Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Trimming While In Flower (yes Or No)

Discussion in 'Advanced Techniques & Problems' started by LoudpackzUk, May 15, 2018.

1. Hi im a first time grower.

Ive seen mixed feelings about trimming while in flower.

Some say its a good stress, will increase yield, expose more buds, better airflow etc and other say its bad

I am more inclined to try it as im a risk taker haha...

...Or maybe just try with one of the plants.

Currently 5x Cali Cookies in early flower

What do you guys think?

IMG_0471.JPG
    Budmanx likes this.
  2. MW7945

MW7945

A lot of people are anti but especially if mine looked like that, I'd do it.

I learned the hard way you gotta keep your canopy at bay or end up with a lot of airy shit bud. My last grow I did multiple defoliations and avoided that happening again. Still got just shy of 1g/w

1diesel1 likes this.
  3. GT21

GT21 I like soup Supporter

Dont do a lot at once... Do like a couple branches at a time. End pruning bout 3 weeks. But next time try to do all that in veg

JWM2, Enforcer, Homesteader and 4 others like this.
  4. Just pluck the large fan leaves, sparingly. Don’t get carried away. At week 7 completely strip all large fan leaves.

GT21 likes this.
  5. That thing needs some space to breath. Make sure you don't remove to many incase of health issues later. Imagine if you remove a bunch and then a week later she becomes I'll and losses a bunch more. Almost happened to me but I was lucky and caught it in time.

JWM2 and 1diesel1 like this.
  6. The fan leaves are your sinks or reserves for nutrients and they are also the canaries in the coal mine for many deficiencies. A plant will naturally begin senescence towards the end of flower and as it does it will take those nutrients to build larger healthy buds. Once their yellow, their tapped.
    Some strains are just hairy as hell and need a shave just to manage it though. I personally avoid those strains because of it.

Dunge and JWM2 like this.
  7. JWM2

JWM2 Premium Member Supporter

My thoughts exactly. You shouldn’t have to do any pruning in the flowering stage. Let them use the energy they’d need to recover into producing flowers. But it’s your grow so you do what you need to. You’re the one who has to live with the results. Good luck either way. But I’d vote to leave them alone :)