Tried Many Things First, Its Been 4 Weeks And No More Growth.

• Thread starter varietypack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

varietypack

Hi,

My first grow!

Its been 4 weeks now since I first noticed my leaves turning yellow, and now my plants refuse to grow.

The photos show how they are today, but they looked almost identical 4 weeks ago.

I have tried different things since the first day, starting with different heights of the led light. I have two sizes and tried both. I tested the led with a watt meter and they are to spec.

I only have a dripper ph tester, I follow the instructions and hope it is accurate enough to keep the pH within 5.5-6.5pH.

Its a DWC grow. Indoor grow tent. Continuous carbon filtered exhaust. Air conditioning inlet. Humidity always 40-55%, temp always 24-28C - I have several meters around the tent to compare.

I am using Nutrifield Elements GROW A & B. I started with half the recommended dosage, now using full dosage. All measurements checked and double checked!

Looking at the bottom leaves my research says I need calmag, but my water is straight from Capital City tap water and the nutrients say there is magnesium in there already so I am worried getting calmag will do damage.

Any comment would be appreciated!

Tried many things first its been 4 weeks and no more growth
Tried many things first its been 4 weeks and no more growth 2
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hi,

My first grow!

Its been 4 weeks now since I first noticed my leaves turning yellow, and now my plants refuse to grow.

The photos show how they are today, but they looked almost identical 4 weeks ago.

I have tried different things since the first day, starting with different heights of the led light. I have two sizes and tried both. I tested the led with a watt meter and they are to spec.

I only have a dripper ph tester, I follow the instructions and hope it is accurate enough to keep the pH within 5.5-6.5pH.

Its a DWC grow. Indoor grow tent. Continuous carbon filtered exhaust. Air conditioning inlet. Humidity always 40-55%, temp always 24-28C - I have several meters around the tent to compare.

I am using Nutrifield Elements GROW A & B. I started with half the recommended dosage, now using full dosage. All measurements checked and double checked!

Looking at the bottom leaves my research says I need calmag, but my water is straight from Capital City tap water and the nutrients say there is magnesium in there already so I am worried getting calmag will do damage.

Any comment would be appreciated!
Your ph is off and it looks fried... Quit adding shit ... Do 1/2 nutes and adjust your ph around that

V

varietypack

Your ph is off and it looks fried... Quit adding shit ... Do 1/2 nutes and adjust your ph around that
Hi, I am using hy-gen ph indicator drops - this test says the ph in right. How do you know the ph is off? I was doing half nuts. Thanks.

V

varietypack

I don't know what jacked up means. What has caused the discolouration? Is it not a deficiency?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I don't know what jacked up means. What has caused the discolouration? Is it not a deficiency?
So plants uptake nutrients when the ph is perfect.. If its off then the same nutes are made unavailable for uptake. If youre feeding and your plants look like that.. Most of the time you need to fix your ph

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Btw a 1 point swing is no good... .3 to .5 tops... Get yourself a pen. Or get pipettes and mark your nutes and up/down with that.

V

varietypack

That makes sense. Thank you. I was worried about the pH drop tester. Is there any way I can save these plants? I don't have any more seeds for a few weeks.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
That makes sense. Thank you. I was worried about the pH drop tester. Is there any way I can save these plants? I don't have any more seeds for a few weeks.
Ph drops are for soil at best or if you reeally know what youre doing maybe hydro... Now when you get your pen keep the drops and once in a while you can test the pen against the drops to be safe

The plants can be saved

V

varietypack

Ph drops are for soil at best or if you reeally know what youre doing maybe hydro... Now when you get your pen keep the drops and once in a while you can test the pen against the drops to be safe

The plants can be saved
OK, I just bought a bluelab guardian, it should be here on Tuesday. How can I keep these plants alive until then? Fresh water only? Thanks!

Swaggerdude

Swaggerdude

OK, I just bought a bluelab guardian, it should be here on Tuesday. How can I keep these plants alive until then? Fresh water only? Thanks!
Go to a store that sells spa or pool,supplies and get some ph test strips
Use these until your ph tester gets delivered
They are cheap and they are pretty accurate

DGP

DGP

I am also interested in a photo of the roots. I do DWC as well and when I see a plant looking like that the very first thing I do is look at the roots. Also, what are your water temperatures running? You should try and keep water temperatures below 68-69F to avoid root issues.

980 is screamin high for babies! I start out at 250 with that size plant and watch for signs that it needs more and inch it up slowly. It is also a good idea to buy the calibration fluid for your meter and check it at least weekly. I have a nice HM meter and it drifts out of cal a little every week.

Dee

V

varietypack

I am also interested in a photo of the roots. I do DWC as well and when I see a plant looking like that the very first thing I do is look at the roots. Also, what are your water temperatures running? You should try and keep water temperatures below 68-69F to avoid root issues.

980 is screamin high for babies! I start out at 250 with that size plant and watch for signs that it needs more and inch it up slowly. It is also a good idea to buy the calibration fluid for your meter and check it at least weekly. I have a nice HM meter and it drifts out of cal a little every week.

Dee
I cant see the roots, they havent made it through the cup yet.

Water temp has always been 23C-25C.

How do I get the ppm down?

My Bluelab Guardian says I only need to calibrate once a month. But I will keep an eye on it.

DGP

DGP

I cant see the roots, they havent made it through the cup yet.

Water temp has always been 23C-25C.

How do I get the ppm down?

My Bluelab Guardian says I only need to calibrate once a month. But I will keep an eye on it.

Dump some water and replace it with clear water and check the ph. Correct the ph if needed. Maybe others will chime in but I would get it down to about 250-300. If the ph of your water is off a lot you might want to correct it before adding it back to each bucket. 23.5 C and higher is still too warm (generally speaking) some people deal with that issue with reservoir conditioners but for me I just chill the water but if you are in single buckets it is hard to correct. Some people will put bottles of drinking water (frozen) in the buckets once or twice a day but it is a hassle and when the roots get dense it will be problematic.

Then be patient and let them recover.

Dee

Last edited:
DGP

DGP

Just curious about something: How high is the water in relation to the net pots?

Dee

V

varietypack

Just curious about something: How high is the water in relation to the net pots?

Dee
So the water temp should be below 23C? How much lower?

The water is about 4mm below the top of the pebbles. So about 3/4 up the net pot. It needs to be this high to put the roots underwater. Is this correct?

Thanks!

DGP

DGP

So the water temp should be below 23C? How much lower?

The water is about 4mm below the top of the pebbles. So about 3/4 up the net pot. It needs to be this high to put the roots underwater. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Yeah, just wanted to check about the water level. I try to stay below 68F (20C) and not below 63F. but keeping it from going too low is usually not the issue.

Dee

Top Bottom