inches are droopy bad wilted looking PLEASE someone . Now all the plants i have are starting to do this if it is heat how can i bring them back to life . i got to turn this around FAST before it gets out of hand :(

Dan789

Dan789

I've had indoor only plants do that with a slight lack of water. Small pots, hot temps could mean the same problem. Bigger pots give you a little more leeway.
When you say the soil seemed moist how deep did you test, though outside today in Northern Ca. it was Hot. Shade sounds like a good next move till you get these back into prime health. If you're using ceramic/clay pots get some damp burlap to wrap them and get the pots out of the direct sun.

L

luvurkle

sorry new to the posting deal didnt mean to triple post the pics . it has been in the 100"s last 3-4 days tomorrow i am pulling over the rain tarp so they are in the shade light still gets in through screen walls . put fan in there gave them all a drink today still no recovery as of yet . I have some B1 should i hit them with that ??

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You could try putting the small pots down in something to keep them cool if you cant transplant to at least 15 gallon containers. Youre cooking your roots in those little pots in the sun, the tops can handle the heat, your roots cooking is whats doing it I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom