Topfed Dwc Root Problems ... Help Please...

• Thread starter GratefulOkie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Wait to start training?

• Yes wait another week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, go ahead and chop it up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

First Time Newb here...

So here goes. I have a top feed DWC in a 4x3x8 diy growbox. (Needed the extra ceiling for light, you will see) Growing Moby Dick from Dinafem. Two weeks in and everything is GREAT. I check on them day before yesterday and notice roots have a few brownish spots. Stress. Research. And lots of work.Now they are evenly Tanish with a few brown spots...

I changed reservoir, wrapped the 15 gallon tote with aluminum foil and duct tape. Taped up air line feeds ect. Even checked with a telescoping mirror. No more light leaks. Ran new solution with a weaker mix of nutes, see pic.

Upped my dose of hydroguard and lowered the temp of my grow room. Rookie mistake letting it go at 84 to 85 degrees F. That I believe is the, Pun intended, ROOT of my problem.
Running a very intense LED spotlight comercial grade and it is BIG, BRIGHT, AND HOT. Right now my babies are 29 inches away and comfy.
Today these babies have shown massive increases in size and still no symptoms of root rot. Even the red alge I saw in the tub is almost gone. See pics.

My question... sorry I'm so long winded. How long should I wait to start training after a scare like that...? Plan on manifolding these girls.
Nutes are in pic. GH FloraSeries set. Plus Hydroguard.
Topfed dwc root problems  help please
Topfed dwc root problems  help please

Topfed dwc root problems  help please 2
Topfed dwc root problems  help please 3
Topfed dwc root problems  help please 4
Topfed dwc root problems  help please 5
Topfed dwc root problems  help please 6
Topfed dwc root problems  help please 7
Topfed dwc root problems  help please 8
Topfed dwc root problems  help please 9
4plant

4plant

Look good to me. Does that diamond stuff have any humic or fulvic acid in it? That shit will brown your roots but nothing to worry about.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Look good to me. Does that diamond stuff have any humic or fulvic acid in it? That shit will brown your roots but nothing to worry about.

Yes it says Humic. So the browning might be just stain? And I did all that extra work! Wow. Speechless. I had that feeling when I saw there wasn't any activity. My experience here on this forum has always seen quick responses. THANK YOU 4Plant for chiming in. I hope you're right and I dont wake up tomorrow with craziness going on in my growbox. I will update as time permits.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Look at this girls odd 4th node growth. I think it's awesome how they are all so different and so alike in different ways. Love this. Wish I had more experience, I think I could do a little something with this one. Do you think it would be a good one to try to clone from? Idk. Just the genetics I guess, but I will clone one of these girls and start a mother tent. Just dont kmow which one. The one that grows semetrically or the one that grows oddly. 3 leaves on the 4th node. Cool.

20181021 220718
H

heisen

That's a full strength dose for them plants.your tds meter is broke or you gallons are out of wack.at them numbers you should be at around 1600 ppm.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

That's a full strength dose for them plants.your tds meter is broke or you gallons are out of wack.at them numbers you should be at around 1600 ppm.

Wow nice catch. I was in a rush when getting water back to my girls. I didnt write the one in front. Glad to finally find a forum with active members that actually care. It read 1536 when I changed her my solution and about 15 minutes ago it is down to 1521. I'm new and kinda obsessed with my first grow.

H

heisen

Wow nice catch. I was in a rush when getting water back to my girls. I didnt write the one in front. Glad to finally find a forum with active members that actually care. It read 1536 when I changed her my solution and about 15 minutes ago it is down to 1521. I'm new and kinda obsessed with my first grow.
Yeah man I was about right.you need to bump it down to about 450 ppm for the first 2 weeks.i doubt your ph is right cause if it was them plants would be roasted.
All you need is the base nutes and calmag for the first month of veg.
Humic acids in dwc is begging for all kinds of root rot.
Get rid of the floralicious and all that other bullshit.all u need is base nutes and mix the right ratios per week of flower.

GratefulOkie

GratefulOkie

Yeah man I was about right.you need to bump it down to about 450 ppm for the first 2 weeks.i doubt your ph is right cause if it was them plants would be roasted.
All you need is the base nutes and calmag for the first month of veg.
Humic acids in dwc is begging for all kinds of root rot.
Get rid of the floralicious and all that other bullshit.all u need is base nutes and mix the right ratios per week of flower.

Done... hopefully this helps . I just got done now my ppm IS reading 508 and my ph is 6.01. Water temp is 69.6 degrees f. And I only have the Micro, Gro, and bloom with calimag, and hydroguard.

They look great tho to me. Standing tall and perky and their new growth is still booming. I am gonna wait until their 6th mode appears before manifolding them just in case. Hoping for a decent harvest in a couple months. Maybe 400 (ish) grams. Fingers crossed. My idle Hope's anyway, but I would be happy with just a 100 to be honest. There is only old Mexican co.pressed swag around where I live but it's about to get better. Lol.

And congrats on that wedding cake. Absolutely beautiful...

Latest posts

Top Bottom