Trichome Photographers Using Dslr's

• Thread starter Komoshan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Komoshan

Komoshan

With some of these new lenses that have come out one can get up to 5:1; with extension tubes, lens stacking, reversal rings, bellows etc. 8:1 or higher isn't unheard of. What are your preferred magnifications for trichome photography and favorite setups for achieving them?
-komoshan

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Usb microscope, less than 30$ on amazon

Komoshan

Komoshan

dang was gonna say besides microscopes... but i know of people with setups for there digital slrs to connect to their microscope... well not connect physically but close and sturdy enough to get reliable images.
I would just go the usb microscope route, but for anyone really into composing it limits things greatly same with lighting too i guess. for checking for plant diseases/pests/trich count and millkinesss usb mic's are the way to go, just not for what i'm looking to do. especially when it comes to visiting gardens or outdoor landraces and being able to shoot without bringing home..

Komoshan

Komoshan

so far best option i've found is using a bellows attached to an enlarger lens, preferably from a large format enlarger... heard can get x8 or so with great quality.

Top Bottom