Trimming Makes Growing Almost Unbearable!

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newh

newh

Here's up close of an average bud. Not completely trimmed but more than enough for vaporizing. Not to mention I still have tons of sugar leaves left and I already made VERY strong budder.

Not sure if you've tried but vaping straight trim will get you fucked up but if you smoke it than its schwag.
Thats how my buds look,I dont get that picky with trimming.If I want to take a pic or two I trim a few choice nugs nicely other than that I smoke em lol

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I find it easiest to trim this way too. Big leaves first, let dry and before I put in canning jars, I trim some of the sugar leaves off. This way cut down on A LOT of trimming time. I don’t have a lot of grows under my belt but I didn’t take me long to discover this way works best for me.
I like how you roll,,,,,, I start trimming bigger fans and lots of larf and such about 4-5 days before ripe. This way when the colas hit the drying lines a good majority of the trimming is already done. Then when dry enough to jar n cure its a matter of hand timming the sugar leaves and then into jars for a long cure.

S

Shawnery

Another added benefit of vaping is the ability to cook with the, "ash", leftovers. I've been saving mine for years and an ounce of vaped cannabis makes very good but very different brownies than fresh trim or buds.

It can actually get a little intense at times. I'm not sure what there's more of or less of but the difference in type of high is very grand.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Another added benefit of vaping is the ability to cook with the, "ash", leftovers. I've been saving mine for years and an ounce of vaped cannabis makes very good but very different brownies than fresh trim or buds.

It can actually get a little intense at times. I'm not sure what there's more of or less of but the difference in type of high is very grand.
I'm glad that you can get stoned so easily. How long you been using cannabis? 43 years for me Lol.
I have a magical butter machine mb2. I wasted a lot of good bud making coconut oil. I followed the directions exactly. When I never got off, I made more, made it 3 or 4 times stronger, then used double what's called for in a recipe, and still I never got stoned. Sleepy yes, but not high or stoned. Yes, I decarbed properly.
My daughter, who moved to LA in 07, is 33. She sent me some edibles, a couple times. Second time, it was supposed to be very potent. Man, I never got anything from it. I thought, still, maybe I had done something wrong, or her friends who made the edibles got it wrong.
Then, traveled to Denver in 2014, and tried 4 strains and I bought 2 brownies. I ate one, waited a good 2 hours, nothing, ate the other, and I eventually smoked some Bubba Kush, the best of what I tried that trip, and fell asleep for a couple hours. So, I just don't get it. I do have a memory as a teen of getting very messed up from eating something with weed, and, that it lasted all day. The stuff I grow, I have one old friend who rarely smokes a bowl. He says it's always one or two hit stuff, but he has no tolerance.
Anyone else as tolerant or "burned out" as this old man? LOL :)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'm glad that you can get stoned so easily. How long you been using cannabis? 43 years for me Lol.
I have a magical butter machine mb2. I wasted a lot of good bud making coconut oil. I followed the directions exactly. When I never got off, I made more, made it 3 or 4 times stronger, then used double what's called for in a recipe, and still I never got stoned. Sleepy yes, but not high or stoned. Yes, I decarbed properly.
My daughter, who moved to LA in 07, is 33. She sent me some edibles, a couple times. Second time, it was supposed to be very potent. Man, I never got anything from it. I thought, still, maybe I had done something wrong, or her friends who made the edibles got it wrong.
Then, traveled to Denver in 2014, and tried 4 strains and I bought 2 brownies. I ate one, waited a good 2 hours, nothing, ate the other, and I eventually smoked some Bubba Kush, the best of what I tried that trip, and fell asleep for a couple hours. So, I just don't get it. I do have a memory as a teen of getting very messed up from eating something with weed, and, that it lasted all day. The stuff I grow, I have one old friend who rarely smokes a bowl. He says it's always one or two hit stuff, but he has no tolerance.
Anyone else as tolerant or "burned out" as this old man? LOL :)
Still not burned out after..(Let's just say..LOL) FIFTY + Years! :eyepiece:
I am still a cheap date as far as my weed goes (especially since I grow my own legally) and I use the Levo Extraction device with 3 pods! (actually 1 double and one single..one other single in reserve, just in case)
Let the GF picked the color to keep the peace..LMAO
Levo

S

Shawnery

45 this year and been smoking since I was 23 so 22 years on the pipe.

I always considered myself high tolerance. I usually need about 80 to 100 mg of thc to get high. From my understanding that's a pretty hefty dose for edibles.

My wife loves what she calls, "edibles shawn".

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I always considered myself high tolerance. I usually need about 80 to 100 mg of thc to get high. From my understanding that's a pretty hefty dose for edibles.

I have no idea how strong mine are..I make 3x the weed recommended for 2x the time recommended by Levo..Sleeping like a baby again ..(like 3/4 oz of decarbed bud in 3/8 lb of butter)..To keep things even..I pour the butter into mini silicon ice cube trays..that way it is easy to adjust the dose..If I use my GDP butter..it only takes me 3 mini cubes..other strains accordingly:)

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I am still a cheap date as far as my weed goes (especially since I grow my own legally) and I use the Levo Extraction device with 3 pods! (actually 1 double and one single..one other single in reserve, just in case)
View attachment 811385
View attachment 811385
Well, it looks like it will do the same as the machine I have. If either of you would like to explain why I never got off, have at it. I don't understand. My daughter was concerned I was going to eat to much LOL!!!
Here is what takes me on a trip.... Rosin!
20180625 142350

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

You started late old man LOL. I'm 58, our 40 year HS reunion would be this year. I was 15 when I started, in 75. I'm getting ready to grow a strain that I hope reminds me of strong Columbian. [Malawi x Panama], I have 3 beans set to germinate plus 3 of Sk#1. I know this, I do need to try and take a tolerance break. :cool:

S

Shawnery

Need to scrape the underside just a bit to remove the small bits that came through the cheese cloth but it's done otherwise.

There is most likely over 5 plants worth of trim in that little bit of budder.

20180626 172817
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Well, it looks like it will do the same as the machine I have. If either of you would like to explain why I never got off, have at it. I don't understand. My daughter was concerned I was going to eat to much LOL!!!
Here is what takes me on a trip.... Rosin!
View attachment 811391
I think a major difference is that the Levo will not chop the weed. It uses a magnetic stirer, and the temps and times are infinitely adjustable. There are pros and cons with each..Mine has no whirring LEDs to get me nutso while the thing is on either..LOL

S

Shawnery

I've never decarbed my cannabis before making budder. You shouldn't have to unless you're doing something different?

Although in a pinch I will decarb cannabis and put it in my tea and honey, works well

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I think BOTH machines recommend de-carbing 1st, even though the MBM has a decarb function..Levo has no decarb function, but it doesn't matter..no straining either..just plain canna butter. The mush stays in the pods.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I think BOTH machines recommend de-carbing 1st, even though the MBM has a decarb function..Levo has no decarb function, but it doesn't matter..no straining either..just plain canna butter. The mush stays in the pods.
Yep. Thats about it. But I make coconut oil. You get less butter than oil for same bud amount. Everything I've read indicates coconut oil is the way to go. Anyways, I've made both. Neither got me high regardless of how much I used.

Also, I've done it without decarbing. I've tried everything and I used several ounces of very potent buds. All wasted. I've read articles and done goggle searches to insure I was doing things right, besides following directions. I've had this machine for a few years, never even heard of the one posted above till today. I never bought it for the lights!! LOL. I bought it to make butter or oil I could cook with and get stoned. I am super disappointed. Wished I lived in a legal state. I'd find out what it takes to get me off that way. :cool:

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yep. Thats about it. But I make coconut oil. You get less butter than oil for same bud amount. Everything I've read indicates coconut oil is the way to go. Anyways, I've made both. Neither got me high regardless of how much I used.

Also, I've done it without decarbing. I've tried everything and I used several ounces of very potent buds. All wasted. I've read articles and done goggle searches to insure I was doing things right, besides following directions. I've had this machine for a few years, never even heard of the one posted above till today. I never bought it for the lights!! LOL. I bought it to make butter or oil I could cook with and get stoned. I am super disappointed. Wished I lived in a legal state. I'd find out what it takes to get me off that way. :cool:
Hmmm..that is different..I tried some dispensary edibles (Nevada) and they did nothing for me except empty my wallet..TBH, I was a little scared to try and up the dose because of all that I read..However, when I made my own, I got blasted..just before I fell asleep (I like MJ in various forms for: pain, sleep, and just for the fun of it)..
Maybe tincture (Green Dragon) would do it for you? I haven't tried that myself yet, but it is next on the list.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I just pressed this tonight. This is about 1 gram of oil (rosin), from about 4 grams of very moist buds. That, I'm learning, is key for a high yield like this, about 25%. This was pressed in a 220 micron bag at 210 degrees for 1:45. All I can say is, it's Awesome! "A little dab will do ya" :cool:
20180626 221219

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I just pressed this tonight. This is about 1 gram of oil (rosin), from about 4 grams of very moist buds. That, I'm learning, is key for a high yield like this, about 25%. This was pressed in a 220 micron bag at 210 degrees for 1:45. All I can say is, it's Awesome! "A little dab will do ya" :cool:View attachment 811435
If you really want to check out your Rosin..I suggest getting a <$25 Yocan Evolve Plus <Ebay>! NO filtration and right to the point!! Hits like Rocky..LOL It is pretty stealth for a wax pen.:cool:

S

Shawnery

I have pure ethanol, anyone know if I can make green dragon with it, or is it to toxic?

I think you're supposed to use pure grain but can't get my hands on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom