Trich colour after harvest

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Do trichromes stay the same colour they were at when you chopped the plant? i.e. If I chopped a bud off with all cloudy trichs, let it dry, and then looked at under a scope, the trichs look mostly clear with a few ambers/yellowy. Am I just being stoned or is this normal?!

40AmpstoFreedom

Yea, I was going to ask this same question the other day...

Reason being I remember when I have lost weed for months or kept it for a long time all the trichs turn a dark amber color...I was wondering if this changed the stone or not too.

F

FastForward

I have read that trichs can change to a yellowy colour, not amber, which is a sign of cannibinoid degredation...which is obviously not good but inevitable...

S

sweetleaf

they will change to some degree. that is why most take the plants when they are 50/50. because they will ripen a bit after the chop.

F

FastForward

More trich weirdness....can anyone help?

These shots taken from the same nugget. There are lots of clears and browns....not really amber. The nug has been drying for about 3 days and I could have sworn they were cloudy when I cut it.

Why are they clear and brown? I wanted cloudy and amber...

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Are you inspecting the buds with the same microscope before and after the chop?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
They can change but should get a little more cloudy or a tad more amber but never get lighter atleast that's what I've seen

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Oi!!!

U try waiting for 11 weeks on your 1st time out!

I had to wait 13 weeks on my first try. Well, kinda, I had 3 plants I took one down at 10 weeks one at 11 1/2 weeks and one at 13 weeks. The one that took me 13 weeks was by far the best in all respects and the one that gave me the most smoke. I had one clone of that that I took to 12 weeks (I added a bit more light) and was just as good as, if not better than its mama. I am not sure if I have ever chopped any plant earlier than 10 weeks.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

heh.... I NEED CLOUDY TRICHS!!! I can't handle these night sweats.....the mrs can't handle the smell either!!!

Maybe its time to try a strain that is supposed to mature in 55 days or so, and bring it to 70 days. Just a thought.

S

SeenTheLight

Maybe its time to try a strain that is supposed to mature in 55 days or so, and bring it to 70 days. Just a thought.

I had the same thought when I found out that the Martian was a long one. Got some Blue Cheese and Orange Bud from Dutch Passion which both should finish in about 55 days. :)

I dont mind taking these ladies a bit longer, however a mate of mine who has been doing this for a while always gets Botrytis if his go past 50 days. I will be keeping a close eye on them!!

F

FastForward

Cheers Smoking - got some 3D running now that gets done around 50. I'm also thinking that my stuff is taking longer than planned because I veg 24/0 not 18/6. Should I start my flowering time from the first sign of bud formation, not from the flick to 12/12? I'm thinking that they're taking a week or two to get into flower mode because they've been on 24/0...?

S

sweetleaf

Cheers Smoking - got some 3D running now that gets done around 50. I'm also thinking that my stuff is taking longer than planned because I veg 24/0 not 18/6. Should I start my flowering time from the first sign of bud formation, not from the flick to 12/12? I'm thinking that they're taking a week or two to get into flower mode because they've been on 24/0...?

you start counting when you flip the switch.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

The count down starts at the light flip. One thing you may want to do is the week before flower, put those girls that are going to switch over into 18/6, then 12/12 and I think that will help stop the delay.

Top Bottom