Trichome Production By Different Lights

• Thread starter fortphoenix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freshone

Freshone

And for numbers, when I was keeping track my best run was Skywalker kush. I ran 16 plants in a 4x4 under one Spydrx and pulled 3 bags and had over a whole one in trim to run into oils.
So are you saying you pull 4 Ps(3 bud/1 trim)a light with spydrs?And you have been growing only 2 years but yet you have run 8 different types of lights to full harvest and now you know spydrs are best?
Im sorry bro but i have to call BS on all that.

Leew421

Leew421

No, obviously reading isn't a high priority. I dont always hit 3. I did once on Skywalker kush. It was 16 huge plants. I don't give a shit about how much I grow. I have been growing longer than 2 years. I grew back in the 90s. Recently I started back and been nonstop. I didn't say they were the best either, I said that leds are there. As claimed they werent.

Leew421

Leew421

I really could care less if you approve or believe me or whatever your pheble mind can handle.

Leew421

Leew421

I also mentioned these lights aren't for everyone's budget. Not all growers can stomach 1500 a light. I personally see it as an investment and worth it. At peak heat my electric bill was only 250 for the whole house including grow op.

sixstring

sixstring

Agreed zen, opinions are like assholes and everyone's got one. You either speak from experience or you speak from what you think you know.
i for one value your opinion here seeing as you actually have a grow and speak from experience.seeing alot of pretengineers giving bad info lately,or flat out just posting to see their own text lol.i have run 360w cmh,400,600,750,1000w hps and mh in many dif combos de lamps as well as currently run de and led.have used uv lamps with my setups for 1,2,3,4,6 hour times with de and led(cobs) and still my best thc tests came from under a quantum/cob panel no uv. par is par and meters dont lie.de hps do not give much par at 20 inches down and 20 inches to the side.my 30" x 42" led panel does,almost double.so when i see the word penetration used i lmao.can you make better par with a de,sure.you will need to run them at 18 inches and spaced on 4 foot centers.but good luck with those nugs right under the lamps ;)

Leew421

Leew421

I can get down right on my plants with the spydrx. The new models are even better than the previous models. The owner was a big wig with Phillips for years doing lights. Got cancer and decided to change his mission to grow light technology. Really interesting guy to meet. I get consistent par on every corner of a 4x4. The lowers can do more with these lights since it "penetrates" the canopy.

Sonorancoco

Sonorancoco

Yeah my PHD biochemist grower and I both have tried nearly every light combo and I've tried 7 brands of LED's including a brand I was a rep for and the Fluence spydr can't be touched for g/w and quality.

My average yield is 28-37oz per LED WITH 4 plants and the canopy is 42"x48". I would have got more if I could do a 5x5 like my buddy.

But the absolute hands down best trichome and Terpene production I've had was mixing a Fluence with a 600w HPS next to it on one half as a test with that mix of light.

The yield wasn't as much because it wasnt direct lighting with max PAR but the quality was beyond belief. I'll try and post a pic at end of week 5.

Sonorancoco

Sonorancoco

B9C4F2D7 E6B1 4941 B9AE C9B8399D2A53

Sonorancoco

Sonorancoco

This is the strain TazManian Devil that my friend created over the last many yrs. it does 2+ lbs under Fluence 1200. In less than a 4x4 area.

Coco, co2 @1200ppm, bomb canna Nutes plus my own additives,

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
some good par comparisons
hey 6 @sixstring do you know if there was ever a follow up video on this test? Would be interested to see the final wet and dry yields and potency testing.

My only thoughts after watching the video is what would the gavita and Papillion par readings have been had they been taken at 12" as well. Seems the inverse rule applies here with loss of par the higher the lights are. What I find impressive is being able to hang that much par that close to the canopy with the spyders and not have the same thermal management problems and using much less electricity as with using HID lighting.

Thanks for sharing this video.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Switching to COB led's,the Vero 29 3000k to be exact was the best investment I've ever made.Only finishing my second grow with them and I am absolutely astounded in the difference of yield.I've broken personal records both grows.LED is the future and the only thing else I can see myself doing is adding quantum boards.

sixstring

sixstring

people dont want to admit they fucked up setting up a large room with the wrong lights,so they will never switch to led. or then theres actual results lol
dry weights here in this post
hey 6 @sixstring do you know if there was ever a follow up video on this test? Would be interested to see the final wet and dry yields and potency testing.

My only thoughts after watching the video is what would the gavita and Papillion par readings have been had they been taken at 12" as well. Seems the inverse rule applies here with loss of par the higher the lights are. What I find impressive is being able to hang that much par that close to the canopy with the spyders and not have the same thermal management problems and using much less electricity as with using HID lighting.

Thanks for sharing this video.
you dont take par readings at 12 inches with de lamps because you dont let plants get that close,they would cook pretty bad lol.par numbers under my nanolux after 6 months is pretty lame at 3 feet maybe 650 right under the lamp and barely 400 in the edge of a 4x4.those lamps are supposed to be good for a year lol

FatManatee

FatManatee

i just dont think LEDs are quite there yet. they are coming along though. how was the bud structure. was it airy? the running joke in the industry is "what do you use to supplement an HPS?... another HPS!" it will be interesting to see how the tech comes along. i dont think it can penetrate the canopy efficiently
I've grown with HPS, Purple LED's and am now running Samsung LM301B diodes.
Out of these three, I can say that the Samsung LED's are far superior.

Quality LED's aren't just "coming along", they have made other light sources obselete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom