Topping During The 12/12 Switch

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

The main idea from my many(2 grows) is to have the biggest and flatest canopy possible to ensure equal growth, right?

I was reading some info of the advantages of topping your canopy during your switch. One thing that wasn't mentioned was the advantage of evening out your canopy.

Can anyone think of a reason not to top you girls right when you switch to flower? Or better yet does anyone have any experience doing this or know of anyone who has?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
The main idea from my many(2 grows) is to have the biggest and flatest canopy possible to ensure equal growth, right?

I was reading some info of the advantages of topping your canopy during your switch. One thing that wasn't mentioned was the advantage of evening out your canopy.

Can anyone think of a reason not to top you girls right when you switch to flower? Or better yet does anyone have any experience doing this or know of anyone who has?
You do it a couple weeks b4 flower so the colas can develope. Fim in begining flower to get the weird triple nug stuff. Fim is actually chopping a bud site in half.

K

kansabis

I wouldn't do it right at switch cuz it's added stress,top/fim and train before you flip,then lollipop or clean em up a couple weeks after flip then they should be good.

S

Shawnery

One of my girls kicked in to hyper drive a couple days before flipping and got about 4 inches to tall . With just that one I topped 4 branches and its already grown two more 4 inches taller again.

I'm interested to see how it differs from the 7 others. The plant stretches for 3 weeks at least and that will probably come out to a foot and a half of new growth.

55 days to find out.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

I topped her (sour diesel). She was growing fast with a decent canopy for a teen I picked up local y. She had a rapid stretch of 2 -4inches depending on the branch and when the new leaves developed they all were growing hairs..Any idea on what you guys think the outcome will be?

20180715 104828
20180715 104859
P

Pass2TheLeft

If it grows to tall pull it over how can you get a uneven canopy if you do that?? Lol

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

If it grows to tall pull it over how can you get a uneven canopy if you do that?? Lol
No the my question (i guess I wasn't clear)was if you top your plant as I did this one and hairs grow in with new leaves (as shown in pic) will the plant have double colas or retarded colas, bad yield?

Top Bottom